BAM news

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Mar 17, 2010.

1. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

From what I read, the money probably come from their sport counsel(NSC or something) rather than BAM itself. There is a news article which said that the coaches and players are not happy with the ''centralized training'' in other countries as they were not consulted before the decision was made(I can only deduced that decision were made by BAM top management and the sport ministry only), which prompt certain coach and player to pull out of the trip at last minute.

To be frank, I find it amusing that people who have not been a sportman themselves actually rushed in to make decisions for their sportment and claimed that those decision is supported by scientific justification and should be for the best interest of their sportment(But they didn't take the outcome of their last centralized training into account. Scientific? Ouch!). There's only one reason which I can think of as in why the ministry(who pobably knows nothing about competitive badminton) interfered with the coaches' decision in such a hasty fashion whenever there's a big tournaments(Thomas Cup/WC)-they wanted to have a fair share of the glory if Malaysia happened to secure their first WC for the first time.

#461 lcleing, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The difference between CHN and MAS is that CHN will hold their centralized training (typically during winter) somewhere in CHN. So, cost wise, it's relatively cheap for them. Most importanly, it WORKED FOR THEM in most of the cases.

As for MAS, most of the centralized trainings DID NOT WORK OUT! Correct me if I am wrong.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Indeed. If we send the players for centralized training in Bath or any European city, and worse still, the players came home with nothing.....imagine the outrage that PBSI will face!

4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Looks kind of logical for some teams to want to focus on a tournament that other teams are not really well prepared for.

Remember how Chew Choon Eng/Chan Chong Ming and Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah won bronze in 2001?

Maybe countries like Denmark may also want this one after missing out in the Thomas Cup. Maybe even Korea or Japan

may be in better condition.

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Lest we forget, when the Malaysian coaches and players were consulted on why they performed so poorly at this year's TC and UC they attributed the failure to lack of centralized training in a remote location plus Malaysians did not have the same culture outlook as the Chinese or Koreans.
    It would be interesting to find out why some are for centralized training in a remote location and some are against now, and why the change.

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Didn't the BAM players also prepare for some past tourneys with centralized trainings (at home) too? I forgot for which tourneys....but certainly centralized (and isolated) trainings (at home and away) did not seem to work out from past experiences.

So, the question is: why did BAM opt for yet another centralized trainings when the previous ones did not yield any results at all.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i will agree with badmania
    someone is yet to reply post 461
    or maybe he is finding who in charge of that project

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    They came back with something of course. Cannot be nothing.

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Tan Kim Her has the best experience and he totally understand why our boys is not performing well. Im happy he is taking charge of the jrs, at least there is no conflict of power.

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    because bam/nsc believes centralized training will benefit the players before a major tournament.

they may not have much success in the past but that doesn't mean its a flop or it has to stop.

no doubt its an expensive program bam/nsc has to start somewhere.

hopefully it will be smooth and a better preparation for tuc 2012 and

the next thing is to get the coaches and players along with this program

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The training in isolation thin that worked was for the 1992 TC Team.
    For 2010 TC, When the players cited distractions, one of the thing was too many other activities like having to attend this & that function organised by the big shots. For TC was BAM Patron, SPorts Minister, not counting all types of people & media disturbing them everyday. It was less than 2008 TC though, that's cos the players said something abt it.

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Isnt it supposed to be preparation for OG 2012? Hopefully this expensive program wouldnt cause NSC/BAM to say no budget to send back-up for tournament

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    ya, sorry it should be the big olympic 2012

sleepy eyes for me i guess

14. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    you should hint to us what went wrong and why they are not performing well

i am sure everyone loves to hear that

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Damn if they go and damn if they don't go..

..my 2.5 sens input on this isolated/centralized training for MAS players in preparation for the upcoming Worlds:
    IMO, as brought up before in another thread (by danielwong also), this is another catch-22 situation. Damn if they go and damn if they don't go.
    If i were BAM, instead of going to Bath to do this 10-11 days of centralized training, they could've find another location somewhere in M'sia to do this. They could go for the same amt of days & find a training center, say, in Kota Bahru, Kelantan (limsy's home town/state). And then spend 1 or 2 days relaxing in Redang Island and Perhentian Islands. Sure, the only difference will be the weather/atmosphere/a bit of time change.
    On that note, I remember in 2005 when TH won the WC here in the U.S.. The whole INA squad came in abt 1 or 2 days before the actual competition. Yet, TH and Nova & Lilyana were able to win the title respectively.
    About the mention of CHN squad doing their own centralized training, as far as i know, they were doing it **within** their own country. It's not as if they made a special travel arrangement just to train in INA or PHIL or MAS. As far as i remember, they've never done such travel arrangement just to train. That's the difference.

#475 ctjcad, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i would said
    instead of badminton issue
    this is more a politic issue
    lol

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    There must be consistency and have to make sense. The fans are not dumb, they know what was done historically and can see other countries do their job to see if things are successful. So, if the reason is distraction, then please shut off the phones, disconnect from internet and make sure BAM cut off all functions. Its discipline. If LCW can do it at home, why not others? ;) Precedence is already there. ;) If you don't go and if you loose, there will be less criticism. Also the hour difference is another factor. They should have spent the money in Paris instead. ;)

18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    very important is the time difference for this remote centralized training

next is the expenses involved

naturally bam/nsc would have to pay a lot for any place nearby paris

other than bath special long term arrangement

and definitely not paris as it could stretched close to 14 days

ehmm... thats a lot more than the current amount spent

last one is of course as you mentioned, discipline

just one word only and if its really2x there

there will be a difference from the outcome of this training

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    uncle
    when u want to reply my comment on rashid so called 'leadership'

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Here are the websites of the National Sports Institute and National Sports Council of Malaysia where you may find information about the roles they play is sports.
    www.isn.gov.my/
    www.isn.gov.my/images/stories/co_isn_en.pdf
    www.nsc.gov.my/

Both bodies provide support to and are linked to BAM via two links. First, the NSC has a member in the BAM Council and another representative from the Ministry of Youth & Sports. Second, the NSI has a member in the Coaching & Training Committee. The last tier in BAM is the C&TC which links the coaches, players, NSI, and via the C&TC chairman to BAM Council.
    I think this is a very neat organizational structure.