What happen to u top malaysian doubles???

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by koo_fan, May 20, 2007.

1. 4evercool

4evercool Regular Member

don't worry they will come back to prove that they are still the malaysia top pairs

2. aheng

aheng Regular Member

i guess the players themselve are more worry and stress than us regarding their own perfomance. cos they not only play for themself but also carry the huge expectation from us. we shld support them as long as they show their hungryness & desire to win.:):D

3. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

Yes agreed with u totally. It is not easy to be a performer. We should encourage them not criticise them and give them more pressure.

4. Shiro

Shiro Regular Member

Student
    I think it's kinda destined that they're not really shining right now...and showing a certain drop in their performances. They can't win and win all the time. Other pairs also need the opportunity to glow a bit...Malaysian men's doubles isn't all about them.

But, I'm sure they'll be back in their top form real soon!

5. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    I cant c the confidence on KKK's face anymore..he is different now!!he is confident with every smash n hit can get point when he plays in AE,DOHA n SO!!I hope he really can bounce back!!:rolleyes::eek:
    However,they are still young!!Giv them some time!!I think they will shine again like LCW did!!;)

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I notice that too in the last 2 tourneys...confidence is a fickle thing, if you have it, you are invincible, if you question yourself, you are screwed! As you said, they are young and have a great coach to guide them, hope they regain it back in time for WC, that is all that count beside OLY. Win OLY gold, I heard MAS player get RM3000/month for life.;)

7. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    Well, if the All England, Malaysia Open, Swiss Open, ABC, Asian Games are insignificant, then no, they have not won anything significant. :p And the ABC and Swiss Open are quite recent so I don't really know.

I think Rexy has done an amazing job with Malaysia's overall Mens Doubles, not just KKK/TBH. THREE different pairs reaching three different finals and some semi-finals (Unlike China, in which only Fu/Cai can be counted as China's only chance of winning MD) is quite remarkable.

8. Felicia_txh

Student
    Wow..RM3000!!:eek:so much!!only the top players o every player??:rolleyes::confused:
    tat's y those who din win any tournament can survive!!

9. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    hahaha....u can still remember the scenes in Judge Dread? Stallone seems like a brutal person in that movie............IM THE LAW !!! :D:D:D:D:D

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    It has been published quite a while back...Cheah Soon Kit and Yap Kim Hock won silver in OLY and no reward was given at that time...but when BAM announced the RM1500 for silver and RM3000 for gold, BAM approved paying CSK/YKH each of them RM1500 per month for life...hope someone in MAS can confirm that...Singapore is paying their athlete for winning OLY gold something like S$1million or less , I am not sure of the amount.
    Just check into how many MAS players has ever win badminton medals other than Sidek brothers (bronze in MD) and YKH/CSK, when you consider badminton is a hugely popular sport in MAS and MAS is recognized as the top 5 badminton nation in the world, has produced lots of good players and still has not win a single MS medal of any color.
    Unless OLY limit players from CHN participating, INA hopes are fading with TH aging..ditto for DEN, KOR no MS treat, and if LCW plays the way he played in IO07, then yeah LCW may have a chance for medalling...but it is not easy. MAS MD with so many good pairs has a very shot of medalling in OLY08, even the possibility of gold and MAS young MD players should peak in 08 and has a very good chance. Felicia, RM3000 may seems like a lot, but it is not easy to win OLY gold.

11. Felicia_txh

Student
    Ya..they fight so hard to get the gold medal!!They deserve for the reward!!:)

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Just take a look at the 92 TC Heroes. They got alot.But what happen? Kaki botol,kaki perempuan,bankcruptcy etc...

13. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    fOR ANY PLAYERS?

14. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    To be exact,players get allowance for rankings,allowance for practises,monthly salary and incentives for any tournament title.
    Malaysia spoilt them,maybe.
    Reconsider our 'hospitality' to the players.
    we are not as rich as man u,so better dont give them what man u gave rooney.

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Errrr, the private club KLRC pays more than BAM (compare LCW's RM3,000 to KLRC's reported RM5,000). Quaterly ranking allowance only for those who make the criteria, & of course bonus for winning titles only if they win. KLRC also plays such incentive for winning titles.

Back-up players only get RM500/mth from NSC, accomodation free if at hostel. So do senior players since 2007. And as already discussed bf, if they're not top players......

16. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    RM500 per month? Then they better go to work as factory worker.Or rubber tapper, general clerk,despatch boys etc,...make more money.

Imagine RM500.00 how many litres of petrol they can pump at the station?:D

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Take bus or MRT, LRT, loh. And ya lah, Melaka clerk & pump attendant also earn more than RM500, standard of living 20% lower than KL:D:p

That's why got discussion in MJ thread abt back up players who do part time work during weekends. Rashid Sidek said to press he's trying to get it increased to RM1,000/mth. If they dont get to QF in GP Gold, no distribution of cash $$$, if they dont get past qualifiers in SS, nothing too.

Senior squad players I think get a bit more, NSC give RM500, BAM top up a bit but at least the seniors get to go SS more.

In a sense, I wasnt surprised that some of BAM WD went over to KLRC, the reported starting salary is RM2,000/mth (KLRC of course will never comment on such issues, this one the reporters go & dig here & there).

Bf Rexy & Jeremy Gan started XD dept, future for WD players seemed bleak, cant go far in tourneys, maybe once in 2 years get to go Uber, that's it.

#37 eaglehelang, Jun 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  18. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    No wonder HH also a part-timer...:D:D

19. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

does not look rosy inside there... is it.

20. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    We hv Petronas but Man Utd dont hv. Suppose we r richer than Man Utd..:D

When we can give out RM94MILLION to sent ppl to the space program, why dont we take good cares of the players welfare, as well as their wages and incentives?