-= AEF Colola II Tabletop String machine =-

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by wuldup, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

First thing I'd do is put some overgrip on the supports where they contact the racket. This will give them some grip and stop the racket twisting in the machine.

2. wuldup

wuldup Regular Member

Sunway Student
    You mean cover the arm with the badminton grip? That's great idea. I should try that

3. bsmith

bsmith Regular Member

Engineering software developer www.elitesoft.com
  4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

^I'm afraid the Michal supports wouldn't fit that machine - the V brackets are bolted on horizontally and are not supposed to be removed; the Michals only apply to vertical (and removable) fitments a la Eagnas.

5. bsmith

bsmith Regular Member

Engineering software developer www.elitesoft.com
    Ah yes, that's right. I think I remember Michal saying he has made one other variation of his supports and could theoretically even make them for this horizontal variation. But obviously any new variation would involve more than his normal cost even if it were feasible to do in the first place. I suppose one could direct a PM to Michal to see if it were possible and what the cost would be.

6. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

the side support almost similar to Yonex ES5Protech's one.
    at least there are 2 set of video on stringing badminton using this Yonex machine.

first is by kakinami (AK = Alan Kakinami)... I've seen his video using his machine without any additional add-on. you may ask his opinion.
    while, the other video, it used badminton add-on at side-support.

gm02511.jpg

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The Yonex-style "over-riders" are probably the best way to go, but they're pretty hard and smooth. There are similar ones for the Star 5, but they have absolutely no room around the back.

We need Gamma to make something for this, really - their K-bracket over-riders are excellent.

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Just seen that AEF make a machine called the "Childish 1200". That's my one smile for the day:D.

9. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Sorry to bring this up late. The fix clamp in the picture is good. But I think it is clamping a little too tight. Compare it to the MBS fly clamp picture, the string is not pinched in on the MBS while fix clamp is.

10. MjölnirSlinger

MjölnirSlinger Regular Member

First of all, i would like to apologize for reviving an olddd thread. I'd been quite an avid badminton player for several years, and i think it's about time for me to get a descent/upgraded stringing machine just to broaden my technical knowledge in the sport and hoping to become an 'expert' :p in coming years...

Any advices and guidance (technical or non-technical) from fellow forumers are highly appreciated.

Initial inquiry to maa2003 and wuldup.
    This person, Carol Huang, is she ok, reliable?
    I came across another sales person by the name Janet Deng. How about her?

Since i'd browse some machines on the net, i prefer the AEF's ELEC-9900 which includes automatic clamps, stands, work tray and Wise-2086. My rough calculation indicates that it fits my estimated budget of below USD 2,000 inclusive tools and shipment.

This ELEC-9900 is quite similar with Coloca II (pics on the 1st page of this thread) only it comes with a stand.

Comments?