SuperBowl

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by staples, Feb 3, 2008.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I think one of the ESPN commentators (could be Berman or Jackson) put it best... it will be a blood bath. Can't imagine what the casualty list will be like. Luckily there is a 2 week break between the AFC final and the Superbowl to allow them to recover.

I like the way Willie Parker is stepping up his game. He looks as fast as before his knee injury. This makes Big Ben more dangerous as the Ravens defence can't key on Roethlisberger alone anymore. I hope we stuff those ugly birds. GO STEELERS!

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

One step closer....

3. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Thats right;
    Anyone still has doubts about the soaring Eagles????

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The San Diego SuperChargers lost because they got no defense, simple as that.;)

As for them Eagles, we've seen their act before, going to many playoffs even to the SB but failed to finish the deal. We'll see what happens this time.

#64 ctjcad, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

BTW, anyone notice 3 of the 4 remaining teams are birds - Eagles, Cardinals, Ravens. But all it takes is one steel rebar to crush them :D:D

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:p "Pittsburgh Mayor Asks to Remove Ravens From His Name (By Sean D. Hamill, The New York Times): Pittsburgh's 28-year-old mayor Luke Ravenstahl filled out a Verified Petition for a Name Change in a ceremonial effort to convert his surname to Steelerstahl. He'll retain the name through Sunday, until the conclusion of the the Steelers-Ravens clash for the AFC title."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/15/sports/football/15mayor.html?_r=1

28 :eek: (nutters)

If the Ravens play like they did against the Titans and Willie Parker played like Sunday I really don't see the Ravens with a realistic chance of winning (not to mention whether or not they have any healthy players left). Can see the Cards coming out on top though :). On the other hand ... Pittsburgh v Philadelphia Superbowl XLIII :cool:.

#66 demolidor, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yes, I read this too. Isn't stahl = steel in German? I would be sorely disappointed if the Steelers can't get past the Ravens. The Ravens are a little banged up, worn down and tired (no break since week 2) and has a very suspect one-dimensional offence. If the Steelers get up by 2 TDs early, it'll force the Ravens to change their game plan and this plays into the hands of the Steeler's defence.

I am rooting for Arizona to pull it off against the Eagles. It's always nice to see a cinderella team make it through. Plus I like Phoenix the city too.

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yep Stahl = steel in german = staal in dutch ;) Hereby claiming the Staal brothers to play for our national team :p.

Ravenstahl, b*st*rd Steeler-Raven offspring :D.

#68 demolidor, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I hope..

..the Ravens vs. Steelers game ends in a 0-0 tie, in regulation; then go into OT and the winning team wins on a safety. A 2-0 victory.[​IMG]

10. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Seriously unlikely me thinks...

I'm predicting steelers by about 17-9.

Also, sorry whoever that Eagles fan was, but Cardinals will win easy (I really hate Kurt Warner, so he'll do it just to spite me).

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Hmm..^^

..will that be 5 FGs and a safety by the Steelers and 1 TD and a safety by the Ravens??..[​IMG]

That "whoever that Eagles fan was" (malayali), he is actually from Dallas, TX (could be a die-hard 'Boys supporter;)). I don't know if he is an Eagles fan, but i think he was rooting for whoever the G-Men were playing against...;)

12. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Believe it or not, I'm expecting Steelers TD(s), and well, I don't want Ravens to get too badly beaten. Maybe the scores are a bit inflated, but not probably not massively. I guess we'll find out how wrong I am tomorrow...

I see.

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I also think the Steelers will score at least a touchdown. As long as the Steelers go and stay ahead, it'll force Baltimore to rely more and more on Flacco... and that could be (steel) curtains for the Ravens.

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    All the best to the winners! ;)

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to be any consolation to the winner of the Pittsburgh/Baltimore game. Whoever comes through from this war will be so banged up, they may not be fully ready for the Super Bowl

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It's all set...

...the surprising Cardinals vs. the Steelers in the SuperBowl....

Meanwhile, the Ravens and Eagles are sent back to their respected nests--thanks for trying, guys...;)

As for the SuperBowl prediction, wow, i think that's gonna be a tough one. It'll be the Steelers' defense going up against the Cardinals' multi-faceted offense. And it could come down to a FG to decide the winner. Which one to prevail? We shall see...:cool:

17. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Yep, it's the old "irresistible force vs immovable object" cliche.
    Really don't want Cardinals to win...
    ...but they do look good.

18. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    there goes my "Eagles" prediction!!!:crying:

19. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Hehehehe :D:D. Go Steelers

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

My God. What carnage in the Steelers v Raven match. I hope McGahee will be alright. The Ravens defence looked a little tired and that probably helped the Steelers, especially since they lost Hines Ward early on.

The clock finally struck 12 for Flacco, who looked terrible and was totally owned by the Steelers defence. The pressure forced him into unwise throws which were gladly gobbled up by the DB's/Safeties.

For a guy hobbled by a calf injury, Troy Polamalu sure a considerable influence on the game. I can't say enough about him. Such special players come along very rarely. All the talk about Ed Reed, well, he was barely in the game (good Steelers strategizing I guess).

Luckily for the Steelers, they get 2 weeks to heal. I had said it would be necessary after the Baltimore game, and that's gonna be case.

Roll on the Super Bowl. Bring on the Cardinals. Go Steelers!