Armortec 700 and 900P

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jensen9173, Feb 23, 2009.

1. thejym

thejym Regular Member

Well what are you looking for? If you are looking for a performance string, you will have to give up durability and price (unless you have your own stringing machine, then it's your leisure that you give up). If you want to save money by getting a durable string, you will sacrifice a little bit on the performance end.

In my opinion, if you are asking such a general question, it is probably not worth your while (and money!) to go with a performance string because the costs may exceed the benefits for you. And think of it this way as well: if you use a regular string, you will have to work harder to hit your shots and control them and that will ultimately make you stronger and more skilled.

If you like high tensions, just go with BG-65 at 24-27lbs. If you get a thin string like the BG-66 or BG-85, they will break really quickly at high tensions...but if you don't string them tight enough you won't notice any performance gains.

Right now I am using BG-65 at 26x28lbs and it feels good. I'm preferring the high tension feel to the repulsive feel of the BG-66 at 24x26lbs.

2. Carbonlist

Carbonlist Regular Member

Student
    actually i have all 3 racquets discussed...the at 700 is a smashing monster, at 900p less smashing but faster reflexes...arc 10 is perfect. with at 700 you can't really defend, it's so much heavier...unless you want it for mixed doubles and you're a guy...with at 900p, i'd rather go for at 900t, more control, much more important, as with the at 900p, it's like in between the 700 and 900t. arcsaber 10 is on a class of itself. this is the racquet i use for doubles. i don't know how it works but it does. light and maneuverable...smashable if strung at 25+. when y ou smash, it's like the racquet bends backwards and then releases it's energy if you hit it in the sweetspot

just my 2 cents. make that 15 for my time.

3. jensen9173

jensen9173 Regular Member

Well, i'm looking for AT700 with BG68ti and what tension it might be?
    BG68ti more durable than BG66. I'm using it (BG68ti, tension 26lbs) on my NS7700 and the smash power more stronger than previous tension 25lbs.

4. jensen9173

Wow! you got the 3 rackets that i like most, AT700, AT900P and ARC 10. So what tension do you use for AT700 and what string?

5. jensen9173

I just received my brand new AT700 today and tried it out with tring BG 80 and tension 25lbs. I can felt to power of smash but still not get used to it. I like the net control and drop shot, it really fast for the shuttle to travel. :D
    Overall i like it:D

6. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    where did you get such a special price like that!?

7. jensen9173

In Ipoh victor shop!
    My AT700 cost RM620 with string BG80 and YY bag (can fit in 5 racket, single jip)

8. Amin Khalili

Student
    Damn cheap~I hope i can get that kinda price at KL or bangi

9. findecano1

findecano1 Regular Member

Customer Service Exec
    Why not? Just need to nego only what surely you can get cheaper than those prices eventhough the prices have gone up! BUT depends on your nego skills la

10. Amin Khalili

Student
    hehehe .. can teach me?anybody?i have NO nego skill ... or in better word NEVER NEGO BEFORE

11. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Sometimes, having a good negotiating position is much more important. Price is often not the only negotiable attribute. If there is something else you want, you can try to convince the shop to give you a packaged price. Your position improves if you are aware of where you can get a better price.

Good luck!

12. akrylik

akrylik New Member

How to nego:

Initial price: $100

Always go 15~20% lower than asking price.

You: Hey uncle $80 can can hao?
    Uncle: No la $80 I oso don't make profit then will mati. I can let go for $95
    You: No la uncle $95 too expensive. I am poor student la. Give $85 good price boleh la!
    Uncle: Wah lau, $92 no lower liao or I sell and sell badminton gear till si liao also never get rich..
    You: Ok ok la $90, look I have no more money uncle! (Show your wallet with the other $10 taken out prior to the nego).
    Uncle: Ok la ok I give you.
    You: Oh thank you uncle! So pai seh...

13. Louislkw

Louislkw Regular Member

Enginneer in Oil and Gas
    Good one.. :D:D. Impressive negotiation skill. Take out 10 dollar before go buy.

But sometime very hard to nego when the ppl show you those long face like telling you No Money Don't Buy. :eek:

14. jensen9173

Normally i will do searching for few shops and comparing the price, then i will decide what they can give me. Usually if you just asking for the price they will give you normal price tag but if you really want it then they will cut less more.:)

15. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Nice!!

You can also try this (after spending a long time at the shop looking at many many rackets, potentially wasting the uncle's time):
    You: Uncle, how much you selling this one?
    Uncle: $100
    You: Uncle, <name another shop> selling at $80 leh but I want to buy from you because you are nicer to me.
    Uncle: $80? But my buying price already higher than $80
    You: then how much can you give me?
    Uncle: $90.
    You: Uncle, I also need shuttles (worth $20). We settle at $100 for everything how?
    Uncle: ...

The point here is still negotiating position. Important tip in negotiation, always think win-win.
    1. Consider if you will be a long term customer. If the shop is treating you well, a $10-$20 extra now may mean better prices in future so you will still get a net a long term saving
    2. Let the shop consider the same -- future revenue.
    3. If the uncle has spent a long time with you, he will be more obliged to close the deal.
    4. It's important to know what the uncle's competition is offering. You may round it down a bit, e.g. $255 -> $250 but be careful if you attempt to bluff. It's risks point 1. In .sg, be very wary of that because the shop keepers seem to know each other's prices.
    5. Uncle's concern is usually profit per transaction. If you can get him to package your purchase, you can save from other items. E.g. basic racket comes with free grip + string. Ask for a higher end string, include 2-3 tubes of shuttles (which you need anyway), more grips, a bigger racket bag. Know the price of all these. It's easier for the uncle to give you a better discount this way.
    Things are much easier if you already established a good relationship with the shop. Offering to buy the uncle coffee may be pushing it but if you can develop a long term relationship with the shop, it will benefit you in many ways in the future. If the uncle knows you are a long term customer, he will offer you a good price.

16. Amin Khalili

Student
    How if the retail price is rm999 but somebody already got to rm700-rm800 ???

17. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher
    I just bought 1 more AT700 yesterday, at KK, Sabah. "Accidentally" I found one shop still selling it at old sunrise price RM649. Only one left. Got 10% discount, so I get it RM585. Without any doubt I give my card and swipe it :D

But of course, the price for racquet only

18. Amin Khalili

Student

how if the retail price rm999 but can get until rm700-rm800 ... can help?

19. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher
    En Amin, you want to buy Armotec700limited edition??

Go to Pertama complex la, atleast you can get RM800

20. akrylik

akrylik New Member

You: Ok la uncle I no buy from here. The price make me heartache!
    Uncle: Ok ok you take ha but remember my good deed!

The 200 rm price cut is theoritically possible. You also need that "Oh please kesian me" appearance. Don't come to his store and dangle your BMW key on his nose.

The above method posted by weeyeh is also a highly recommended method.

Just an addition, you can try to kacau him too by buying this and that product.

ie:

Racket: 800 rm
    Shuttle: 30 rm
    Indomie x4: 12 rm
    Grip: 21 rm

Then say to him; All for 840 la ok uncle? I happy you happy.

Usually works :).