Victor Super Waves 37

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Jan 27, 2011.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

More string tension doesn't help once you get past, say, 28lbs (in my case, 24-25lbs). After that it's all about accuracy&feedback - the smashes are actually slower. To get the same power with both rackets, the MX would have to be swung faster as it is stiffer and less head heavy. The SW37 is easier to get the same power out of, once you get the heavy head moving :D

I agree that he probably has a slightly higher tension on the SW37 though, because the softer shaft will probably result in him losing a bit control, which he would get back by adding tension compared to the MX. At least that's what I do with different rackets.

2. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

i agree with you, more flex needs more tension. time to restring my racket then :p

3. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

I'm about to get a SW37 in a 3U, what is "all round" tension to have on it. If there is such a thing?

4. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    if you hard hitter like jjs, better go 30 lbs above.

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Lol. For most advanced players, something like 25lbs should be fine. Depends very much on play level and style of play, I'm an example of an advanced player stringing above the tension where I get the best repulsion to increase control, as my style of play is rather controlled and defensive and not very aggressive (in singles).
    Without knowing how you play, it's hard to recommend a tension. 30lbs is most likely way too much - only players of pro level can get good power out of it.

6. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    imo...sw37 for hard hitter@smasher from back court. if u are control player better go for other racket.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah, that was not the point - it was about the tension. The SW37 is primarily a singles racket or, as you said, for doubles players who strongly prefer playing from the back.

8. Renmazuo27

I generally play doubles with a preference for playing at the back. Generally with the rackets I use, I hover around the 24-26lb mark but I'm slowly heading up to 26-27lb area.

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Then I'd recommend stringing it at 26lbs - it's still in your 'comfort zone' and tight enough to compensate for the easy swing-through. I find that I need to string similar rackets (N70, VT70) tighter than others because the heavy head and medium shaft make clearing very easy and a bit long at times.

10. Renmazuo27

Thanks for the suggestion. Though it'd be interesting to see the effect. I'm using an MX80 now which, according to the guy I bought it from, are strung around 21/22lb from the factory and some of my clears go long.

11. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    argh....sw37 only available in malaysia by next month...early,mid or end still don't know...

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Lower tension results in a stronger "trampoline" effect, which means on most shots, you'll have a stronger repulsion than with higher tension. That's because the softer tension allows the string to flex more. Sometimes, that's a bad thing though, because the mroe advanced you get, the more 'spongy' it'll feel, and you won't have as much control as the repulsion will not always be completely vertical to the face of the racket. Higher tension improves control by taking a bit of that repulsion away - so you don't drag the shuttle along as long and it won't add as much length to your shots.
    The downside to that is that it'll decrease the power of the smash somewhat and that it'll make the contact feel harder. That may cause pain if you're not used to the tension.

13. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

Will this racket be available in Europe?

14. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

From my sources, it won't come to the Netherlands, don't know about the rest of Europe.

15. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    the fact is all pro's produce smash speed over than 250km/h with string tension 28lbs above.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

*sigh* Yes, but that's part of the reason they're PROS. High tension does not equal high power. I think I mentioned before that Pros are NOT the example to use when talking about power, speed and accuracy - fact is, most of us didn't stand a chance against a world class player if he used a squash racket.
    The main concern of most players at national level (and above) is accuracy - it's much more important to consistently get 5cm closer to the lines than to smash with 260 instead of 240. So instead of going for maximum power, they choose a tension they're comfortable with and where they have high accuracy. I think LD, BCL &co smashed harder a little while back - probably not only because they were younger, but also used slightly lower tension. I have a few of the '06 WC matches, and they're often around the 300k mark whereas nowadays only LD and LCW smash harder than 280 occasionally and only Fu gets over 300.

17. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

If there's someone who has the possibility to compare the SW37 with Arcsaber10 or BS12 -> Please feel free to share your minds with us :)

18. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    how much did u bought ur sw37? :) is it 3ug2 or 4ug2?

#238 TheSmasherKing, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  19. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    in malaysia you can get around rm350 depend on shop you go. but currently no stock untill end nov 2011.

20. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    jjs didnt use sw37 anymore. he just use mx 80 in french open. he smash very powerful.