Post videos of yourself playing

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GTAveteran, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    In your second video, I saw much of the same. A solid net game coupled with an excellent return of serve and someone that certainly didn't look like they were playing someone too much above their level. Although perhaps later on, I noticed the discrepancy in playing level a bit more

Your overhead strokes look a bit more conventional from the view provided in the second video but I maintain that you should make less use of the slower drop and more use of faster drop shots and checked smashes. When you did make your drop shots a bit faster and with more angle, you seemed to have a fair bit of success with them. You certainly look more comfortable controlling the rally from a slightly more defensive position, perhaps it would be good to develop a more attacking weapon from your smash?

2. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    oh yeh! im the one in the red li ning shirt with black shorts. my friend is the far side with china olympics shirt and red shorts.
    :p
    cheers

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

where did you get the Li Ning shirt without "China" wrote on the back.:eek:

4. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    teehee!

a friend i found:p but i cant find his email atm....i will try find again for you if u like?

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Sounds good, thanks, I was looking for that shirt since it first came out on the BBe shop website, but it said china on the back, and I would prefer one that didn't say that. That was about 4 months ago :D those he have the black one aswell ? I would like both ! :D:D:D:cool::D

6. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    yeh iv got the red yellow and black one:p

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

you are lucky :D may I ask how much ?:D

8. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    ah man cant remember! il have to find out...give me the weekend.

mate do u play in many england orbitals and satellites. il be playing about 12-15 next year to keep my sponsorship deal strong and get a good ranking, i think u said u play in some?

:)

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I will PM you to save it going off topic.:)

10. fuyu2010

fuyu2010 Regular Member

Chemist, Badder
    @Danstevens thank you for your assessment. I think i play better after alot of browsing in badmintoncentral. The credit should go to BCers :)
    Mostly in technique threads and video sharing.

Of course learn by myself have limit as no one show me how to choose different shot, placement or discussing about particular strategy and point what are my flawed techniques. The obvious one i have no routine training and drills.

Actually since i was a kid i really hate sports and doing not very well. But since i fall in love with badminton i love jogging, sprinting uphill and doing some weight training. I noticed im much stronger fitter now.

I tried to find coach around here by visiting some of clubs in my area. But i havent found a club that had coaching. Of course i saw peoples with high level in each club but cannot expect to play singles as doubles is the main menu in every-club i visited.

I think my defensive style have something to do to increase my consistency and i dont want to end the rally very soon. It is clear from my videos that i lost many points from my errors (out of court). Next time i will try to add a bit more offensive in my games.
    Racket up!!
    Thank you!

11. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

@yippo888 fault serve at 9:50, your foot came of the ground haven't had a chance to watch the full video, just bits of it, will give feedback later

13. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    LD_rules!

wow! you sure are eagle eyed!! i dont even think at tournament play they would call on that one. but pretty sure my foot is on ground at point of impact on serve. but mate its off camera anyway where my right foot is!!

14. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    i would like to see more vids of better games Yippo888. i am very interested in seeing county level players in bristol.

15. akatsuki2104

I forgot to precise that i'm the one in blue shirt ^^. Both of us haven't had any coach. I just watch international videos and try to copy the pros:p.

16. David_Allan

David_Allan Regular Member

Okay to start of with this may seem a bit critical but there are good bits which ill get to later.

First off RACKET UP !!! the number of times I saw you loses points due to the racket head down but your knee was just wrong. You are a good player but you need to learn to keep the racket head above your waist as much as possible.

The next thing goes hand in hand after you play a short shot you have a habit of standing there for a second or two and this causes you to hit the shuttle late if you are forced into the back court. To solve this after you hit a net shot take a step back towards your base in the middle of the court this means that you will have more time to get the shuttle back and a wider choice of shot to choose from.

Also BEND YOUR KNEES this will make you able to react faster at the moment your knees look straight. By keeping your knees straight this will make it hard to reach shots.

And finally ERRORS the with out number of silly mistakes you made you would have had a much larger lead over your friend just try to relax and picture where you want your shot to go.

As for the good points you have a good, solid, technique for some one who has had no coaching and good footwork all that is lacking is some basic fundamental which I have out lined above.

Hope this isn't too harsh.

David

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

@akatsuki2104

One thing I have noticed, is the overuse of the crosscourt netshot, not only are you making mistakes on it, but it is getting predictable.
    Instead, get to the shuttle earlier, and play a spinning net shot, which can be just as effective, even sometimes a normal netshot taken high, won't win the rally straight from that shot, but it can force a weak lift/loose netshot, which can win you the rally. I would agree with what David_Allan has said.

18. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Both of you are decent standard player, I dont like giving advice since I am not much better ...how you read the game comes with experience which I am surely you will gain

19. akatsuki2104

Thank you for your advises.

David_Allan, I've also notice that I always put my racket down after watching the video. As for the fact that I stand at the net is because I try to kill if my opponent try a net shot, so i'm ready to bounce at it.
    And don't worry about being harsh or not, I post a video to have advises and learn more so every advices are welcome

LD rules, I uses a lot of cross netshot because it wasn't a serious match, so I try to use these as a training ^^. In more competitive match, I surely won't play like this :eek:.

20. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    There probably isn't much I can add to the comments that have already been made about this video. As well as the issue of having your racket too low, the main issue with contacting the shuttle late is simply the fact that you're a bit flat footed on your split. Whilst a split drop is good, you get no benefit from it because when you split step you're flat footed so it's no easier for you to move to the shuttle than if you hadn't made a split drop in the first place.

As for your video, yippo888, I have watched it a couple of times but I want to watch it at least once more before I post any feedback. You're clearly a very good player and any improvements that you should consider incorporating in to your game will be relatively minor.