Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Nadzmi: Onus on coaches to deliver

01 June 2012

http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/badminton-nadzmi-onus-on-coaches-to-deliver-1.89868

Excerpt:

BAM held an emergency coaches' meeting yesterday which was attended by Nadzmi, secretary Ng Chin Chai, development chairman David Wee and Thomas Cup team manager Datuk Sayed Abu Bakar Abdullah and high performance committee members Datuk James Selvaraj and Kol (Rtd) Wong Ah Jit where Malaysia's failure in Wuhan and the preparations for the Olympics were discussed.

"We need quality coaches who can turn our players from quality internationals into world beaters. In order to do that, our coaches must also train themselves to become better," said Nadzmi.

"We have to keep monitoring our competitors and regularly upgrade and we cannot prepare in isolation. The Thomas Cup has given us a fair picture of how the other teams have progressed and we have to ask ourselves whether we are training (our players) accordingly.

2. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Why BAM management keep on blaming the coaches? They are the one who appointed the coaches in the 1st place! For one, the BAM management need to review the way their organization is run.

3. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    BAM management not so strict. coaches must have KPI. if didnt meet KPI than change coaches..simple..

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    But how many coaches are avaliable to replace the exiting ones should they be dismissed?

We can't change them like changing underwear, can we?

5. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

wow, such a hot hot hot thread.
    pBmMalaysia, yeah, i totally agree with you. Changing a coaches will let the players hard to adapts the training situations.
    as examples,lets takes coach A has been tasked to training a player,which he has his own methods, while the player are trying to adapt coach A's methods, then coach B has comes to replaced coach A's duties with own methods.

this thread should be shown to BAM. They should read how many mistakes they're did.

6. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    The only way for change (improvement) to come now is ....

I'm afraid this will be a sad fact to acknowledge but, a change for the good and betterment of badminton is definitely more welcoming that what the situation already is now. As long as LCW is still running and jumping around the court on his 2 springy legs, no change will ever come about.

And it is 'sad', because of the 99% chance that the change will only come about when LCW finally retires, there is no more result to show on paper, dwindling sponsors, and when BAM is perceived by the nation as a big stark white elephant, then change will come. Then again, it probably already IS now. But as long as LCW is still whacking the racket for Malaysia, BAM will not change but choose to remain contented. Nadzmi is still adamant about NOT making any drastic changes to the system. Just he will have a few more monthly meetings, so he says. To talk about what? Nobody knows. Probably about imminent retirement also.

And most of all, nobody else longs more for the pleasure of other comrades in the same battle, someone carrying the same flag striving to eliminate your foes, than this person. He is a loner at the top - LCW.

And when and IF the change does come, I fear LCW will not be around the battlefield anymore.

Sad, but imminent.

#566 Pakito, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Just wondering....
    BAM is an association. It has a board of directors.
    How is the Board formed? Is it a yearly thing? Is it by nomination? or election?
    If it is nomination, who does the nominating?
    If election, who does the electing?

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    erm
    u are getting closer to the borderline
    haha

9. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

u're mean P.O.L.I.T.I.K.U.S....
    right limsy?

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Your post has reminded MAS BCers to blame their own State Associations

Now you are getting into the core issue. :D:D:D

State Associations are the members voting for the BAM people.

Many MAS BCers just blamed BAM. :eek::eek::eek:

Your post has reminded MAS BCers to blame their own State Associations. BAM people are elected by State Associations.

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The BAM President is elected by the council, not State Associations. The council's name list, some where in this thread.
    Then BAM President elect the Secretary,etc. Certain council members I think are from State Associations, normally the President/Vice or some higher position person

12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Bingo. That clears it. ;)

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

BAM just need someONE like LI yong bo or park joo bong.. That's it..

14. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    as i mentioned, if bam set a kpi to their coach, sure they also will improve themself instead of blaming at player only. then one coach should not only coaching one senior team, they should coach youth player, then it fair to know how well he develop a young player.

#574 riffsuad, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  15. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

everybody is clamoring for a malaysian li yong bo.. to me . thats what malaysian likes to do.. for a long time.. . follow the popular trend of the times, when things go wrong.....malaysian football has been doing this the longest . and no results to show for it.. only recently, they been looking inside.. using local coaches.. and starting from below.. but results are still not conclusive and slow..sigh . but i refuse to believe that we as a race does not have what it takes.. as someone had mentioned earlier (something something quality of its people something something crap)

maybe instead of a li yong bo. .maybe we need someone like michele rhee.... an administrator from hell
    (again looking for shortcuts. .outside....)

#575 pajrul, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  16. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Yes, we don't need another li yong bo

to create havoc in the badminton scenario.

We need BAM to put extra work

and look for the right coaches/specialized trainers

and utilize the facilities avaliable within the country,

starting from the grass root level.

Explore the potential available within the country

and this all about the system.

17. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    youth player must coached by excellent coach, otherwise how the youth player can be a same level with senior/pro player, i'm right? we hv two type of player, one is talented like LD, another one is developed like LCW. I do agree with misbun, that why misbun want to coach his son but bam didnt agree with that..then he left bam...very simple...

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah
    that's what i mean.;)

limao ,rexy , misbun are all doing better job than rashid,but they are leaving
    not rashid
    mind to tell me why?

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I just came upon this article from The Star, and it may be worth reproducing here.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2012/5/29/sports/11376922&sec=sports

Malaysia, unlike Japan and China, lack a quality supremo to lead team
    Tuesday May 29, 2012

Excerpts:

...When asked about the recipe for his success, Yong-bo replied curtly: “If I gave it away, then the world would be the same and that won’t be too nice for us.

“We can’t go on doing the same thing because the results would be the same. One must always be receptive to change.”

...The 46-year-old Joo-bong’s work in Japan over the last seven-and-half years is finally bearing fruit. Over the last two years, Japan have shown depth in both their men’s and women’s team.

“All of them are club players. They only participate in centralised training prior to a major event. It isn’t easy to keep the team together when they are scattered all over. Communication is the key and I’m blessed because I have committed players,” he said.

While Japan and China have outstanding supremos to plan, strategise and build the team, Malaysia are clearly lacking in that area.

Gone are the days when someone dynamic like Tan Sri Elyas Omar or Datuk Punch Gunalan took the lead to ensure that the system delivered world class players.

...BAM have been running around like a headless chicken ever since they terminated Yap Kim Hock as the chief coach after the 2008 Olympics. Four years have gone by and they must know by now that something is seriously wrong.

Wuhan clearly showed that.

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    All these blame games do more damage than sitting down to think, think, and think rationally about what happened, why it happened, and what could be done to improve, maintain or at least stop the slide in a more manageable manner looking ahead.
    Suggestions here are almost all blame games, which reflects an immature and emotional response. What we need is a head that can think.
    Here, may I suggest you revisit this again www.charlesdarwinresearch.org/Race_Evolution_Behavior.pdf. You will be surprised that this article will be rebutted, denied, and also agreed to by people. The really smart people believe in it but will have two very different versions when asked to give their opinions. In public they will say the article is rubbish but in private they say otherwise. Like smart people they know when to be politically correct.
    In a more open society like the US you can see why Asian Americans who comprise only 4% of the population, take up about 24% of the Ivy League universities enrollment. Now, if you filter this Asian Americans to just East Asians and Indochinese students, then the figures will be more telling and staggering.
    In fact some outstanding East Asian students are claiming and suing these colleges for discrimination. The US, even Ivy League colleges do have glass ceilings or "barriers" and do also practice affirmative action.
    If one were to look closer at courses that require more brains, like Sciences, Maths, and Engineering, the complete dominance of the East Asian should send an alarm bell to the US.
    A closer example is Singapore, which knows a good thing when it sees one. It genuinely tries to attract such brains. Examples are like smart Malaysian Chinese to provide a continuous stream, the 'Blue Collar" immigration Plan for Hong Kong some years back, and an attempt to lure almost all of Hong Kong's tycoons many years back prior to HK's handover to China. This may not be politically correct but it makes sense. Do you think your country would do this? This is how Malaysians and BAM should do-think rationally and don't look foolish blaming everybody.