Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Exactly my point :)

2. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

In terms what what string to string it with, that's completely up to you. In terms of how many knots, (i.e, 2 strings or 1), DEFINITELY 1. 1 string means when it breaks, the stringer HAS to replace it, unlike with two strings (4 knots) where the stringer can get away with just replacing one, leaving the other. This can screw the tension and maybe even lead to the racquet head collapsing on itself. The only advantage I know of for 2 strings (4 knots) is that you can have different tensions for hortizontal and vertical. E.g, you can have say 24lbs for horizontal, and like, 26lbs for vertical. But I don't like the idea of this and I wouldn't want to try it either.

3. Boggieeiggob

i'm sorry, but that website looks SOOOOOO dodgy to me :/

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    disagree.

if i have a racket strung 1 piece, and say the main breaks. i can clamp the last cross and then remove the mains. tie off the cross, and then re-string the mains.

i can. but why would a stringer do that? it is more work to have to do this surgery. esp when in the case the main breaks, the flow is reversed and most likely will end up more time. the time difference of <6 mins is not worth the saving of $3 for half a pack of string.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Must disagree. Machines do nothing to prevent sideways compression; if you mount a racket and cut the mains, the racket will squash 3-9 and elongate under cross-only stress, and the machine will just sit and watch...

I do agree, though, that replacing half the string bed (if the crosses go) is more trouble than it's worth.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    good point. i guess my point is that whether one is doing 1 or 2 piece stringing, the number of string/knots has nothing to do with whether he can or cannot replace just half the string.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

If you even suspect your stringer would do that you should really change. No stringer worth his salt will go half-assed like that and risk the racket breaking and lower the quality of the stringjob (even under the best circumstances that'll be the case if you just replace half)...
    And Li Ning rackets are the first brand I would try different main/cross tensions on as they're SUPER-stable. Nothing I've done with mine has even fazed them, taking stringjobs up to 32lbs without any sign of instability. A higher cross tension MAY result in a crisper feeling and thus more enjoyable playing. Depends completely on the stringer - and his machine. No way to determine what main/cross ratio is best as there are soooo many variables, but an enthusiast (like me :D) will always experiment and be able to discuss that issue with you. He'll also have a good idea what your racket can take concerning max tension and the main/cross ratio.

8. Macehill

Macehill Regular Member

Marketing
    Hello !

Anyone can give me a review of the N-70 II ?

9. Boggieeiggob

True. Personally, I don't like two knots, it just feels weird for me. But the thing is, my coach says that you wouldn't be able to tell because they could just get a same colour string and spray it, or get a string, colour it and then ink the stencil in. Oh well, I'm not professional so I'm gonna keep a lil' quiet on this one = 3 =

10. Boggieeiggob

Sort of. Lin Dan is the image/advertising image of the badminton department of Li Ning. Li Ning is a company owned by the founder Li Ning, who is a former gold medalist gymnast, hence why it's called Li Ning

11. Boggieeiggob

Btw, is this thread only for the N series?

12. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

It is for any Li-Ning racket, but N series is the most widely available which is why they dominate the thread. The rest of Li-Ning's range is much harder to find and not all models are available everywhere.

13. Boggieeiggob

Are they the most available worldwide? I thought it was the HC and UC series >_>' oh well

14. Boggieeiggob

Another thing, this is probably a dumb question, but what's the difference between the I/1st generation and II/2nd generation of the N series?

15. Swiftlegend

Swiftlegend Regular Member

Student
    They're different rackets, so the 2nd gen ones are the "updated" and new versions but the specs have changed slightly. The 1st and 2nd gens are still quite widely available so treat them as different rackets so you find the one that best matches you.

16. simonsimp

simonsimp Regular Member

Uni
    does any one know what strings does Fu haifung uses with his Kason F9?
    i heard that theres:
    -Kason professional p-75 (similar to bg80 but holds tension quite well)
    -or li-ning ns-70.
    i want to know because im keen to get a F9 for my doubles, and trying find out the most suitable strings for it.
    Thank you.

17. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Try it with ZM62, it feels really nice.

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Depends more on your personal preference than the racket. The Kason string is thinner than the BG80 (.67mm) so it should be a little more repulsive...

19. Henners

Henners New Member

The 2nd generation features the bio-inner-cone technology with most rackets, there's a website here for Li-Ning racket information www.li-ning-badminton.com

20. Boggieeiggob

Tche, I got so happy when I saw the £ sign on the website, and then I saw the numbers and I was just like '... :/' because I've found so many websites that sells all those racquets for so much cheaper