Garuda Shuttlecocks

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by badwing, Apr 27, 2009.

1. badwing

badwing Regular Member

Doctor
    Hi...anybody has any experience to share about the products of Garuda Shuttlecocks?
    I friend of mine is working in the company and he asked for my opinion which i would like to share with all of you as well...
    It is made in Indonesia and they said was already approved by IBF for their top line product...The Garuda International.
    I tried several feather birdie and it's very good. and the price is around 6-7 US$ only for each dozen... much cheaper than Yonex, or other world famous brands...
    Thanks everyone!

2. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i used about a tube of Garuda shuttles a few years ago. forgot which model though. i won't use them ever again unless i get them for free and i have no other shuttles. rather stick with RSL Tourney, Ashaway Black, Protech (forgot model), An-Yu Red(?). All those are affordable and decent.

3. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    @badwing, Garuda now is poor quality not like Garuda i recognized long time ago. I try all type even International type and both factory Budiono and i forgot the other one :D
    Seem to me Garuda and even Gajahmada is lowering their feather quality for affordable price but failed to impress me and my gank :( Other local brand give us a better quality in cheaper price.....i miss the old day

4. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

by the way, the Garuda ones i used were made of duck feathers. stay away.

5. badwing

badwing Regular Member

Doctor
    Hi llpjlau,...thanks for the advice... how much is the cost of RSL Tourney, Ashaway, or Protech you were mentioning per dozen? I rarely find those here in my city... mostly local brands. I would like to buy them when i travel to Singapore. :D
    Btw what problems you were encountering with Garuda birdies? Is it fragile? is it not balanced and straight during flight?
    Coz i tried one dozen of International and i guess it's very good...hahaha maybe coz its just me :D. thx!

6. badwing

badwing Regular Member

Doctor
    Hi issarakaya, thanks for your comments... maybe it's true Garuda used to be Indo's best birdie.. may i ask when is the last time you tried any Garuda? And what local brands you would suggest me to try? Thanks a lot :D

7. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i only know Ashaway Black costs about 18AUD ~ 17SGD a tube. might be cheaper in singapore.
    the Garuda shuttles i used in the past were made of duck feathers, so the flight is different to "normal" shuttlecocks, and they only last a few hits. i personally would not buy any shuttles made in Indonesia. would rather stick to the ones from China.

8. wubai

wubai Regular Member

Before I use Garuda cocks, but now I use King Cobra... the reason is feather more durable.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Not durable..

..esp. if one were to use it in a higher latitude or cooler/dryer climate..I've played with them before, here in the U.S.; flight is okay but they're not durable..

10. issota

issota Regular Member

Shuttlecock Industry
    Hai hai....
    Who is your friend who work at Garuda Shuttlecocks?
    he or she must be in Garuda Budiono right?

For your announcement,
    Now Garuda Torasakti not producing Garuda International, for long time.
    All We made is just rounted feathers. For Pointed Our Product is not much, hard to find now. Our Pointed product for now is just Macan Silver ( Macan Hijau ).
    We know that Garuda International not enough durable,
    and yes at the last product we use duck feathers, The best duck feathers.
    Good feather but we still using the old manufacturing, old technology, not good anymore...

We still Search the best formula for the Garuda International ^^...
    I will tell you guys when the new Garuda International is ready to lauch...
    We try not to dissapointed you all twice or more.

For A long time Garuda International is not approved by IBF as i know.

But if you search Garuda Torasakti product for pointed feathers you can search for Macan Silver ( Macan Hijau ), Ghoose feather but Thin one, Durability is good enough i hope ^^
    If anybody already try Macan Silver, please tell us your critics.
    Your critics if good experience for us ^^...

Thanks A Lot...

#10 issota, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  11. badwing

badwing Regular Member

Doctor
    Hi issota...:)
    Thanks for your input...
    I truly don't know which factory my friend is working...hahaha I forgot to ask, maybe in Budiono.. but I have tried both Garuda Budiono and Torasakti products. Both are good in my opinion. Torasakti has better package and design.
    Really? No more Torasakti International? Bcoz last year I still remember using those...
    I tried Macan Silver... neat product but unfortunately ..the speed is too fast, durability is average ... I played in Cimahi ..West Java and many don't like fast shuttles.. maybe you could produce adjusted speed for the Macan? :D...

12. issota

issota Regular Member

Shuttlecock Industry
    Ahahah... i know you will that for Macan. but try it now it's diferent ^^, Quality control is getting up. since 2 month our Macan Silver Durability is increase and speed decrease, hope you like it. give it try and tell me again your opinion ^^.

Yes no more Garuda International, We just made it for spesial order only. Last year we still made it but not to much.

You must try Rounted Shuttlecock right? Our Rounted Shuttlecock is our top quality, Garuda Hijau and Garuda Crystal Merah ( Tora - Tora Classic ) is our best seller now.

We just have 2 product is same with Garuda Budiono, it's Garuda International and Garuda Hijau only.

Yes We redesign all pakaging hahaha...

Badwing where do you live? Bandung?
    Maybe i can send you sample, and try Our new Garuda International ^^.

13. badwing

badwing Regular Member

Doctor
    Really? you will send me samples? Wow thats awesome!...Sure I would love to try! :D..btw how much is the new macan and international cost per dozen? you can send me private message on this if you want! But thank you very much issota...I'm living back and forth Bandung - Garut due to duty at present..

14. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    More than a years, in January 2008 i start play again after long time stop (18 years) and i choose Garuda Inter (both Tora and Budiono) and Gajahmada (red, half dozen) at the start.
    After so many test we choose Cobra Gold or Black.....best for price/performance at this moment. But for best of the best i tried is RSL Tourney no 1.....no weakness but cost 3x Cobra gold :(
    agree.....
    I try Macan but i forget the color but not so good (sorry no offence to your brand but this is true)....if i not forget price is rp 48.000 /dozen. If you already improve in quality then i'll try Macan again hehehehehe....Speed decrease? I like Garuda inter speed, made something like them with better durability or you can compare to Cobra Gold......

#14 issarakaya, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  15. badwing

badwing Regular Member

Doctor

Hi... is Cobra Gold made in Indonesia?...Wheew...I never tried other brands so ..maybe i'm out of date hahahaha...:D, but i like to try...i tried all brands hehehe
    How much is RSL Tourney? is it also available in Indo?

16. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    ^
    Yes, made in Indo :D PT Lion...Gold 56ribu in local store, Black 63ribu
    RSL Tourney available in pasar pagi asemka, No 1 currently out of stock from Jan but No 2 available in 160ribuan...i never tried no 2 but my friend told me it's good. But no 5,6,7 all of them is poor durability, nice fly and stability but easily break :(

17. issota

issota Regular Member

Shuttlecock Industry
    assarakaya when you try Macan Shuttlecock last time??
    Yes i have research for macan for a long time hehehe..
    know i can control the speed now. it's about mixing between weigh and the speed of rotation ^^. i get some good formula, all my friend like it already hehehe... hope you like it. i send sample for badwing first ^^...
    i don't know price in the market.
    the price maybe at Rp. 40.000,00 - Rp. 50.000,00 for macan
    The price for Garuda International i haven't been decided hahaha....
    maybe start at Rp. 70.000,00 - Rp. 80.000,00
    Ingredients is so expensive now ~_~

The diferent of RSL Turney No. 1 and No. 2 is just how big and perfect the feathers. No.1 is Full perfect Double wing feathers, No.2 theres a little wrong cut or the feathers not perfectly double wings ( big Double Wings ) ^^. I suggest you tu buy No. 2 it's same quality, same durability ^^.

same with RSL No.5,6,7. No. 4 is full perfect double wings, No. 5 is big half double wing, No. 6 is Medium Half Double Wing, No. 7 is small double wing. i pefer you to buy RSL no. 5. No 6 and No.7 is to much shake

that will be good if i can give the picture of the feather ahahah... i will post latter. RSL 1,2 is using goose feathers, RSL 4 to 7 is using duck feathers. thats way durability is diferent ^^

18. badwing

badwing Regular Member

Doctor
    Yeah! I think it will be a good idea for issota to post a short story about the making of a shuttlecocks... i believe many of us will interested to know... :) ..how to judge a good and bad shuttles from the feather...
    I never tried goose feather then ....maybe all this time i was playing with duck feathers birdie. I once played using Proace? i guess... in singapore during my work travel and... it's true...it has the best feeling ever...
    I hope Indonesia can make an international quality shuttles.... becoz... we're now not considered as world super power anymore in badminton...truly sad :(

19. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    I cant remeber exactly but nearly 6-9 months ago :D I'll try again, this week i'll buy some stock for my session and 1 dozen macan is enough to try :D Hopefully this one better then the last time i try ;)
    About RSL, no 1 is empty now.....last time no 1 135ribu but now no 2 is 160ribu per dozen...pricey :eek:
    Other brand i want try is Victor Champ but same lilke RSL, no 1 is out of stock only no 2 available so i still consider since no 2 is made from duck feather not goose
    About Garuda Inter, i'll wait...if good then i would not hesitate to back again :D Price quite high i think...you must consider your competitor in that price range, Gajah mada and Victor no3 is at the same level.
    you hope, my hope, our hope is same brother.....but as long as PBSI not changing their policy then we'll have to wait some miracle happen to see another Susi or Rudi Hartono rise again from our beloved country

20. SAMUDERAINDIA

SAMUDERAINDIA Regular Member

Finance Manager
    sorry for out of topics

I have been playing for years but never followed PBSI stories like you said
    ".but as long as PBSI not changing their policy then we'll have to wait some miracle happen to see another Susi or Rudi Hartono rise again from our beloved country"\\

Mind if you share what happen with PBSI? or you can point me if already in other thread

Thanks