Dinker Dan's Over Grip Review

Discussion in 'Grip' started by DinkAlot, Dec 3, 2005.

1. dan ursu

dan ursu New Member

doctor
    My son loves badminton.He is a beginer and trains 5 evenings/week.He is 10yrs old and i try hard to help him out with informations.Unfortunately my english is not accurate so i might not understand technic words to explain them to him. So i am lookink for VIDEO DEMONSTRATIONS and GRAPHIC PRESENTATIONS of training setions.Please point me in the right direction,sites etc. Dan

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Toalson Volcanic?

Came across a new one called Toalson Volcanic today. Hard to describe, but it resembles a Karakal Peachy with a thin stripe of foam running through it to gave a wavy texture when wrapped. I put one on my racket and it gives LOADS of traction perpendicular to the fist. Had to strip my handle right down to the timber to get the same grip size I had earlier (and put some lead tape underneath to get the balance back to 290), but the foam gives enough cushioning to hide the wood.

Full testing tomorrow afternoon with the addtion of powder, but it was VERY cheap (£1.45 + VAT) and I'm optimistic.

3. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

after more Thorough testing of yonex super grap a440 vs wilson pro over grip, I can say for certain they are not the same. They are very similar at application but durability of the yonex is significantly worse, just as I remembered. Ive used wilson pro for about a year now and its gauranteed longer lasting than yonex. It also wears down evenly. I can usually use them long after theyre worn in, but not worn out.

In other news I spotted some yonex pu grips! Dink looks like you got more PU grips to test!

4. Jurethatsme

Jurethatsme Regular Member

microbiologist
    Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a51d0263ce178baf8066db0503cf4f2cb878de785cc0f59e

and http://www.badmintoncentral.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36499

5. Jurethatsme

Jurethatsme Regular Member

microbiologist
    ...and of course, thanks to the guys who uploaded these videos... and sorry to interupt this thread!

6. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    Lovely. I was just wondering but inside all of these types of grips, does the color have much effect?

7. LADYHAWKE

LADYHAWKE Regular Member

Junior Writer
    What's the difference of Prince MicroTac and MaxTac?

8. changhuei

changhuei Regular Member

Student
    I don't think the colors would have any special effect on the grip because it is manufactured the exact same way anyway. Have been using the YY 102EX, a few different colors now and they all feel the same. Hope this helps. =D

9. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    That's what I thought too but the white one seems to work the best for me. It gets dirty fast but while being compared to the Dark blue 102EX grips. The same principles go for strings too. The white ones are the best qualities over the same type of any other color strings. Even the non-Yonex ones too.

10. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

there is the issue of dyes used in the grips. And if you still don't believe me, go pick up a 12 pack of Wilson Xtra Tack. then compare the Green ones with the pink ones. trust me, its a world of difference.

#510 jymbalaya, May 17, 2009
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
  11. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, that's what I thought. Yonex and many other brands have a difference too. Alpha grips are the most obvious, I think.

12. changhuei

changhuei Regular Member

Student
    Hmm. It's probably because I tend to change my grips every 4 weeks as i like to use light colored ones. Especially Yellow and Red. xD.. ALl the grips last about 3-4 weeks for me before i need to change them because they start to slip off my hands and making a higher chance of mishits.

13. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

Until this year wilson did not make their pro-grip in colors. Reason was because it didnt perform the same. I havent tested the colors, but logically thinking if the manufacturers could make colors with the same performance, they would've done it a long time ago. I know for a fact it affects performance characteristics, and yes same with strings.

14. changhuei

changhuei Regular Member

Student
    Yes. Agreed that for a fact that string colours make a difference in performance and durability as well. Colored strings tend to break faster for me for some odd reason. xD. Hence, I've been sticking to only White Color for the past few years.=D... Will do another test run on grips. This time will use till it's totally worn out before changing. =D. Will post the results when i get them. Just got my coloured grips today.

PS:- Anyone know where i can buy Gamma Supreme grips in Perth?

15. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    I think this has to do with the dye's long term effect on the string's quality.

16. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

I tried out the Yang Yang Super PU recently and I was very pleased with it. It is a softer replacement grip like the APACS (vs. the Karakal which is less cushy). After using it a half dozen times I'd say that it's as good as the APACS which is very high praise indeed.

17. dawei94

dawei94 Regular Member

Student
    Was the tutorial ever made?

18. dawei94

dawei94 Regular Member

Student
    How do klip kobra and volkl super grip II compare with yonex supergrap

19. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

If I had a racket handle that was too small for my hands, could I put a replacement grip on top of the original grip as an over grip? How would I do that? The same way as I would if it were a replacement grip? I am sorry but I do not know much about grips. That is the difference between the two? I am guessing an overgrip is not as thick so that it does not increase the grip size too much? I am not too sure, correct me if I am wrong.

20. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

Replacement grip is normally thicker than overgrip.
    It has no problem to put additional layer of any as long as you are comfortable with it.