Mohd Ahsan / Hendra Setiawan

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Licin, Aug 31, 2012.

1. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    yes agree with u... nothing to do with the racket... Ahsan too much thinking of sitting on the podium again like the MO... but i think he will get better result if he stick the old racket

2. whaithukhe

whaithukhe Regular Member

IT consultant
    If professional play with me then racket doesn't matter, even when they use wooden racket still beat me 21-0. But if pro vs pro, then racket DOES matter.

3. sen

sen Regular Member

What I meant was a profesional like Ahsan would already train with the racket before the tournament. If the coach and himself during training, couldn't see that the racket makes his performance worse, then there is something wrong.

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Sometimes sponsor give "bonus" to players who use their new racquet... But anyway, yonex did make old racquet with new paint job to confuse the fans into believing the players using new racquet

5. betazone

betazone Regular Member

Ahsan was not himself at AE, nt sure why. I dont rule out rac being a factor

6. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    can't believe that, the best Indonesia men's double Setiawan / Ahsan, currently, lost in the 1 million USD Axiata cup final in Indonesia homeland, to a scratch pair made by a retired single with a retired mixed double, Bao CL and Zheng Bo。The score is 12:21 ! unbelievable, thus Indonesia lost completely in this Axiata cup which was designed for Indonesia team to win.

Setiawan / Ahsan have established as the strongest INA men's double. On the other side, I don't know who came up with the idea to invite Bao CL and Zheng Bo to play the men's double? is this a genius or stupid idea? If I were the audience, I don't want to see Bao CL and Zheng Bo to play MD in this 1,000,000 USD cup.

first, both Bao CL and Zheng Bo have retired for a long time, Bao CL now is trying his new career as a TV host.

2nd, both Bao CL and Zheng Bo are out of form, even their body're gone out of shape. Both of them also have injuries to be bothered all the time.

3rd, Bao Cl has never played men's double, he was a retired single player; while Zheng Bo has not played MD for many, many, many years. He was a tired mixed double player. Single players have to control and protect the whole court, while mixed double male players have to protect 3/4 court. Contrarily, men's double players only need to protect 1/2 court.

#66 2cents, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  7. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy

Anything can happen.. Anything.

8. sen

sen Regular Member

I don't like to comment on that poster due to previous posts.

But my comment on Axiata cup, I think Hendra/Ahsan was injured or something, they withdrew from BAC after that. Or maybe other reason. And I don't know why the team manager still played them.

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Axiata cup loss was due to ahsan's back injury.. and lack of training time i think.. due to his marriage..

10. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    thanks for all your explanation, anyhow, Axiata cup is a team event, the team manager should have picked the best MD for the final.

I knew Ahsan/Setiawan withdrew after the 1 set loss (12-21). I think it's because the rest match were meaningless. By winning 1 game from Bao CL/Zheng B against Ahsan/Setiawan, Asia team got enough points to win. That's the real reason, but on paper, they have to pick some other legitimate reasons like injuries.

If the reason were injury and marriage, the INA team would have picked another MD.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Wow... both Setiawan and Ahsan, especially Ahsan, were on fire at INA Open. They played fast, flat, and efficiently.

I'm particularly impressed by Ahsan's smashing, as if his life depended on it... in slow mo replays, he can be seen putting his whole body and soul into the smash. His fore and mid court play wa impeccable, and his defence was amazing. Both game points in yesterday's finals were from his counter attack smash returns.

This pair is gonna be interesting to follow, if they keep up the consistency, they can be no. 1.

12. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Worth to mention, he's using Arc FB to create smashes with 270km/h! :eek:

13. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    dont all get so hyped up with the racquet, its probably just because he has a panhandle grip and strings at 26 lbs

14. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Yeah,. finally they got title in the Djarum Indonesia Open SSP 2013 and become the first title SSP as pair! :)
    Congrats!:)

15. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=76286]blableblibloblu[/MENTION]
    Don't forget about the Time Advantage too of such an advanced grip technique. ;)

16. visor

visor Regular Member

Can you imagine if he used VTZF?! :eek: :p

17. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

he probably wont be able to generate the same head speed and agility..

i watched the game twice just to see how the indons played, ahsan appeared to have benefitted from a very speedy and occasionally less predictable return.

on the VTZF.. LCW's been hitting 250-270 anyway.. i wouldnt think ahsan is any stronger than lcw

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I'm absolutely not a friend of this racket. But it's interesting that he can such fast smashes while holding almost no racket weight.
    The low weight was pretty sure supporting his fast net game as well.

But let's put Ahsan aside. It's really worth to mention that Setiawan shows really really no emotions during the game. His emotions after the win were also rather calm... This is really special.

19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    It is no doubt. Hendra is well known for his calmness and a great shuttle placer. Look at Beijing Olympic 2008 Final, he looks really calm. I love his shuttle placement a lot. He is gifted in this area, i would say.

20. julianng

julianng Regular Member

yea i'm surprised they won this INA open this time... they beat Cai/Fu in the semis as well... totally unexpected.... not sure if they qualified for the WC or can repeat the same success next month in the world championships.... but still a very good job from this pair beating Lee Yong Dae in the final today....