Team INA in Thomas & UBER 2008

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by newjazz, Apr 23, 2008.

1. indra

indra Regular Member

That''s is the problem when we have a lot of good players and we have to choose among them...there must be pros and cons.:cool:

However, PBSI's choice of fielding the young pairs is also good in the long-term. This will also serve as a mental exercise for the young pairs ahead of the olympics.

I think PBSI has made the right decision at this stage.

Luluk/Alven, in my opinion, have been inconsistent recently and their style of play seem to be a bit easy to read.

Against KKK /TBH, It would be too risky to field the young pairs. Chandra/Nova would probably be the right pairs to face Rexy's boys.

To face the young and fast 2nd/ Korean pairs, Joko riyadi will be the right pairs to face them.

In critical (do or die) matches, I would prefer Chandra/Nova....because mental toughness will play the most important role.

We never know what PBSI will actually do until the last minute...

It is possible that Chandra will be fielded with Joko Riyadi...you never know...I guess....it is a Chandra factor here...he is indeed one of the most dangerous double player in the world...he can be paired with any player...and any pair involving Chandra will be very dangerous and it makes the opponents nervous....

2. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

PBSI made risky blunder again :crying::crying:
    In the past, INA won TC by secured 2 pts in MD

3. Monbi

Monbi Regular Member

engineer
    cepek deh :D:rolleyes:

4. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

yeah right...In Thomas Cup, Nova/Candra who could beat LuVent straight set in ABC will be expected can also beat all mentioned pairs (as abedeng`s post) plus 2nd Korean pairs...except Jung/Lee and Cai/Fu (these pairs will meet Kido/Setyawan as MD 1)...When INA vs CHN, Joko/Hendra will play as MD2..Nova/Candra will take a rest...perhaps :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

#44 Erwin Kyoto, Apr 24, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  5. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Yep, percuma kita argue sampai kiamat, PBSI/Sulistiyo has spoken :crying:.

Best of luck to INA's TC team. We still have a strong team with the resources to beat any other team.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

That's..

..an interesting train of thought, there, as i thought about the same also when they made the announcement.
    However, regarding the idea of pairing Joko and Candra, well, uhm, we all saw what happened last yr during the Sudirman Cup when Markis was paired with Candra....;)
    I still think, at the end, it'll come down to how the MS players perform (esp. Taufik and Sony)..If either of both should falter, it'll leave a big pressure for their MD pairs.

7. Bao

Bao Regular Member

Absolutely Agree, I think Joko/Hendra only played in Group Match same with Tommy Sugiarto IN MS (just for experience), (hopefully INA be #1)
    IN QF if againts KOR ina will get 2MS (Sony and Taufik) and 1 MD (from Uncles in 2 MD)
    if againts MAL 2MS (Taufik and Simon) and 1 MD (Uncles)

STILL GREAT TEAM, and for me Much better than unstable LUKVENT :)

8. taufikk

taufikk Regular Member

Yes I agree that LUKVENT combination can be unstable and inconsistent sometimes, but they have the experience and more mature to play in a stressful tournament like the Thomas Cup:eek:..the whole badminton world will be watching..

9. persibmaung

persibmaung Regular Member

research associate
    Just wonder if this will give bad mentally effect for LUVENT since they will play in OG 08. Hopefully it will never happen..

10. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    never discard joko pair.. they might rise to the occasion.. jus like kkk in tc 04.. nobody even think tat he was able to force ina pair into rubber set. :D

11. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Vanguard, this is the Thomas/Uber finals, not any regular tournament. Sweeping MD is the key to INA's target for success.

In 1988 a green Susi Susanti failed to kill off China's great Han Aiping despite leading one game and with 5 matchpoints. I know, I was there ......

Thus I have always had more faith in established players ...... you can experiment in the qualifiers but never in the finals. Whether Sutiyoso dislikes Luluk or not, it should not become personal to the detriment of INA's chances.

12. badadum

badadum Regular Member

But we are talking INA here, and Bang Yos is a cadidate for future Pres position :p. Powerful figures will get what they wants.

Hopefully Luluk/Alvent will show him who's the boss by doing well in OG (unless he able to stop them from going as well).

13. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    No way he will stop them from competing in OG. Is he trying to give all the burden to MK/HS? Nonsense.

Talking about politics, I wonder if Bang Yos will mention anything about badminton in his campaign. Will he even spare several percents from APBN to strengthen INA badminton if he DOES become RI 1?

#53 Jagdpanther, Apr 25, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    It's about the same here too in Malaysia, except that the jostling of positions is with regards of officials and coaches, not players. Our best and most forsighted BAM President ever was knocked out of office, remember? Not just that, witness the reasons for resignation of Morten Frost, Prof Park etc.

Does Bang Yos think that his candidacy will be enhanced if INA TC squad underperforms?

We need more transparency and removal of Politicians from heading sports bodies. What do they know, anyway?

#54 abedeng, Apr 26, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  15. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I remember Rexy once said in a WC06 interview every Friday during training, the doubles can choose to pair with anyone. Hence, the Indonesian doubles players know each other inside out, and can be paired with anyone. He further said that in the 2000TC semis (I think, I am going off memory here) Rexy was paired with Tony, and the Danes were really happy because they have 2 frontcourt-men paired together. Rexy and Tony ended up owning them.

16. reiko80

reiko80 Regular Member

tecnician
    we must escape to play with ina ......better play with japan....therefor must beat korea in group match....

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

If MAS able to avoid INA....in last 8.....they will have to face Chn in last 4.........;).........MAS have 2 strong team in their path to final..........:rolleyes:

18. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Well if I am to choose INA's lineup against China I would just do a bit of a gamble...here it goes....

TH v Lin Dan
    Simon Santoso v Bao
    Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan v Cai Yun-Fu Hai Feng
    Candra Wijaya-Nova Widianto v Guo Zen Dong-Xie Zongbo
    Tomy Sugiarto v Chen Jin

INA to win 3-1.....well Simon has a chance against Bao

19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Taufik #2 MS

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but Sony is the no.1 MS player for INA ;):cool:. Taufik withdrew from the BAC/ABC on purpose so Sony could pass him on the ranking and make Taufik INA's no.2 MS player :cool::cool::cool:

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D:eek: Indeed it has in the very first post even ...

This mislead me into thinking it was not known yet:

d65up2 Well if I am to choose INA's lineup against China I would just do a bit of a gamble...here it goes....

TH v Lin Dan
    Simon Santoso v Bao
    Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan v Cai Yun-Fu Hai Feng
    Candra Wijaya-Nova Widianto v Guo Zen Dong-Xie Zongbo
    Tomy Sugiarto v Chen Jin

INA to win 3-1.....well Simon has a chance against Bao

Interesting lineup but why like that? What will be the 1 loss?

#60 demolidor, Apr 27, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2008