china: 7 out of 8 world champions once more!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by cxytdn, Aug 16, 2009.

1. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

men's team 2008
    women's team 2008
    mixed team 2009
    men's singles 2009
    women's singles 2009
    men's doubles 2009
    women's doubles 2009

just mixed doubles for denmark.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    agreed,and congrates to china

3. sihker

sihker Regular Member

Well, unless you are team China fan, it gets boring :D

4. zamnabe

zamnabe Regular Member

Student
    congrats to Denmark xd

5. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

Congrats to China and Denmark. It is good to see someone other than China to pick up a win.

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

China indeed a greatest team.........with best players in all....displines

7. Chibot

Chibot Regular Member

Yeah I agreed too, maybe that's why badminton (possibility) will be erase from olympic after 2012. Because China is too dominated. Btw, congratulations for China team.

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

very impressiv..luckily no whitewash in the wc this time just like the all england:eek:;)

9. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    China too dominant in Badminton?

Hi,
    I will agreed China is very disciplined n dominant in this field. But why other countries cant? Is it because because they are short of funding or talents? Personally, I dont think so. Let be realistic. If there are commercial benefits and supports from governments, badminton will become popular worldwide. And if the returns are attractive and sustainable, then many people will invest their time in this activity and motivated to achieve their best. Then China will not be that dominant.
    In Capitalist system, market economy, everything is dollars and cents. Returns from being a fulltime badminton player is not as attractive as tennis or golf.:p
    Lee;)

10. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    CJ whitewash TH during 2nd game. :D

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Can Malaysian Badminton Take a Hint ?

With the dominance of China once again at the concluded WC 2009, one wonders whether Malaysia will do something to change their strategy in world badminton.

Very clearly, LCW who was supposed to beat all, failed yet again. Having followed his progress for many years, I may have been able to deduce what could be the factors to his loss.

The evidence lies in his match with Sony. Sony came with his mind determined to win. He was going to play all out and indeed he did. When the going got tough, LCW was clearly showing distress (I could feel this in the way he struggled to match Sony).

Hints of WC 2007 crept into my mind and I was sure it also did in LCW's mind.
    LCW was put under pressure by Sony and he was not used to that although he tried not to show it as best as he could this time round.

And that leads me to believe there is something wrong with the way the Malaysians go about their training programs (ok I agreedsome smart Alex already knew this). Mental training is probably not one of them -- to put him under a psychologist is nice but it may not be able to simulate the real pressure in tournaments.

Maybe the way they trained is just physical - every day they run and lift weights and play against each other. But the mental training is lacking - there is no 'stress training' where the players are put into big stress like accomplishing a target/assignment which is tough to meet and if they don't make it, they have to accomplish more the next day.

I am 100% sure the chinese training is the best there is. There were times when they spent in army training - nothing beats that I am sure. The chinese training regime is probably one of the toughest - look at Hai feng and Cai Yun. I always thought they play mediocre and always look beatable. But I now change my mind and think they are solid and very hard to beat.

Ok, you hear from me now. LD is the best in this era. He is physically one of the fittest, if not the fittest. His energy is unbelievable - even in the 3rd game, he can call on his awesome smashes and it will stun anyone. LCW does not have that capability (not yet).

I think there is too much pussyfooting in training. The training needs to step up even further. It is good Hendrawan is now one of the coaches. Indonesian coaches are very tough too. Malaysia should also hire someone notable from the China - Xie Xuanxe should be a target coach!

#11 X Ball, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  12. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    To balance things up, china should export good players overseas:D for example, LD&XXF to Korea, LL&woman doubles to INA, CJ&Mix Doubles to MAS, and we have equilibrium :D:p

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I betchu that if MAS exports LCW to China - he would become world champion.:D

They break your legs if you don't jump high enough in training. :)

14. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Well to be honest , I feel it will make other countries work harder.

The only way other countries are going to beat China , is not by copying the same training methods as China , but by taking the Chinese training methods and improving it?

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

How abt..

..forget Xia Xuanze...MAS should quickly steal and bestow a Datukship status to Tang Xinhu, LD's mentor??..LCW will then be able to get priceless information on LD's strengths & weaknesses..bam! next yr LCW is crowned world champ!:cool: