Professional players and their racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Josh, Oct 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. deber

deber Regular Member

Not sure if it was posted in the last 39 pages but Peter Gade strings his rackets usually at 33-35 pounds.

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

New player with the new vt-80.. peter gade:cool:

3. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
    Wow!! Pic please :D

4. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    Taufik should also switch to VT80 :D
    he won with AT700 (head heavy) before, I wonder why he still using Arcsaber 10 (even balance)

5. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Probably because it won't make a difference to his level of play. In fact, it would probably make his level of play slightly worse initially, as he's not used to the new racket. Regardless, in my opinion, it's 99% technique, 1% racket.

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

He's still using his version of Z Slash i think..

7. aman85

aman85 New Member

Clerk
    Taufik still like using Arcsaber 10 b'cuz i think i complitable for he... I try VT80, is are medium balance and head heavy... Complitable for Dato' LCW... But, i like Wong Chong Han using the Dunlop racket... 1st., he using Dunlop Aerogel 4D Tour, 2nd., he using Dunlop Aerogel 4D Premium and now i think he using Dunlop Biomimetic Ultimate... What do u think about Dunlop racket? Its are popular in Thailand... Now i using Dunlop Aerogel 4D Ultimate Lite dan Super Lite...

8. bogz8

bogz8 New Member

Student
    what about the rackets of the top badminton players today?

9. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I'd also like to know. More specifically, what are the rackets of the top 10 Men's Doubles players who are Yonex sponsored? I had a recent discussion with BC forum members "Yoppy" and "druss" which touched on how the best players in the world don't often switch to the apparent "latest and greatest" racket with the "advancements in technology". For example, I can only think of one top player in Men's Doubles who uses the VT80 - Mathias Boe. If the VT80 (3U or 4U) is so amazing (like so many people have said on these forums), why aren't there more Yonex sponsored people switching?

For me, it's simply because with good technique and footwork, the racket becomes almost negligible (within reason of course).

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Here are "all" the VT80 users within the first two weeks of release (that I could spot in pics): http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...yers-and-their-racquets?p=1638472#post1638472 (many more than MX80 users that has been released much earlier)
    Should add Ruud Bosch and Dave Khodabux of the Netherlands as well. Bosch and his partner (Ridder) reached the QF of the current Malaysian Grand Prix Gold ...Saina Nehwal has also used it at the Swiss Open in the early rounds.
    Frankly I can't remember a bigger adoption rate, shortly after introduction, for any recent release (or perhaps even in the whole previous decade)

#670 demolidor, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  11. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

So Saina Nehwal no longer uses the VT80?

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

More: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...nd-Open-2011?p=1642766&viewfull=1#post1642766

Maybe still getting used to it or tried and didn't like. It's not exactly very similar to her ArcSaber 7 after all ...
    And as mentioned a few posts above, Peter Gade VT80 now as well since India Open SS ...
    Guru Sai Dutt - Voltric 70 ...

#672 demolidor, May 6, 2011
  13. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

It doesn't seem like many of the top Men's doubles players use the Voltric 80. Are most BC forum posters singles players?

By the way, VT80 or not, Saina Nehwal is losing to a girl ranked more than 70 places below her right now!

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

How many are still sponsored by Yonex should be the question ;)? And of the first list plus the two added names, 10 of them are doubles players (the majority of the names by far). Personally I think it is just wrong to categorize rackets in strict boxes as people want to do so often and you could perhaps say proof of that is the wide variety of models used by the pro's. Arc10 is a very popular doubles racket as well, as is Arc7 and AT900P whilst the boxes or charts would say NS9900 should perhaps be the choice ...

Most BC forum posters are recreational player's (yours truly included these days) and just because they play more of one of the other doesn't necesarily make them just that :D (even if they like to think so). More times than not it simply has to do with court availablility and doubles is therefore more often played.
    And for juniors you can't really say you are on or the other. I mean Peter Gade was a junior world champion in men's doubles but he sure isn't thought of as such ;)

#674 demolidor, May 6, 2011
  15. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Why don't Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong use the Voltric rackets?

16. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

By the way, I was surprised to see Mark Zwiebler (took a set off Lin Dan in the AE 2011 semi-finals) uses the ARCSABER 7. I just sold that racket yesterday - it'd been sitting in my bag for over one year collecting dust!

17. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

Does somebody know what racket Jan Ø. Jørgensen use at the FZ Forza Denmark International?Can you delete this double post?

#677 Lukasy, May 6, 2011
  18. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

Does somebody know what racket Jan Ø. Jørgensen uses at the FZ Forza Denmark International?

19. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    so the conclusion is:
    there is no such thing as best racket
    what you need is a racket that suit you and your budget

you cannot say, oh 10 yonex doubles players use VT80, therefore it would be also good for double
    it might, it might not (again, as long as it suits your playstyle)

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member