Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. varisz

varisz Regular Member

Hustler
    hey, whats the maximum string tension for n90 ? whats the highest number you have ever went for? cheers

2. BMNT-Nation

BMNT-Nation Regular Member

Li-Ning Badminton USA Exclusive Distributor
    By Spec its Main: 24-28lbs, Cross: 26-30lbs. But I have strung it at 32/32lbs with no issues.

3. varisz

varisz Regular Member

Hustler
    wow 32/32 haha nice. so it should be totally fine if i string mine at lets say 26lbs or 27lbs? It shouldnt break ?

4. BMNT-Nation

BMNT-Nation Regular Member

Li-Ning Badminton USA Exclusive Distributor
    That's well within the limits. You'll be fine.

5. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    33x35lbs~ next time will be 34x34 :)

6. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Finally I got a N55 (old series)! Its looks is nice. Finally a red racket (next to blue, white, yellow)! Finally a Li-Ning :D

But who else thinks N55 is kinda flexible?:confused: It's stated as "stiff". But it's not that stiff as Arc10 or BS LYD.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. I thought it was medium? That's what most shops and Li Ning say :) The only stiff N rackets are the N90, N90II, N55-II afaik. Although I'll find out about the N55-II soon :)

8. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

According to this, N55-II is medium too... http://badminton-nation.com/li-ning-flame-n55-ii-aype108/ :confused:

9. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

You're right. Lol, I've had it wrong in my mind then.
    Whatever... Probably it's going to be my smash-racket for doubles and for "tired-and-or-lazy"-singles :p

It performs well in terms speed and power. It's also very good for defensive play because it's maneuverable. But it's a little bit bouncy due its medium stiffness -> lacks in control at net play

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm in net play that's the string or the head heavy balance. The racket stiffness has no real influence there as the movements are too short and slow to bend the shaft. It could lack some control in drives and pushes though, those are affected very much by the stiffness :)

11. dream01

dream01 Regular Member

how abaout n50 1st gen,ok?

12. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

head heavy

N90GF>N90II>N90>N90S-type

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Nah, the N90 is head heavier than the N90II...

14. varisz

varisz Regular Member

Hustler
    Another question guys.

Which string should I choose for my n90? I can't decide between bg66 ultimax strung at 27lbs (which I have had on my voltric 80) or bg80 strung at 27lbs also (played with this string back in the day) strung at 27lbs also.

I am pretty good player, love heavy, heavy smashes although I'm very good at the net.
    I know, i know, use the string that I like the best, but I really don't know which one is the one. I recently read an article about how thinner strings strung at higher tension might damage the racket and it made me quite curious about which string to choose as I don't want my lovely n90 to break. I feel like it's one of those rare rackets that you want to have in perfect shape for years to come, I haven't played with it yet, but it feels extraordinary when I'm holding it.

Can you help me out with this, have you experienced any problems?
    Oh and just out of curiosity, has anyone strung n90 at 24lbs? How does it feel at low tensions? I have heard that it performs much better when it is strung at higher tension

P.S. the racket will be strung by the guys at direct badminton as I had good experience with them when they strung my voltric 80 with nanogy 98 at 27lbs.
    Sorry for the long post. Cheers

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm it's been a while since I played with the BG66UM, but I remember it being quite soft and not very rough, so the BG80 would be my preferred choice for the N90. The super rough surface gives a much more controlled feeling at the net and on sliced shots, and the repulsion is still good (even if much below the 66UM). It's also the hardest string with the most solid feeling I know, and that's perfect on the N90.
    The thing with Li Ning rackets is not that they're much better at high tensions, but that they somehow seem to lessen the vibration and shock that usually come with high tensions much better than most other rackets. They're also pretty heavy and head heavy through the bench so that helps reducing impact shock as well. The N series is the most stable racket series I've ever strung, taking anything up to 33lbs without complaint so far. I've had some gruesome clashes with 2 of them already and they're still in top condition, even though the paint and protective layer are gone in a few places....
    I don't think the 66UM@27 is thin enough to damage the N90 at that tension, btw.

16. varisz

varisz Regular Member

Hustler
    cheers brother, that really helped me, I think I am going to go for bg80 even though I havent played with it for a while, should be interesting.

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Glad to hear that. If you do decide on the BG80, give it some time to get used to it again - it can be quite hard to adjust to a string so different from your usual choice. And let us know about your experience with it :)

18. varisz

varisz Regular Member

Hustler
    Yea I definitely will. Thanks man, appreciated :)

19. bmtfreak123

bmtfreak123 Regular Member

Student
    Li Ning Windstorm 680

Have anyone of you tried this racket or other rackets with this same super lite series? Please share your experience.

20. varisz

varisz Regular Member

Hustler
    Wassup gangsta, haha so i finaly got my n90 strung. the string i used this time is bg65 ti at 26/27 lbs and the racket feels so ****ing amazing its awesome, i cant believe how hard my smashes are, i feel like junior lin dan and you were right about reduced vibrations, you don't feel anything, not in a bad way, i get shitloads of feel at the net but when i do smashes or clears it just feels so easy and nice. The racket is amazing, not sure about people bitchin about it being slow, hard to manouver and so on, i played doubles with it and it felt pretty quick let alone in singles. I am also not sure how some people can't play with this racket, they must be pussies with no muscles. I am avarage dude, go to gym a few times a week, play badminton quite a lot and for me the racket didnt feel so heavy that i cant play. my shoulder did get a bit tired after playing for about 10 hours over 2 day period, but thats fine, it's not like i cant play. So yea, overall the racket kicks ass, its super sick. :)