Is getting a VT7 as a backup for ARC10 a good idea??

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Jenni00, May 24, 2012.

1. Jenni00

Jenni00 Regular Member

Photographer
    So how does the VT7 compare to ARC10? A friend said it would make a great backup racket instead of the old Cab 8 i am using rite now :p Is the VT7 very head heavy or is it near the level of my ARC10, anyone know the balance point for the racket.

My question is if VT7 really a good backup for the ARC10 which i play with everyday and am more than scared will break due to clashes or ground impacts hence this thread.

The locally shop has both the 2011 and the 2012 models but the 2011 model is red which will go well with my ARC10. In terms of features both 2012 and 2011 are pretty much the same only other than the addition of "Control Support Cap"

2. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    The best backup for an ARC10 would be... An ARC10. Although if you only play socially and not in league matches/tournaments you may not be too worried.

VT7 is more head heavy and all around a bit different, more designed for harder hitting. Better for smashing perhaps if you can handle/ like head heavy rackets. Maybe someone who owns both can chime in. No idea how the ARC10 and Cab 8 compare, no easily available cab 8's in the UK to try.

At the end of the day the only person who will know is you. Using a different racket if strings snap doesn't work too well for me, so I own multiple ARC 8DX's. But this isn't as exciting as having a mixture of rackets :p

3. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    Reccomend an ARC 10 premium. The dark side

4. Jenni00

Jenni00 Regular Member

Photographer
    Another ARC10 seems too much of an expense to me, the idea is to use the backup racquet sometimes in doubles since i fear clashes with my ARC10.

From what i have heard and read the VT7 is not seem to be very head heavy compared to AT900 because of the lower overall weight.

5. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    try Victor Bravesword 10? it should be similar even though BS10 would be a little bit faster

6. Jenni00

Jenni00 Regular Member

Photographer
    Great idea i have played with a Bravesword before also not sure which one tough, will go ask the shopkeeper day after. My Cab 8 is too old to play right now anyways :p

7. Jenni00

Jenni00 Regular Member

Photographer
    Tried a VT7 today well its not a good fit for someone who has a ARC10. The racket seems to lack in not only control but also power which is weird since it was suppose to be a head heavy racket...

Now will try YONEX ISO Z and BS10 "If i find it" in a few days.