Play badminton in HCMC VIETNAM

Discussion in 'Vietnam' started by tifam, Mar 21, 2005.

1. hieupt

hieupt Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Absolutely! Text me once you are in Vietnam...

2. AmourAce1000

AmourAce1000 Regular Member

marketing
    Already...... waiting for your call.......

3. pnvinh90

pnvinh90 Regular Member

student
    what time until what time for the phu tho club?

4. luxinh

luxinh Regular Member

a trip to HCMC

Will be in HCMC during July 11-14, staying in Rex Hotel. Anyone could help to introduce a place or friends for playing badminton?

5. kulcha

kulcha Regular Member

Hi guys,

There used to be a badminton shop at Le Quy Don street called Dai Hung, opposite Indochine apartment. Any idea where they shifted to?

Many thanks.

6. cachon

cachon New Member

cnc tech
    It moved to
    432 Ly Thai To Ward 10 District 10
    Tel: 0908592910

7. anaconda5722

anaconda5722 New Member

Hi there,

I m malaysian (female) just come to HCMC staying in D3. I am looking for badminton to play around weekday time. any team accept female players. ^.^ .. would like to ask anyone know any cheap n nice badminton shop nearby D3 too .. Thanks

8. skycrawler

skycrawler New Member

Playing Badminton in HCMC

Hello,
    I recently moved to HCMC and interested in playing badminton. I am average to a notch above average and looking forward to joining a group that plays on a regular basis. Anywhere close to District 1 is best. Can someone guide me to clubs or groups I can contact.

Many thanks

9. skycrawler

skycrawler New Member

Hi there,
    I see you were looking for playing badminton in hcmc. Did you get any leads?

10. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Dear anaconda5722

There is a Malaysian badminton club at Madam Curie School, Le Quy Don Street. Some girls from Petronas play there. Play Tuesday/Thursday evenings 7.00pm onwards. Maybe you can approach Mr. CK Teoh the badminton organisor whether you can join it. They are a friendly lot mostly Malaysian expats.

About cheap and nice badminton shops, most are in D1. Try the sport shops opposite New World Hotel near Ben Thanh market or the street behind the Ex Presidential Palace. You can get what you want there..... rackets, shoes, socks, wrist bands, bags,
    t shirts, shorts, shuttlecocks, nets..... you name it they have it. I used to buy everything there. 15 sport shops in a row.

If you need any help, see some of the postings here in the forum for assistance. Cheers

Permanis

11. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Hi Skycrawler,

I can't see a badminton court in District 1 other than the Madam Curie School in Le Quy Don Road which District 3. Maybe you should get in touch with those who has posted in the forum and welcome ppl (Mr. Hieupt has been very helpful in this forum) who might be able to arrange a game at their courts.

However it would be your interest to first see the playing standard meet your requirements or vice versa.Otherwise if standard too different , both parties won't enjoy the game. As you say you are average and above average, it's a matter of finding players of the same standard. Good luck.

Permanis

Permanis

12. tranceaddict

tranceaddict Regular Member

Hi!
    I am planning to visit Vietnam for the month of August. My parents told me i will be staying in District 5 with my aunt. I'm 21 years old and my younger brother is 16. We both are not good (I've been playing recreational for about 6 years and my brother less than 2) but we would like to experience it here in Vietnam. Any Recommendation or suggested place we can play some friendly (and maybe a little competitive games?) . [I also hope its not hard to get around there area]

Thank you
    Sonny Le

13. tranceaddict

Does anyone also know of a fitness/weight training gym close by a badminton club? I think i will be eating a lot and gaining weight here :p

Also, I am highly thinking about getting Trained/Coached here. If anyone has some information; please let me know.

14. tranceaddict

Bump. Anyone in Vietnam?

15. arkherps

arkherps Regular Member

Hi All,
    I will be in HCMC the last half of November and was hoping to play at least a little badminton while I'm in town. I'm a little above average player when my knees hold-up. We will be staying in different parts of the city thoughout the trip so I don't mind traveling half hour or so to get in a few hours of play. Any court ideas would be helpful.
    THANK YOU!

16. Super_Lee89

Super_Lee89 Regular Member

You can participate in with my company's club at FOSUP Court in Tan Binh District near 7th military region's staidum, we play weekly in Saturday from 2-5h PM.

17. arkherps

arkherps Regular Member

That might work out great. The one Saturday that I am sure we will be in HCMC, Nov.20, we will be staying near Dam Sen Park which does not look to be too far from Tan Binh District. Do you have an address or directions for the courts?

thank you
    Tim

18. Willy0275

Willy0275 Regular Member

Programmer
    Hello folks,

Well, like most people here, I'm looking for a place to play badminton on a regular basic (if possible). I will be in Ho Chi Minh for a couple of months, until march, and I work from home so I'm quite fexible with my schedule. I also know a few motorbikes drivers who can pretty much bring me anywhere in town. I still don't have badminton equipment (I didn't bring those from Canada) but I'll buy some if I can find a place to play. Is there still a badminton group playing in District 10 on saturday mornings? I'd say my level of play is in the high range of intermediate, but it's all relative isnt it? I need to sweat a bit or I'll get fat with all the good food here in Vietnam!

19. Super_Lee89

Super_Lee89 Regular Member

The address is 64/24 Pho Quang Street, Ward 6, Tan Binh District

20. arkherps

arkherps Regular Member

Thanks Super_Lee89,
    We will try to add some badminton to our already long " must do" list.
    Can you recommend a place to get a couple of rackets restrung or do you know the going rate in HCM for a string job if I bring my own string?

tim