LCW - going downhill?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by bananakid, Sep 24, 2009.

1. ijnek

ijnek Regular Member

engineer
    i think power ranger more powerful...cos they got big big robots...LoL...

seriously, 1 has to salute LCW for his fighting spirit.
    to continue fighting carryin an injury, that's something else.
    look at the scoreline, it's NOT just a "i stand there n let u score" attitude...

but BAM should let the youngsters come out and play more....even if it means losing...otherwise what to do when LCW retires...

2. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

firstly datuk lee was never top-of-the-hill, so impossible for him to go downhill technically. this guy is quite smart and had already made plans for life after badminton. for sure he knows this is the maximum limit he can go which is top 3 in South East Asia (others being Taufik H and Sony DK) therefore he is maximizing his money by participating in as many tournaments possible and sub-servient to all his sponsors wishes.
    this is like squeezing hardest at the old cow's tits b4 she dies.

datuk lee had already established a pda chain store & notebook shops.
    even though he can never be anybody significant in history of badminton, at least he won't go hungry and pauperish like kok keong, yoke meng, rashid, etc.

3. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

gee... how clever LCW is...

1. he suddenly remember that he got an injury 3 years ago..., but interesting enough that this did not affect him for the past 3 years until recently...;

2. Yonex must be mad... because people would imagine how evil Yonex is by forcing LCW to please them at the risk of ending his career by playing with injury for 3 years... what a good advertisement for LiNing!!!

3. and what is LCW try to give for Yonex to cheer about?? injury....

4. he could treat the injury prior to SEA games inspite it could not be cured in 3 years...

at least there is one thing to cheer about, he finally recognize the basics of sports players: the importance of stay free of injury...

4. N4ruto

N4ruto Regular Member

Engineer
    This is my conspiracy theory. I think illegal sports betting are creeping into badminton today. I suspect that the Msian players are in the thick of this especially Dato and KKK/TBH. They are earning big bucks. Look at their cars!!

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha
    well,lcw earn nearly million one year if i am correct.why not?:cool:
    kkk/tbh?
    i do think they are millionaire too;);)

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i dont think so
    old member can still find some entertainment here:p

7. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Hey, you must be reading my posts cos you reason like me:p:DLCW has at most 2 years to play top badminton, might as well play in as many tournaments as possible, if win there is US$20K (equals to lots of ringgit, kaching at the bank) and maintain/boost WR ranking (means RM45K bonus every 3 month), if lose did not cost him anything, free flight paid by BAM and tax-payers;), and get to go shopping and blame on Yonex:crying:....Datuk's business venture capital came from badminton then might as well play until the 'cow's tits dry out and no milk left':p:DIt is quite cruel to milk the cow's tits till it dies, you know:D:p
    You are right that Datuk already plans life after baddy...it is fans who are caught up in all the furor, as though if Datuk wins, he shares his loot with his fans;)...if not for Datuk's success in badminton as a MAS celebrity, millionaire, businessman, Datuk, bimmer, house, would a high flying waitress landed on him and bump out Miss Wong...well, well, food for thought?;)

8. N4ruto

N4ruto Regular Member

Engineer
    The winnings and the sports grants are peanuts. By either throwing some games or winning in 3 set against weaker players, he can make a killing for the bookies. Check out the illiegal sport bets sites, and you will know what I mean. In fact, if he keep his performance from now until a year or 2, he gonna retire filthy rich. Furthermore, he can go Hong Kong and enjoy 5 star treatment courtesy of Pendek Chang.....:)

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    u can check his income tax then:cool:

10. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I think Datuk played his best against LD and SS, but lost...not a conspiracy theory as you are alluding to....Datuk could have concede a WO to SS instead.....now, I did not know there is interest in illegal betting in badminton...hmmm;)

11. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Exactly. I took your advice(well, it was for Cooler), and created this thread for all our entertainment.;)

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    everyone have their belief:cool:
    so i am ok if n4ruto have different opinion:cool:
    anyway,i dont think lcw will do so;)

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    then dont hide urself
    haha
    anyway,i think i will stop here until i saw something interest:p

14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Advise you to 'stop here' hit the books and study hard...bad enough that TCS play 7 years and go nowhere...you hug the computer posting away averaging 535 posts per month and will go nowhere too..:p:D

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LCW should take more rest

This is true, isn't it? LCW should take more rest.

LCW has scored such a big difference in the WR points compared to the others.
    It is time for him to compete in fewer tournaments.

Just look at the BWF WR positions (released yesterday, 24-Sep-2009):
    #1 Lee Chong Wei (MAS) ........... 80,371.06 points
    #2 Lin Dan (CHN) ...................... 69,944.58 points
    #3 Chen Jin (CHN) .................... 66,620.00 points
    #4 Peter Gade (DEN) ................. 66,195.18 points
    #5 Taufik Hidayat (INA) .............. 63,680.00 points
    #6 Park Sung Hwan (KOR) ......... 53,326.67 points
    #7 Boonsak Ponsana (THA) ........ 48,771.75 points
    #8 Tien Minh Nguyen (VIE) ......... 47,490.00 points
    #9 Joachim Persson (DEN) ......... 46,410.49 points
    #10 Wong Choong Hann (MAS) ... 46,340.00 points

Source:
    Attachment below

Attached Files:

#35 chris-ccc, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  16. The Boxer

The Boxer Regular Member

I want to address 2 groups of Malaysians here.

First, the group that are always negatives about LCW ... I just want to say YES! YES! YES! Datuk got no big trophy or major titles like Olympic gold. But at 27 years old he is already set for life. He gots money in the bank and from a close sources, he is already a millionaire. Well, how many 27 year old guy do you know that is already independent financially?? Nothing personals here, but I bet there are many of you who are still living with ur parents ;). So ... so what if LCW got no big trophy??? He is set for life.

As for the second group who will resort to anything to defend LCW ... you peoples realli need to get a life. You people need to have the maturity to accept facts and when anyone say LCW got no big titles, respond with maturity rather than with warped logic or wild accusations.
    ... and for this second group, just because I say LCW is not good enough to win big titles, I am not your boogeyman, Permuda. Dont make yourself look stupid. If facts are given, be mature enough to accept it.

For the 1st & 2nd group, it is embarassing for others to see how Malaysians carry themselves here. I dont come to this forum often but when I do, I find Malaysians are embarrassing themself here. I am a regular at redcafe under the same nick. You people all should see how people post there instead! What is so heated about LCW badminton or who he is dating or what he has won or not win??? Should look at the LCW breakup with WMC thread ... shy lah. People breaking up in relationships is something normal la in life.

Lastly, thank for those who send me pm about Permuda's threads. I read quite a few. Great stuff!

Maybe some of you people not happy with what I say? Ok, I dont hide behind computer monitor, you can pm to meet or come find me at BBBS @thurs (around 7.30pm), we can settle stuff old fashion style ... a game of badminton (singles) also can or we can either put on some gloves or go bare knuckles.

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    nothing funny when u change to personal:rolleyes:
    there are many others 'tcs' outside that u dont even know their name but they decide to quit baddy;)
    and they are not bad at all

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..OTB, she's not a waitress but an air stewardess lah...
    ..remember your thread??..if LCW starts to participate in less and less and more selective tourneys, how long will his WR#1 last??..;)
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68649

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer

Sorry Limsy...I just meant to 'bug' you:D:)

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

-
    Oh yeah, forgot abt your thread over there. LD is catching up, maybe in 2010, if LCW participates less tourneys, his no 1 ranking no more.

Yeah, now Misbun can say, 'See, I told the doctors bf CHina Masters, but they gave the all clear.' Seems Misbun's "gerak hati"(intuition) is more accurate than doctor's report. :p
    If last year Yonex's persuasion can cause just-out-of-hospital Taufik to show face at SS Finals, then LCW cannot do less, show face & wear the new outfit lor.;)