Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Today I want to share with brothers here Lin Dan current racket N50 II which beat Lee Chong wei in both HK open and china open .

型号:FLAME N50Ⅱ
    颜色:-1-2蓝色
    材质:碳纤维
    产品重量:W3
    握把尺寸:-1 S2;-2 S3
    长度:675mm
    握把长度:200mm
    平衡点:295
    中管弹性:中
    穿线磅数:
    主线20-28lbs;横线22-30lbs
    性能特点:高档进攻型

lin dan.jpg

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

He actually used the N50 for the whole China Open tournament. Although my N50II with a 30lbs NBG95 feels pretty nice now (dropped from 32). Thanks for making me give it another try, LD :D

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Actually he used N50-II most of the tournament, only against CL n50 was used.

4. chris0612

chris0612 Regular Member

student
    Hi im new here.. i have using vt 80 for 6 months but i think vt 80 is lacking speed for drive.. but very good in smash..
    I want to buy lining racket which there have speed and good in smash. do you have any idea? maybe n90 , n90(2) or N50(2)? which one is better.. thxx for advise..

5. bartwuster

bartwuster Regular Member

N90ii.. :)I have VT80 and just bought the N90ii, and I can say my drives and smashes is better than when using the VT80.

6. chris0612

chris0612 Regular Member

student
    oh really... thx for the advise..but are u trying n90.. because many people say n90 is better than n90II.. am i wrong? i cant try the rackets because no one using both of them in my badminton club..

7. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    N90 is the most head heavy and stiffest racket of all rackets in the world.

8. bartwuster

Sorry but I didn't get a chance to try the N90. :(

9. chris0612

chris0612 Regular Member

student
    hahaha yesterday i see n90II and N90 at shop.. i prefer n90II for the paint.. n90 looks more old.. but the seller say n90 better than n90II.. make me confuse for chosing.. :confused:

10. bartwuster

Almost the same with me; paint job on the n90ii definitely look nicer.. :)
    Also, the shopkeeper where I bought mine do mention about n90ii got slight edge when attacking, but also harder to handle compared to n90ii, so another reason for me to buy the n90ii..

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That is absolutely not true - but it is very head heavy. The stiffness, however, is pretty average 'stiff'.

Against Shon Wan Ho and Lee Chong Wei he used the N50 as well...which makes it 'most of the tournament' for me :p (haven't seen any footage of the first 2 rounds). In the exhibition matches (4 Heavenly Kings?) he used the N50II though.

#1631 j4ckie, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It is stiffer than similar headyheavy rackets like AT700, VT80, AT50, SW35, AT900P etc.. Maybe that is what he is reffering to..

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. I found the SW35 and MX80 to be lots stiffer than the N90. Can't say anything too sure about the Yonex rackets, but I'm pretty much convinced the VT80 is stiffer as well - can't back it up, though :D
    The N90 is stiff, but nothing so exceptional. The head heaviness is insane though :D (helped by the high weight) By far the heaviest racket I've played with (carbon racket, that is :D)

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Static stiffness i would agree, dymaic stiffness when doing full smashes, I would dissagree. I agree that the stidfness isnt expetional in N90 I would rate it stiff, not x-stiff (with exception of MX80, that i think is stiffer than the ones i mentioned overall). But it is all relative, and the other rackets i mentioned are not X-stiff either imop. Another point to make is that for example VT80 tends to get much softer after being used extensively in my experience, which is not the case with N90-orig.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

As I said, I'm not too sure about the VT80, as I don't own one and my testing experience with it was kinda brief (one session) - and I don't have any long-term experience, so I wouldn't know if it gets softer or not. Not such a great thing, imop - if I buy a stiff racket, I want it to STAY stiff :D
    Anyhow, I'll obviously trust your judgement on that one.
    The SW35 and MX80 are pretty similar in stiffness, and while they're definitely not the stiffest rackets ever, I'd rate the MX as x-stiff. The SW35, not too sure, as I don't own one, but I'd say it's on the high end of 'stiff', bordering on x-stiff. Although the testing was hindered a bit by the f**ked up string (~20lbs).
    The N90 is definitely heavier, and in my eyes the potentially more powerful racket (if you can use the high weight and BP correctly) - although in my hands, it's pretty tame as I've gotten so used to lighter, quicker rackets. It's nice for singles every once in a while though :)
    Oh, and I can only agree - the N90 does not get softer over time. I've had mine for abt. 17 and 14/15 months respectively, and they're still going strong.

16. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I think i would have to train significantly more with the 140g training racket i use if I want to use N90 effectively without getting a mushy arm in the third set :-D

17. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    As a precautionary step. The only rackets Ive used that don't have grommet tear through and frame sinking in was the AT700, but even the bottom grommets got wasted on. I already saw tear through and slight frame sinking at 24ish lbs. no way it'll be able to take 30+.

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

My LN rackets take 30-32lbs without any complaint. They're dampened pretty nicely, so the hard string doesn't translate into vibrations like on some Victor rackets and the result - no arm pain at all. Despite 32lbs instead of 28 (admittedly with NBG95 instead of 98^^)

19. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Just got back from using this racket, and I'll admit I had my doubts. Played for a solid few hours and for myself, this thing had the power of the AT700 and the speed of the VT80. It feels relatively light and flexible compared to my AT700's, but because of this, there's much less fatigue and I could sustain power and move faster throwing in some trick shots. I highly recommend this racket to anyone who likes the AT700 and the VT80.

20. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I have had no problem with sink-ins even with quite shitty grommets on N55 at 35lbs. AT700 ltd was famous among pros here for strings sinking into the graphite.