It is only the Phillippines Open la

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Pemuda, Jul 23, 2007.

1. banidosa

banidosa Regular Member

Faculty member
    hi ants! r u there in PO final day? i think i saw u wearin orange top? :p

2. Makunouchi

Makunouchi Regular Member

Badminton Addict
    Sorry for being off topic!

Yup he was there the whole tournament taking pictures. I forgot to take a picture with the famous ANTS!:D

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

First of all, I think we really really need to stop all this chest thumping ala Malaysia Boleh aka Syiok Sendiri type of action. In short, we need to get real. The PO is no big deal, like it or not it is a 3rd rate tournament or else the big fish will all be there. So, why dont you take a chill pill and not wet yourself over KKK/TBH winning the PO. The win is just a warm up for KKK/TBH and certainly is no yardstick for next month WC.

The WC is the real deal, not some mickey mouse PO. So, lets see how KKK/TBH fare in the WC.

What would my reaction be had KKK/TBH not won the PO??? Like I said earlier, they have yet to convince me so if they did not win the PO, my rating of them is still the same ... which is flash in the pan.

4. jangster

jangster Regular Member

ed asst.
    i agree with you ants

5. catherineshinbi

catherineshinbi Regular Member

student
    i wan to know what kkk and tbh say about their win?

6. taufikk

taufikk Regular Member

Being a PO champion is better than nothing. I don't think the boys would be overjoy, I'm sure they are working hard for the coming WC.

7. ~sss~

~sss~ Regular Member

yeah...i agree wif u!!
    IMO, we should support our players as long as they can do their best!!

8. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian
    When Andre Agassi hit rock bottom a number of years ago, he competed in challanger events which is a far cry form the normal ATP tourneys he used to compete in.
    The important thing after hitting a slump is to get and win matches to not only get the feel of winning but also a confidance boost. So yep they did well in PO but i cant help but wonder, if the win would make them over confidant. Then again, i think at this moment they are the best bet the world have to tip over Fu/Cai...the other players have a fighting chance too....if one of them breaks a leg :p :p
    Anyway hope TBH/KKK win in WC. Go Go baby!

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    They said that it was kinda lucky for them to be able to get 2nd set. But at the same time they aren't overconfident in the 2nd set since they won the first set easy. When they we trailing on the second set, they just take one point at a time, play a point at a time... until they realised that they got closer and closer until the scores are even at 20-20.

10. sweetluv

sweetluv Regular Member

kind of weird~ actually they themselves are not overjoyed or being carried away, is just the press who makes it a bit "huge" since the mas top pair haven been winning tournaments and the win definately boosted their confident.. i guess not much ppl is overwhelmed with their PO winning... philippine open is already over.... just keep our finger cross for the WC..

11. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    hmmmm.....to me, the press is just doing their work, NOT as professionals, but as a businessman, as big news = more money. just look at the press in "Spiderman" movie, maybe in real world it is something like it too? kekekek.......or at least MAS press do have the potential to become one......

12. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Thats the problem.When KKK/TBh is not a winner,they are rudely criticise by the fans.If they did well in a tournament,it is not enough.
    So, what do u expect from them???
    when they win the PO,we do realise that it is not a big tournament.We cannot celebrate that winning just like they are winning AE or olympic gold.No.we cant.and we accept that.
    but is it a sin to appreciate their effort???
    We are not giving them a "datuk" recognization.Why do u must bring it up in this forum??
    it is just a appreciation for our athletes.just a commendation.
    it is not necessary.

13. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Pemuda, an outsider like USAfan are in KKK/TBh side.he is defending ur players.Dont u think it is weird???

14. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    Pemuda, before expressing your state of mind in this forum, please make sure to check your spelling. You typed "Phillippines" which should be spelled "Philippines". Secondly, you do not use "Phillippines Open"; it should be "Philippine Open".:rolleyes:

I think you're missing an important point when Malaysians celebrate the victory of KKK/TBH in the MD event of the PO 2007. Whether the PO 2007 is a 3rd, 4th or even a 5th rate tournament, the bottomline is that KKK/TBH accomplished their mission, and did us, the Filipinos, a big favor, by providing a great view of world class badminton (courtesy of the Malaysian squad and even the other teams who have the guts to travel here and participated). We surely appreciate that they recognized the PO 2007 as an important event.

Lastly, athletes do experience a "slump" in their respective careers. But in the case of KKK and TBH, can you (still) remember their accomplishments in the Super Series tournaments this year? If so, can you consider that their opponents in the SS were 3rd rate?

15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    You are right.. KKK/TBH can be rated as the greatest assets in mas badminton history.. This is the same as Nicol David in squash..
    However.. while Nicol David has been suffering a slump of form and being criticized by local press. She bounced back & maintain to be World no.1 in Women's Squash's Ranking.
    It proove that to be a successful and great athletes.. U needs strong mentally.. Not matter how BAD critics by the press.. Just keeps ur self moving... And left the results silenced it..

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

RSLdude,

Likewise, likewise ... before you start expressing your state of mind too, you may want to check your grammar as well. It should be ... athletes do experienced a slump. ;) Pot should not be calling the kettle black ;)

If you think what you saw at the PO was world class badminton then I can only say that I am happy for you.

Are you saying that Lin Dan, Taufik and those who did not show up for the PO were "gutless"?? :rolleyes:

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Your mentality basically summed up our Msian sports syndrome. No wonder we are basically at rock bottom across the board. No wonder our badminton, football, hockey, track n field and etc are just plain shitty. We like to have this syiok sendiri, gaya mesti ada, malaysia boleh attitude.

Now, we think KKK/TBH are world beaters after the PO, so I just cant wait for the WC in August and I bet once they failed, it will be the usual excuses again.

18. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Is it a tuition class now???
    RSLdude, dont worry, im in ur side.Pemuda is pemuda.he will always stand to his opinions.we cannot change that.

19. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    Who told you that Taufik did not show up in the PO 2007? :eek:

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Opps he did, is it??? Wow .. since he didnt win it, PO must be pretty tough to win. I bet you rate it up there with the All England.

By the way ... you avoided my question. Let me put it to you again (minus Taufik) "Are you saying that Lin Dan, ...... and those who did not show up for the PO were "gutless"??

;)