Yonex Nanogy 99 string ( NBG99 )

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by ssgg007, Jan 21, 2012.

1. chng5255

chng5255 Regular Member

I didn't string with NBG 98 so I cannot comment. I personal feel much responsive when NBG 99 match with my 3U VTZF at 30 pounds.

2. Mr.Seafood

Mr.Seafood Regular Member

Student
    when u put ngb 99 on ur Voltric Z force , its definitely become heavier when u hit the shuttle, its so God damn TRUE.
    the repulsion wasnt good enough ,the best part is u can feel and control ur power when u play pin point , its really accurate

3. michael23

michael23 Regular Member

Anyone got a data point on the NBG99's durability? How many hours of play?

4. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Based on personal experiences, and comparing to NBG98, NBG 99 is more durable for me.

Formerly, my NBG 98 lasted only for 2 months

Currently, I have been using NBG 99 for almost 3 months and there is no sign of wear at such string

I play 9 hours per week. :D

IMHO

5. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    I use up my last batch of bg66sharp.
    Would nbg99 capable to replace my beloved bg66sharp in term of ping sound n feeling?
    Any bg66sharp users who try out nbg99 plz share ur input...i knw there not many of them...

6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I believe Nbg 99 alothough a good string but cost Sing 25-27 here is singapore, a bit expensive!

7. Chranisa

Chranisa Regular Member

Deskpub
    Anyone tried the NBG 99?

Anyone tried the NBG 99?

8. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I'm a fan of BG65Ti as I find it easy to extract power from it, but have never tried NBG99.

My only gripe with BG65Ti is it's tension loss and mediocre feel.

Are there any other fans of BG65Ti who have tried NBG99?

How do they compare given there is only 0.01mm difference in thickness?

9. nws56

nws56 Regular Member

guitar maker
    65ti v nanogy 99

They may be close in thickness but 99 feels closer to 66um for me. Compared to 65ti , the nanogy is slightly sharper and livelier , letting you feel more of the shuttle. But if that shuttle is plastic , feeling more of it is not necessarily going to be pleasant. The thicker, soggier 65ti cushions the nasty plastic shuttle feel and could be preferred by you . You're just going to have to try it for yourself .

10. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Thanks. Its difficult to describe why I like BG65Ti. I have tried quite a range of strings but just don't get along with thin strings. Yes they're great for net shots, touchy feely shots and are very repulsive, but I just cannot get any power from thin strings for some reason.

BG65Ti to me is like a sledgehammer, whereas thin strings like BG66UM more like a watchmaker's hammer - precise and communicative.

I hoping that someone who can relate to this and have tried the NBG99 let me know what they think of the NBG99.

11. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

I hate this string. I just cut my 27lb NBG99 JP today to replace it with VS850. The string feels dead, not as repulsive as BG66UM, and is very much outshined by BG66UM around the net area. The only positive thing I can say about the string is the nice, lower "thud" sound when you hit the sweetspot with your smash. Disappointing string.

12. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    What tension did you have your NBG99 at?

13. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I like my NBG99 a lot! Have it strung on my N90 at 26lbs and AT700PR at 27lbs... I really like the control I get... The power is not as strong as my other N90 strung with BG80P but it's much more precise...

14. someone

someone Regular Member

It is quite long time since this string have been tested now.
    Is there any conclusion about tension retention, playability loss over time and durability now?

I'm interested in this string since i hardly break a string but i may have to cut 66um frequently due to performance loss over time of 66um is not quite acceptable for me. If this string's feeling is close to 66um and hold tension better, i should give it a try....@24lbs.

15. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

It holds tension really well... It really moves around on me. I've played with it over the last 3 weeks... I personally like it a lot more than the BG66UM...

16. decoy

decoy Regular Member

@woozy so from your experience you said that the nbg99 holds tension and doesn't have that dead feel that bg66um gets? I used my z force that's been in my bag for a while until tonight. Whenever I hit the shuttle the strings were moving around and feltnreally dead.

17. istring4you

istring4you Regular Member

After 3 months of 3-4hours avg per week @30LB on MX80 used by a heavy bomber, there are no signs of fraying and tension retention is merely ~1LB loss (MX80 may be a factor). Though feel degradation is starting to weigh in, it is considered very normal after such usage. I agree with the medium - soft feel shown by Yonex Japan chart but can't really agree on the durability of only 7. It should be at least 8 in my opinion. Definitely more durable than NBG98.

18. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

It moves around but not to the level of BG66UM... But then again I switched stringer from when I had my VT80 with BG66UM. And definitely no dead feeling on my N90 and AT700PR with NBG99 on them. Just really sharp and really accurate each and every time.

I try to keep a rotation on which rackets to use... I try to give each and every racket a workout every session :p Maybe that's why the strings still feels good :)

19. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Got 5 packs of these recently and put them on some of my rackets, must say I hated these strings... I was using BG66 Maxima on my N80 before the strings snapped, so strung up the racket with the 99's and when I played with it, the racket feels dead... I tried it also on my F9 and it also feels dead... Maybe it's because I'm playing with plastics today, will be playing with my feather group tomorrow, so will see how they perform with feather birdies... But with what I experienced today it was totally unexpected... If this continues guess I'll need to cut and restring :(

20. apachesun

apachesun Regular Member

Student
    its dead because ur tension too LOW , usually for thick string u should string the tension higher to improve the performances. I did 29 lbs with nbg 99, its performs as well as bg 66um
    BUT , the vibration make ur elbow feel pains

#100 apachesun, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012