New Victor Racquet - The Meteor X80 ( MX80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Dec 19, 2010.

1. fsga1891

fsga1891 Regular Member

Measured bp is at 310mm, my friends feel too heavy head, but is just feel great for me.

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I will buy this racket in few weeks time, hopefully it meets my expectation

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Visor, I just bought some of the new fluro red ZM67. Been about a year since I last used ZM67 so it will be interesting to see the difference now between it and VS850.

And more importantly, it's gunna look HOT on the MX80 :D

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

OK, took the MX80 for another spin. Shoulder was rested so I expected a different feel to the racket.

Right from the first clear during warm up it felt good. The shuttle was coming off the strings crisply (I guess my timing was better too). During game play, my net shots were tight and true. Backhand clears were no problem and my smashes were getting stronger (again thanks to better timing). Drives were fast and accurate.

Defensively it took a step back–this is where the NS9000X shines as it's a tad faster (a tad makes a huge difference). I found myself a little slower defending smashes to my body and directly in front of me. Maybe it's my bad habit of driving smashes back but I need to adjust to lift it a bit more.

Still it's only been 2 times. I'll be curious to see what other surprises this racket holds next time round.

5. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    i had tried Toalson Premium Tour 66 Red recently and the playability is quite awesome..i think comparable with Nanogy98/VS850. Price around RM30..
    Gauge = 0.66mmLength = 10m
    Coating = NYLON

i like the hitting sound on my racket @26lbs...:D

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Try to engage more drive battles... you'll be more than pleasantly surprised by its precision and stability! :cool:

7. AtTraining

AtTraining New Member

Visor. you are very right there driving, smashing! For me, it is almost as powerful as VT80.

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

My driving technique, especially on the fast exchanges from mid court, still needs improving. I have lazy habits that I need to get out of my system. More practice I guess, haha. As good a racket as the MX80 is for driving, I may not see the benefits until I get better.

9. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Would like to seek advise from all of you. May I know what backup racket is suitable to MX80 after I get tired using it at the end of the 2 hours session? I am looking at BS11, SW36 or FZ Ti550S which I need to maintain the power in smashing like using the MX80 (may be slightly less) although being tired.

Appreciate your sharing. Thanks. :rolleyes:

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Heh... the mx70 of course! It'll be out in September in Taiwan/SE Asia.

I'll be getting one for that very same reason...

11. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Geez, don't get the Ti550S if the MX80 tires you out! :eek:

Just play more :) The first month of using the MX80 I had a lot more tricep soreness than I had with most of the rackets I'd had in the past, but now it's not a problem unless I absolutely smash myself. Generally though, the more you play, the stronger you'll get, so get on that court and go hard! Before you know it, your MX80 won't give you any issues.

Like Visor said though, the MX70 sounds like it will be the 'easier' companion piece to the MX80, so you're probably better off waiting until then.

12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I'm thinking about buying 2 MX80. Does somebody know where I can get them? Eric doesn't have the 3U version. Which store would ship them to me (Europe)? If somebody know a store with legit Victor stuff please feel free to send me a PN.

13. TheNotoriousLIG

TheNotoriousLIG Regular Member

Student
    Have u tried victor-sport uk? I think they stock the 3u version but you have to get them to oreder it for u. This was the case for one of my friends.

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Going to pick up 1-2 when I go to SG:) hopefully Chris will have stock when I go there in a few weeks.:)

15. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    I think Victor UK should be getting more in August as I enquirer about them as well.

16. lostLore

lostLore Regular Member

I was at Chris's shop last week. They still have some Mx80 in stock so there should be enough for you to buy:D

17. Ahwei

Ahwei Regular Member

Chris's last pcs Mx80 wif me.. heheh

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It's ok :) I heard Chris will be getting more stock in August so I will just ask him to reserve me a piece, and I will collect it, might by another one while I am there or another SW35.

19. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Had a brief hit with my new SW35 last night. It does pack about 5% more power, but it's monumentally stiffer than the MX80.

Actually I can't believe people were warning about the stiffness of the MX80. It ain't that stiff people!

There is however a massive difference in the feel between the SW and MX. The SW is very solid and stiff basically everywhere, whereas the MX is more like a spring - lively even - but without that 'hollow' feel that rackets that feel like this normally exhibit (think the horrid original Head Metallix series).

I've also noticed that I do actually prefer rackets that carry a bit of weight in the head - more Voltric style towards the top - which my MX80 does in a mild way. The SW35 however carries it's weight fairly evenly with no real sensation of weight specifically in the head.

It's still a gaping hole in Victors line-up - a racket with a 305+ balance point with a weighted head. The SuperWaves are not that racket.

20. visor

visor Regular Member

^^
    Maklike, did you manage to try adding a piece of lead tape on the top of your mx80?