Bao Chunlai ( 鲍春来 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. fauci

fauci Regular Member

Bao is among the most skillful players with very fine techniques. Very sad that he's suffering injuries and has to leave without a major personal title. I wish Bao all the best.

2. dini_chantik

dini_chantik Regular Member

writer
    My Bao chunlai had retired. Still remember his smile on Juni 2008, Don't know he was smile to whom But that smile really sweet for me .... Bye bye Bao ChunLai

3. Perina

Perina Regular Member

Student
    heard abt his retired on twitter!! mostly all of them wishing Bao Chunlai the best for future!!
    He refuses to be a coach, so he might choose entertainment business on his next career!!
    Whatever he does we always support and love him!!
    GOOD LUCK!!

4. at800def

at800def Regular Member

student
    saw this about him:
    前羽毛球国手鲍春来在京举办个人新闻发布会,宣布加盟青海卫视真人秀节目《我是冒险王》任特邀主持人,并入职国台办担任两岸文体事业交流处经理

<<The former badminton national champion Bao Chunlai personal press conference held in Beijing, announced the joining of the Qinghai Satellite TV reality show "adventure" as guest host, incorporated into the staff's Taiwan Affairs Office as the cause of cross-strait cultural and sports exchange department manager>>

5. fauci

fauci Regular Member

Bao Chunlai plays with his right hand :D

[video]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjkwOTExMzY0.html[/video]

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    The more I read about this guy, the more I have (apparently) contradictory feelings.
    I'm sorry it had to end the way it did for him; he deserved much better; he could have achieved much more.
    I'm glad it ended quickly for him; he can move on to other things in life because he is a very talented and intelligent guy.

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

^ born in the wrong era to an extent, played under the shadow of Chinese stars like Lin Dan, Xia Xuanze, Chen Jin, and as a result got less exposure. On his day capable of beating anyone, but injury often prevented this, and when given his chance injury would always hinder his performance. In the end it was a quiet unspectacular end to his career not what he deserved, but he has the opportunity now to go on to a different path to which I wish him good luck! :)

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    He seems to be getting into media and promotion. But he is also staying fit for another go later in the National games next year. Here is something I just found...

Bao Chunlai tell everyone he has worked as a manager in the Culture and Sports Department of the State Council Taiwan Affairs Office Jiuzhou Cultural Communication Center the post. In addition, he joined the Qinghai Satellite TV is also special as host of “adventure” file of the nature of the reality show’s program. It is worth mentioning, Bao Chunlai said that although there is a new job, but they did not leave the sports, did not leave badminton, he said exactly that in the 2013 National Games on behalf of the Hunan team play.

Source: http://insidechina.onehotspots.com/...wan-affairs-office-of-the-state-council/8750/

9. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    He and WSX are both finesse players which don't fit well in the power circle.

10. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    WSX's fortune is a lot better than Bao Chunlai...she has captured quite a lot of major titles at the age of 22..Bao Chunlai on the other hand, not a single one..

He will forever be remembered for his heroics in the Thomas Cup and Asian Games team events...without him, Lin Dan's victories are nothing..

His performance in singles event however is tragically unfortunate..

11. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

If North American badminton organizations were smarter (and richer) they would make him an offer to come over and coach. Even if he couldn''t speak a word of English, his employers would get their money's worth if even a nanogram of his talent rubbed off on some of our up-and-comers.

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Not sure about his trousers and shoes!:)

15. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Read somewhere that BCL is coming out of retirement and will play for one of the team's in the chinese badminton league next season because he was asked to play in the chinese provincial games of next yr? Can anybody confirm that?

16. Perfektion

Perfektion Regular Member

I would love to see BCL play again, I loved his style so much!

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

We could be reading the same Chinese article which was somewhat sketchy and didn't specifically say he's coming back to play in the International circuit,only mentioning the domestic league for a certain team - I wouldn't exactly call that coming out of retirement, still it'll be great to see him play again (problem is where to watch it).

18. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Don't think BCL will go back to the international circuit. He informed BWF that he's not playing any more to get off the doping control program so he can treat his injuries.

The Chinese National Games next year will most likely be his last competition. Chinese players are usually brought up by the local sporting system. They are obliged to repay the system with their contribution to the provincial results at the National Games.

It has been reported that BCL may make his first appearance at the Chinese League in October.

19. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    China players feel honour to play for their provinces, if I remember correctly, yang yang went back to play for his provinces when he was coaching Malaysia...

20. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Well, even if he only makes a brief comeback it's still good news, he was my favorite men's singles players...