Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. maxout

maxout Regular Member

If he is carrying an injury or not fully recovered and continues to play ... there is NO PITY for BEING STUPID to take such risks !!

Then he is not only a PUPPET, he is a STUPID PUPPET !! :eek:

As for admiting that you lost to a better player ON THAT DAY (you miss this key part, so I bold for you), it is called GENTLEMANLY CONDUCT and SPORTSMANSHIP .... have you heard of them ? Making excuses without acknowledging that you lost to a better player ON THAT DAY is called a SORE LOSER ...

I bet you are one of those people who will not congratulate and praise an opponent for executing a perfect smash that makes you look like a novice to win the game against you ... if you are, then I have nothing more to say ...

#9041 maxout, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  2. Oceanwave

Oceanwave Regular Member

What you said do make sense, and more rational response are always welcome.

On the surface, what you stated is true. Players and federations they belong to can make some choices. But the fact is, when more players to do so, SS will lose some attraction as less top players will attend each event. From BWF point of view, this is a no no. Their priority is to expand the sport and commercialize it as much as possible, eying the success of tennis.

So, they loaded dice so to speak. "$5000 fine": it's a lot for some top players without big sponsor or rich federation. so, these players tends to play SSP even when they do carries some injuries. "SS and SSP are big and important events for top players": by making so many "big" tournaments, here comes sponsor pressure. It's not easy to get sponsor even for some top players, and many sponsorship requires almost full participation on all major event including all SS baring major injuries. Again, so many major tournaments where sponsors feel like it's their chance to get brand exposure will likely put heavy pressure on player to participate regardless of their condition. I can list quite a few more, but it seems hardly necessary. I stated it before and i will say it again, BWF schedule is one of the reason for so many injuries we see lately, big or small.

I'm glad you mentioned LD. Don't you think his sucess has a little to do with the fact that he seems to be able to pick and choose events? Say what you will about CBA, but they do pick and choose tournament their players to play in so players peak their conditions at world titles and team event. It is an unique situation because How CBA is run, it's funding source, and its close relation to its major sponsor Lining allowed them to do so. As i stated in another post, i think many top players from other countries would love that kind of support from their federation and sponsors.

Don't lot of people, even people from this forum stated that, of course LD may be more successful, but look at LCW. He shows up at all SS events and some GPG, he's winning so many of them, so he's much more consistent? fans, sponsors, media want to see their players at event big event. with the new SS system, suddenly there are 10 or so event more than before where fans want to see you, sponsors contract you not to skip, BWF posing big fines if you skip some of them ... Soft and hard pressure, like I said, the dice is loaded.

Perhaps my post shouldn't be here as i'm concerned about player injuries and fatigue in general rather than LCW's case. and I do think player need to adopt and plan smarter too. But as badminton is in a hurry to full commercialization, I'm afraid many its players will become victims with shortened carrers with major injuries, or never reach their full potential because the are constantly not at their best, and just keep moving from tournament to tournament.

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    LD, LCW, TH, PG, CY and FHF are not young anymore. They have been competing at the top for a very very long time. We, as fans, of course love them. But the truth of the matter is, if they don't retire, young players can't rise to the top.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LCW cannot say that, he will be heavily critised. His main reason is injury, which as seem here he is also critised. Happen before,the criticism was how come after lost only say injury,just excuse. The heaviest critic was none other than the then sports minister. Then, when say before tournament, criticism was how come announce before match, then opponent will take opportunity. So, no matter what reason LCW gives, he will be critised. If he did not participate, also will be critisedas chicken out, have to pay such heavy fine, waste money, etc etc.

How can he say lost to better player when its Du PY, lol. It will be unacceptable excuse. You are Msian, should know what the powers that be will say.

#9044 eaglehelang, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  5. eaglehelang

Tennis is not the only racket sport that has many tournaments per year. Squash also do, every month there is tournament, sometimes 3 weeks in a row. Their top players also participate in almost every tournament .

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I pity him as he is top badminton player in the world tolerating so much criticism despite suffering from knee injury along with his wedding schedule, he participated this tournament which proved his loyalty towards badminton and his dedication is determined.:) There is a proverb in one of my local language.. " People will throw stones only over the trees which has fruits " :).. He is full of fruits:).. No need to worry about such a silly comments from people who simply sitting and watching and throwing words against players:rolleyes:. Though am not malaysian, i feel sorry for him. Lots of criticism comes from even from his own country.. Very bad :(...

7. freakout89

freakout89 Regular Member

Once you're famous, you are ought to receive criticisms for your every actions

8. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Yes, I will also stop talking about BAM and Malaysian players - too much heartache and "negativity" for and from me .... must learn to be like Scorpion1, either BLIND SUPPORT .... or just IGNORE and BE IGNORANT ... I think I prefer the latter ...

Malaysian badminton = sakit hati .... :( whenever I think and talk about it ...

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

Friend, i dont have anything against you :) ... I just supported LCW for his great achievement which are needed to be praised.:). I never support unnecessarily for a particular person and particular country.. But i support this guy who is definitely a great person :). Personally, you may also know that.. Once again i wanna mention. I dont have anything against you... Cheers..:)

Note: By the by, what is SAKIT HATI ???? Ouch...!!!

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    You are only a fan and you have so much heart ache already,

just imagine what those players and coaches have to go through :p

I for one have gone through this as a coach for state development

up till malaysian games or sukma level.

Hair will turn grey and start falling kind of experience.

Please imagine that :D

11. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Beside PR of C, which countries/BAs, if any, have these kind of... luxury? :confused:

12. eaglehelang

Sakit Hati in malay means heart ache or heart hurts

13. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

1 word. . . . frustration or dissappointed

14. faridzuan

faridzuan Regular Member

student
    take a vacant datuk till the end of this year..n make a great come back on next year..

15. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I do hope he will make a great come back form injury

16. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

LCW has made his choice, to became the player that being consistent and support the badminton by attending nearly every single tournament held by BWF. either it's his own choice or due to responsibility to the BAM or sponsors, he has his own path already. same with him, LD also has made his choice, to take a break and holiday when he feels he need some, and competing when it's a must. so what's wrong with players have their own choice? afterall, it's his own money he will use to pay the fines, nothing to do with your money even a cent. :D

for me, LCW and LD are great players. but if LCW is 'dare to be champion', then LD is 'dare to be different'. simple, isn't it? ;)

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Its a worriying sign that LCW seems to be plagued by injuries and seems to have so many priorities these days apart from his badminton focus. When LD is away from the scene.. This SSF should really have been the opportuinity for LCW to shine and crush his opponents, and focus on stepping upp his game possibly even one notch higher to go get those titles that LD stole from him earlier!!

I am really dissapointed that LCW didn't manage to stay injury-free and in form for this SSF. It worryies me that guys lik CL and possibly even PYD, WZM is getting closer and closer to his level, starts breathing his neck, and may reach him or surpass him, if he slacks off.. I really want LCW to start a run at getting those missed medals!!

I want him to focus on his badminton, not his wedding, bwf and his sponsors etc :)

18. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

stole? you make LD looks like criminal. :D

19. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    LD is the medal-thief ;-) he he

20. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

hahaha. :D

but seriously speaking, it was LCW who trying to 'steal' the medal, wasn't it? LD, on the other hand, just trying to defend his. ;)