Rexy cracks whip

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by george@chongwei, Jan 2, 2008.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

But u can't deny that pressure got to him in Asian Games Final 2006, when he HAS already WON the AE and WC (September 2006) and demolished Taufik Hidayat twice in one week :rolleyes: Yet, Taufik prevailed in the third and possibly the one that ppl would think about :cool:

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Hi guys, I think we moving off track a bit;)

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Thanks for pointing out but I meant the MS gold which LD lost to TH.;)

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic..and on topic-Adding another 5 sen rupiahs..

...IMO, if comparing the 3 scenarios, i would say the 2004 OG (in Athens) could be considered as the one where LD crumbled under "pressure". But even then, looking back @ the 2004 OG, some would say it was more of LD's inexperience or perhaps unpreparedness, more so than being pressured, that cost him the early exit. In 2005 WC, as i watched him play in the Final, i saw mostly an exhausted LD, rather than a "pressured" or "nervous" LD, playing against an in-form, motivated & fresh Taufik. As for the 2006 AG Final, for some reason LD just wasn't able to control the game/seemed not in the game until the 2nd half of the 2nd set. Also from my recollection and if i'm not mistaken, LD played 1 extra match during the whole AG tourney, in comparison to Taufik (which if i'm not mistaken only played 5 matches). But i feel fatigue was probably not a major factor in that match as LD was close to forcing a rubber set also; he could simply didn't play up to his standard, in other words he possibly didn't take the match seriously until later in the 2nd set(or perhaps it was Taufik who took the Final match seriously).
    Pressure for LD?? If anything, like X Ball wrote in the previous page, i feel Taufik would also feel the same type of "pressure" as LD in those 3 meetings. What with the fact that the country of INA was probably counting on him to deliver a medal, if not a Gold medal. If that wasn't pressure, wait til this yr, where basically the whole INA will be counting on him, again, to deliver a Gold medal.:cool:
    *Btw, i don't know if anyone noticed or not and correct me if i'm wrong, but looking at their head to head meetings, esp. in the Finals, Taufik has only lost once to LinDan (only lost was in 2006 Japan Open).
    ..hmm, i think badMania mentioned it in the last sentence of his post (in bold)..;)
    Back on topic:
    ..true..;)
    ..But after winning the 2006 AG, M'sian, All England & Swiss Opens, i don't think pressure was the factor in KKK's & TBH's struggle in the 2nd half of last yr. IMO, their lack of focus and attitude which somehow played important factors in their struggle.

#44 ctjcad, Jan 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

For a lad who has 22 World Grand Prix and 2 WC titles nicely tucked away in his cabinet, common sense will tell me that it was not pressure that caused LD to fail in the men's individual event in the last AG. I would put it down to no form than too much pressure.

Have a nice day.

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Spot on!!!

KKK/TBH after taking the AG gold and AE, suddenly were showered with praises, attention and were put on the usual Malaysia Boleh bandwagon. It got to their heads, Rexy was mad as he noticed a change in their training etc etc.

Like Hafiz, this is the typical Malaysian disease. Win one or some major titles, they go on a high and then they usually fall apart. The mentality of our sportspeople is weak. Once they win something big, they turn into some big time charlie. And coupled with our ever wishful thinking fans who never fail to molly cuddle whenever they fall apart by taking out that broken down violin and playing the usual "they are still young", "can try again next time", "they won AE and AG gold what" .... in the end what we will have is .... come Beijing, we will watch either the chinese, indonesian or even the Danish national athem being played.

#46 Pemuda, Jan 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Cracks Whip? or started to find himself a better excuses / reason to step down after the Olympic if none of the MAS pair able to deliver a single medal..
    Let the result speak. Rexy post in BAM is a HIGH PERFORMANCE COACH, NOT A HIGH PROFILE COACH

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Yes!!! If Malaysia fails to land that Olympic gold, hang the coach!! Its the coach's fault, never the shuttlers.

Just like LCW falling apart in the WC in KL, it was Yap Kim Hock's fault. Hang Yap Kim Hock for sitting too near the court. Pressure la.

Malaysia Boleh.

9. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    kekkekekekekekkekekekekekkekekekekekeke!

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    this post is really sarcastic n annoying.
    the issue of lcw's statement is over.he apologised.the statement is inappropriate.i hope we can learn to forgive lcw.

i promised to stay out of this.but who would able to read this sarcastic statement?

new year of 2008.BAM,coaches,players are getting more matured.why cant the fans?

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Whoops, my reply got deleted, stick to badminton then.

1) I meant I loyar buruk, you dont react. But you didnt get it & reacted, took the bait.;)

2) On KKK/TBH, yeah, yeah, you already repeated that many times.
    a) You would read the Utusan Msia article, the intv with Rexy abt "pressure" Rexy himself was OG champ, he would know better - he is their coach for 2 years ++, he would know them better too.
    Whether he's saying that to cover himself in case of failure or to protect them(as some BCer suggests), up to individual to decide

b) When I talk about pressure, mostly I'm thinking of TBH - it's very, very obvious it effects TBH, he has said so numerous times. + can see it in his face when he plays.
    TBH is now 2nd youngest member of Msia MD team (youngest is TWee Kiong, currently replacing CCM to partner Hoon).

He doesnt see all this attention as 'wah, I very great' but as 'Aiyooo, so much hope, very tension lah'. But, but, they are learning to cope with it, hopefully they can handle it come OG time.

In public, Rexy is harder on KKK, KKK being more senior & I think cos Rexy thinks KKK can handle it. TBH - if use the hard hitting style, he will crumble.

The pressure issue wise - earlier post I already gave example on Fu/Cai in 2004 OG. They flopped in their 1st OG 2004, they themselves said it's due to "still young, lack of maturity to handle it." And these are China players, supposed to have better mental strength than Msia players. China players have also won numerous major events.

I only mention MD example cos KKK/TBH are MD. And in the OG prediction thead, I also dont predict KKK/TBH to win gold in 2008 due to inexperience & lack of maturity - it's their 1st OG, just look at what happened to LD, Fu/Cai in 2004.

And the other factors have been covered the other BCers.

3) Sailing, equestrian, squash - just a short one, dont want to get deleted again. Read up the news reports yourself - squash dev funding got cut in 2008 - remember this is elit sports, one of the more succesful ones, also funding reduced. Sailing, an experienced 'sailor' got funding cut in 2007, he gave up the sport.

3) Football - your fav sport, you know better. Tennis, dunno, I dont follow Msia tennis news, that's why I asked.

4) Exactly, since Hafiz's not delivering, no point wasting time complaining abt him since he's under private club - unless you know Nusa Mahsuri's management & complain to them directly. I also listed KLRC players, they also less pressure, but they also not making waves, but KLRC still send them.

5) Of course rewards doesnt guarantee gold, nobody can. But it's one of the indications of how much the government appreciate our althetics in comparision to other countries in the region.
    SEA Games also Indonesia willing to give so much reward, OG dont know how much they going to give.

And yes, I know, you often bring up the "mentally weak" or "attitude" issue. Then again, how does our government appreciate the successful ones, the mentally stronger ones (monetary & non monetary) in comparision with other countries?
    Remember the Nicol David example.

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Very typical Malaysia Boleh type of response.

What is so sarcastic when it is a fact??

13. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    malaysians,have any idea of being a good ,matured n wise fan?
    on this discussion,how to make the rexy's statement as something useful to developed kkk/tbh?

n u guys,have we ever blamed the coach after the lost before?
    LCW did n he apologised.any other player did the same thing?
    i lived in this world for 18 years .n being a badminton fan 4-5 years ago.it is hardly seen Malaysians blamed the coaches.
    n after lcw's SIN last year,i think we have learned.why it should be an isuue to attack (i dont know who) now?

#53 koo_fan, Jan 7, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Dear Pemuda, to be fair, LCW did issue an apology. Anybody can have an emotional outburst and regret. At least he wasn't pigheaded enough to refuse to apologise. Let's not be too selective of the facts shall we;)?

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dear Cheung,

I think it is a fair statement to say that LCW was 'advised' by BAM to apologise to the head coach. But I agree to be fair, at least LCW was man enough to own up. Lets also look at things from a macro perspective, shall we? :)

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My dear,

You are all over the place. Not very consistent.

One minute you say "Msia players buckle under pressure part is about badminton players. That is of course assuming they already fullfill the other criterias : i.e. have the skills, work hard (X5), etc, etc. That also goes for other sports" and then you back tracked with "when I talk about pressure, mostly I'm thinking of TBH - it's very, very obvious it effects TBH, he has said so numerous times. + can see it in his face when he plays"

And you further shoot yourself in the leg by saying this "since Hafiz's not delivering, no point wasting time complaining abt him since he's under private club - unless you know Nusa Mahsuri's management & complain to them directly. I also listed KLRC players, they also less pressure, but they also not making waves, but KLRC still send them"

What happened to your argument; "too much pressure begets burden, too much burden ->failure. Failure -> lost of confidence -> more failure, becomes self fulfilling prophecy. There goes the vicious cycle".

One minute you say Malaysian players buckle under pressure then you back tracked and admitted you are refering to TBH only. You dont take one TBH's case and make the assumption. When Hafiz is pointed out to you, you brushed it away as a waste of time. What happened to your point that pressure caused Msian players to meltdown??

Let me remind you that Fu/Cai won that WC and has 8 Grand Prix titles.

And what has cash rewards gotta do with results?? Look at Denmark, they won that Olympic gold.

17. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    sis eaglehelang,i review ur posts n pemuda's posts.dont worry la kak,u WON.
    he used the same facts since 6 months ago.what can we do is just wait n see his 'latest' posts.

peace.

18. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Fu/Cai only won the WC after numerous attempt. :cool:
    At that time, they were experience enough.

19. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    we are talking about pressure.rite?
    as when REXY CRACKS WHIP,the pressure goes to kkk/tbh.(im back on topic i hope)
    how to handle those pressures is the question.
    as a die-hard fan,kkk is makes me proud.i dont know u guys,but for me,he is capable to be a player,an athlete.he handle the pressure now with a proper way.having an observer like pemuda who is very perceptive n can sense a minor mistake n sin,is a pressure too.(wonder how his wife will face that)ok.serious again.having this kind of fan is good for the our badminton generally.but for the players,they are a burden

see,the pressures are everywhere.n the way our players handle those pressure are different.
    kkk maybe can,but we cant hope the same thing for tbh.they are two different person.so,when we are not able to be consistent in our statement,it should be understandable.
    once we talk about All Badminton Players,being able to cope with the pressure is the sign they are a good player.
    n when we are being specific(as im a kkk fan,i'll put kkk/tbh as a subject)
    kkk seems more matured n let the game goes smoothly.n tbh still trapped in lackness of self-confidence n played while thinking what rexy,reporters,fans,audience think about his game.i dont know the truth but thats what he showed me.
    so can we assume kkk/tbh as a pair that can cope with pressure?kkk can n tbh cant.what is the solid answer?

for hafiz,this is a special case.let me tell u what he have in his journey as a badminton player.since 2002.shortly.
    good coach,financial support,discplined,good posture,inspiration,continous support etc etc
    tell me what he dont have?pressure is not the thing.its about something we would never know.
    even misbun is searching.
    we cant compare hafiz with tbh(specifically)

n to put cash rewards as a factor that lead to "mudah lupa's stuff",let me think...NO.
    reward them to appreciate them-the slogan is simple.dont question that.
    just to remeber,in a proper way.i understand the points that rewards are spoiling the players.thats a wrong concept of reward.we learned from the past.-thomas cup '92 malaysia team(i hope u can still remember what happen after the victory).dissapointing.

being firm is good,pemuda.just dont be too harsh.learn to look at something in a different way.u r not alone in this world.eaglehelang got her point.u too.
    stop twisting the words.

20. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yes totally agree with you, and now they are struggling (up one tournament down the next) ........if they are Malaysians, Pemuda would be hard on them too.:D