places in edmonton alberta canada where i can buy top end racquets?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by trunks512, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    One problem. How about after 10 days, how about up to a year and over? Yonex has replaced rackets other than manufacturing defects such as impact. It is up to Yonex's discretion it they will honor it even thou techncially it is no longer valid. This is also verified by talking with various authorized dealers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pedro,

You guys clearly know what I am referring to.

You do save money if you purchase a racket overseas – it does not actually rely on a warranty claim. Knowing the warranty is there is better vale for your money compared to none as a consumer in general. If it does need a warranty claim, you still save money anyways. Why? Unauthorized dealers are not obligated to help and it may come to the point where you find out that the customer has to purchase a new racket.

You are aware I got my JP and SP rackets from going directly to the source for a very good price.

#21 Matt, May 30, 2007
    Last edited: May 30, 2007
  2. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

I know you also claim you got your racquets at a cheaper price by ordering overseas, but inspite of other people asking you several times, you have not provided any links to show that mere mortals like us can actually do the same.

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi Matt,

Just like to get your opinion. What is a good price difference between a CD or US coded vs a SP or TH coded racquet. Assume the unauthorized dealer in CAN or USA don't give a damn about the MAP and warrenty is not an issue. Thanks for your input.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Pedro

It’s not a claim, it’s a fact that I gotten rackets cheaper overseas. Note that, I have invoice/statements.

I will not use “the theory of the baby bird”, by giving the information because they just want the answer. It is up to them to research if they want to find out. My professor mentioned about this theory to give an insight of what the University expectations are.

Let me give you a little snippet of what I have. As mentioned, there are other people who know about these kinds of routes as well.

[​IMG]

#24 Matt, May 30, 2007
    Last edited: May 30, 2007
  5. RSX

RSX Regular Member

I'm sure you have been able to get racquets "cheaper" overseas, I don't think anyone is questioning that. However you fail to leave out details. Can you order 1 racquet (as that is what this poster is asking about), and after paying shipping, customs charges (I'm talking about an over the board transaction where actual value is declared), payment fees and exchange, how much do you save ? That's a direct question, So pls provide a direct answer.

Further, what about the fact that some people prefer not to order online, especially from overseas for various reasons. Like the person who started this by asking about buying a racquet in EDMONTON.

This is a forum for sharing information related to badminton. I dont' think anyone care's about your professor's theories. If you are unable or unwilling to share information, and can not support your claims, comments as those made in this thread are of no value.

First of all this is not in English, so I personally can not understand it. But it looks like pricing in YEN. Great, now what about details such as shipping, etc. ?

All I (and others) ask is that if you're going to make comments, that you back them up with real facts and provide direct responses.

Regards.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I help the people who know me. Of course may not care about the theory, the fact is if people want to know something, they can research themself just like I.

You save a good amount because it is still cheaper anyways with shipping (around 14-15 CAD) charages and even if you do get charged with customs or not (the lucky ones). That is assuming 1 only.

It does not matter if the site is in Japanese. Figure your way around.

#26 Matt, May 31, 2007
    Last edited: May 31, 2007
  7. RSX

RSX Regular Member

Matt, it's not worth debating with you because you can never provide a direct answer or support to your erroneous claims. Ignorance is Bliss.

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I could careless. Why should I provide direct answers for people trying to be a leech, suck-up or want to be baby fed? :rolleyes:

#28 Matt, May 31, 2007
    Last edited: May 31, 2007
  9. treilanin

treilanin Regular Member

Man why do we always have to get into these fights over importing etc. The quick breakdown is simply:

1. If you buy from overseas, buy from a reputable authorized dealer that has demonstrated support for oversea purchasers when a racket needs to sent back on warranty claims (you pay shipping of course).

2. If you buy from an importer, ask how they will support you through their overseas contact since you are not the person buying from the authorized dealer. Make sure they will support you in making your warranty claim (you pay shipping of course) with the appropriate region.

3. Understand your warranty rights/avenues. If you buy overseas you will need to deal with that regions distributor for the warranty claim as well the warranty claim will probably have to be made through an authorized dealer.

4. You can get your racket cheaper from an importer or an overseas store versus an authentic racket from your region. Please factor in everything, shipping, taxes, duties, etc... sometimes the shipping alone can eat up all of the savings.

Make sure you do your own research and investigation since it is your money. Now can we please be civil :)

10. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

Mmm.. so you feel people coming to BC to ask for help finding a less expensive way to buy their racquets are leeches and suck-ups, and you couldn't care any less about them. How very nice of you.

I suspect I understand why it's almost like an obsession for you to steer people away from folks like mjstrings and badmintondirect. Are you ticked off so much by them because they actually care about the badminton community in Canada by providing the service they do? Who do they think they are, caring about total strangers?

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I researched this myself, do your own work.

Tell me why should I care about them? Do they know me? What have they done for me? Do have something for me? Do I know them? If I ask them to borrow a subtantial amount of money, would they do it? Tough question eh?

I do not support unauthorized dealers for anything.

#31 Matt, Jun 1, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  12. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

Now it's really clear this unauthorized dealer thing got you possessed (in the Omen kind of way :D). I was talking about caring about the average Canuck who comes to BC for help on badminton stuff. Or maybe you don't care about them too.

Get yourself a large iced cap from Timmy's, time to cool down.;)

13. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Me no, haven't you actually figured out that I was putting up a show? :D

Quite a few people who knew me on the forums figured it out and started talking to me and we had our laughs about it.

#33 Matt, Jun 1, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  14. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    This is getting way too unhelpful and unfriendly. Please cease and desist. You guys wanna a pissing match, you should take your racquets and take them to the nearest baddy court:p.

15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I guess you have a point cappy75!

Enough with the acts.

16. thunderstrike

thunderstrike Regular Member

Student
    Personally, I don't trust this Badminton Direct business. That guy with the username of "KevinPhoto" acted as his own customer when actually he is the owner of the business and I bet that Linda Liang person is his partner and is trying to convince you to purchase their products. Do not be fooled by this

17. waliao

waliao Regular Member

Student
    Oh an add on to thunderstrike's previous post - do not trust another one of his co-workers known as "Linda Liang". Guess what she acted as another one of his customers when she's one of his co-workers and she also hosts their racquets on eBay as well.