BAM news

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Mar 17, 2010.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Saturday June 5, 2010
    Chin Chai replaces sacked Ganga as honorary BAM secretary
    By SHAMSHUL FITRI
    SHAH ALAM: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have named Ng Chin Chai as their new honorary secretary.

The 47-year-old Negri Sembilan BA (NSBA) secretary was picked to fill the void left by the sacked P. Ganga Rao at the BAM’s council meeting here yesterday.

BAM president Datuk Mohd Nadzmi Salleh had the prerogative to make the appointment but he preferred to let the council make the decision.

“He’s an old face in the association and he fits the bill. But I brought his name up to the council for them to decide,” said Nadzmi.

“Chin Chai is more than capable of taking over the post and this is part of the major restructuring we are going through in the association.”

Chin Chai, a lawyer by profession, has been in the badminton fraternity since joining as a back-up player in the 80s.

He has been involved in coaching players in Negri since 1988 and the head of coaching of the NSBA since 2006.

Meanwhile, Nadzmi hinted that he might reinstate the post of assistant secretary as Chin Chai will be working on voluntary basis and will not be on BAM’s payroll, unlike Ganga.

“Maybe, we’ll need to find an assistant because he will not be able to do everything on his own,” said Nadzmi.

Coincidentally, Chin Chai was the last person to hold the post of assistant secretary when he assisted Datuk Punch Gunalan in 1994-96.

For Chin Chai, his appointment as secretary was more of a calling for him to serve the country.

“Badminton is my passion and I don’t feel any pressure when offered the post. I even think of it as national service to lift the country’s standard of badminton to a higher level,” said Chin Chai.

Nadzmi also said that he had found a suitable candidate for the post of high performance manager.

The candidate, he said, was someone from outside BAM but who had experience being a player.

He said the manager would be responsible for monitoring coaches and the progress of the players in the national squad.

“I have somebody in mind and I have spoken to him about this. However, he has yet to respond,” said Nadzmi, who added that ideally the candidate should be a former player.

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

You all ah, cool down. Part of the punishment is Fuzzy dropped from Singapore & INA SS
    http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/Zakry-Fairuzizuandropped/Article/

Well, some of us can comment direct to relevant parties, no need forum. ;)

3. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Chin Chai new BAM secretary

2010/06/05
    By K.M. Boopathy
    boopathy@nst.com.my
    Share |

BA of Malaysia (BAM) president Datuk Nadzmi Salleh served no surprises yesterday when he appointed Ng Chin Chai as the new secretary of the association and also announced that a high performance director will be appointed soon to oversee national players and coaches. He was unanimously picked for the post at the BAM executive council and council meetings held in Shah Alam.

Chin Chai, 47, has been involved in the game as a national player and as a coach for Negri at all age group levels for 18 years.

He also served as the assistant to former BAM secretary Datuk Punch Gunalan beteen 1994 and 1996.

Nadzmi said an assistant secretary will also be appointed soon to improve the administration of the association.

“Chin Chai is the obvious choice as he is an old hand in the badminton circle and he fits the bill.

“He has experience in administration and will also be able to become the link between the national player and coaches and the association until the high performance director is appointed,” said Nadzmi.

Former international Datuk James Selvaraj, who is Bata Malaysia’s sport marketing manager, appears to be Nadz mi’s choice for the post of high performance director

“We need the director to be someone who is a former player, passionate about the game, patriotic and also a very good manager.

“I have spoken to the candidate. He may come on a part- time basis and probably become full-time once his contract ends with his current employer.

“Everything is now in place and the biggest worry at the moment is the short term targets. And the roles of the secretary, general manager and the high performance di rector will be important in ensuring the changes take place.”

Chin Chai, a lawyer by profession, said he will be around at the BAM office at Juara Stadium regularly to improve the efficiency of the association.

“Although I am an honorary secretary, I believe physical presence is important and I will ensure that I am regularly at the office to improve administration,” said Chin Chai.

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Some of us can comment direct to relevant parties

Hahaha... Even in this thread we can talk, and talk and talk. But, is BAM taking any notice of our comments/suggestions?

For BCers in contact with BAM, please tell BAM our comments/suggestions. Then report to us what BAM think about our comments/suggestions.

Talk without action is usually ineffective.

5. SibugiChai

YAB
    some NGO actually send a memorandum to BAM to ask Datuk Nadzmi to step down but I think he wont listen... Msia leaders are not like Japan... they will blame others for their own failure...

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Chris@ccc, the max action on our part is only until there. The NGO give memorandum is about the max of the max public can do.

Yup, Sibugichai, as if they bother, esp when they own interest at stake.

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Japanese leaders do not simply resign because of some disgrunted fans. They resign only for very practical reasons. The current Japanese PM resigned because of his flip-flop on the Okinawa US military base that has now enraged the population to throw out his party in the coming elections. He resigned for a very practical reason and that is to take the heat away from his party.
    In BAM's case it is all rumour mongering that serves no useful purpose.

8. SibugiChai

YAB
    10years at helm...

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Who are we to talk, talk, talk and have the arrogance to assume we know best.
    Any forum such as this should not try to co-manage or micro-manage another organization.
    Also BCers who have access to BAM people should not "kei poh chne" and assume that they are experts.
    When an organization is set up it has its own constitution and elected officials. It is the elected officials who are tasked with running and managing the organization. Just like any corporation, it has objectives, hopefully realistic objectives, and the management has the full power and responsibilty to run and manage it. Having outside parties, most of them professing to be experts, micro-managing BAM will only make BAM leaderless, shirking their responsibilty to manage.
    However, that does not mean fans, and I mean real Malaysia fans and not those who want Malaysia to be thrashed, in the form of a say Malaysia Badminton fans club, who can set up its own independent website to voice their opinions. This keeps it away from co-managing BAM. Such a fans club should also show some responsibility in that they take a position on any imporatnt issues instead of allowing a free-for-all for all rubbish that comes in thick and fast. Perhaps, we need to look at Bayern Munich's Fans club on certain positions it took which brought to the club's attention.
    This way, you have two responsible bodies, ie BAM and Malaysian Badminton Fans Club, working independently but also in synergy.
    Isn't this better than all the barbs and insults that are being hurled here?

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    i do know the new secretary but i think he also know the problem :D

11. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

We need some BCers to tell BAM what we think

Not saying that Bcers are trying to co-manage or micro-manage BAM. Only asking if our talk is making any difference to BAM.

With the responsibility of running BAM, their management probably won't have time to read our BCers' comments/suggestions. That is why we need some BCers to tell BAM what we think.

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

As a lawyer, hope that he can apply justice there

As a lawyer, hope that he can apply justice there.

14. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    the new one is a coach, a former national player, a badminton lover and also a lawyer, experience-wise, yes, thats the difference.

once in a while some bcer pokes him and the rest depends on him.

i think that is better than all us here just chatting...

15. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Do not expect too much from the new honorary secretary although he will do things, administratively, differently from the last hon. secretary.
    May I remind readers that the role of a secretary is administrative, not executive, and he is still responsible to the president and acts as an extension of the president. He is after all a member of the BAM.
    A better way of ensuring BAM gets some credible feedback from the nation's fans is to form a Malaysian Badminton Fans Club, which will then have more credibility. This fans club, depending on the size of its membership, can play a more productive role. Just look at some of the EPL soccer teams fans clubs like MU, a club that can even come up with a proposal to buy back MU from its American owners. Or the German Bayern Munich fans club which has some serious differences with the way the club is being managed. Such fans clubs dare to put their money where their money is, which is the key.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

The new hon. secretary Ng Chin Chai is not a newcomer to BAM. He is already a serving member of the BAM Council. The new job means he will have to relinquish his old Council seat and now works more as the president's assistant administratively.

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hahaha
    i like the sentence of 'In BAM's case it is all rumour mongering that serves no useful purpose.'
    hehe
    with tunnel vision,one might need me to disclose the player name or xyz to wake up from utopia
    and yet after that,he still might not believe what i said
    hehe
    its ok
    i will try to keep quite on bam issue,never say anything extra than what reported in press interview
    hehe

but then
    now,he is using the defense mechanism to ignore what he dont want to face
    hehe

lets help by not letting him know anything extra

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i nearly fell of laughing after i read this news & saw his name (i thought it was a joke)...the pronounciation of "Chin Chai" sounds like "so, so"..:eek:

19. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Chin chai is a Fujianese phrase meaning simple or not to worry. When describing a person as very chin chai it is a compliment as simple and easy going.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..well, hopefully it'll be "simple and easy going" for BAM from here on out..:cool: