Victor Super Waves 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by chungjun, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

Re: Discount coupon. It was a long time ago promotion, I can't remember (September maybe?). It was only for Thais when we become a card member at the Paragon.
    Re: Pro-Kennex. I don't see this brand available here as far as I know.

2. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    3u...............

3. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

That's what I thought. 3U is a beast. Loads of power but difficult to tame. I don't think I can handle 3U that's why mine is 4U.

4. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    But i am slowly loving it. I think for doubles abit harder to use if i play in the front as fast drive is not to my advantage. For singles, it is perfect

5. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

Hi Sealman,

Yup, the hc2-9000 is a black and silver finishing but I think they have launch the new red color version.

6. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

thank you then.:D

7. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

After couple weeks of observation, I finally bought the 3u SW-35 yesterday evening. Currently combination is BG-65, 4 knots at 27/29 but the hitting feel is still soft. (I prefer those hardcore metal hitting sound)

The first swing was damn ........ it is too light (A bit of dissappointed since I have been using the 3u Cab-35 for the past 1-1/2 month).

Luckily, I didn't choose the BS-10 or 11 which is more lighter than SW-35.

8. bajwellm

bajwellm New Member

Personal Trainer
    Heyy, I'm looking at a SW 36, I'm in Canada and have 0
    Victor experience. I'm mostly a power player, backcourt lobs
    and smashes and I'm reading the the 35 is much more stiff.
    I was just wondering how much more flexible the 36 is, like
    how much it would take off my smash.
    Thanks everyone

9. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

Don't mistake 36 is medium stiff still though. It is only slightly more flexible than 35. Smashes are still have the bite for the 36.

10. bajwellm

bajwellm New Member

Personal Trainer
    Don't mistake 36 is medium stiff still though. It is only slightly more flexible than 35. Smashes are still have the bite for the 36.

Alright thank you, I am looking for the racket to replace my MP 66, so I am pretty sure the 36 is a much better all-around racket.

11. hduong

hduong Regular Member

SW 36 is easy to generate power with.

12. johnjohnny

johnjohnny Regular Member

I just got my SW35. When I just receive the racket .... I though I had bought the wrong racket. It is too head heavy and stiff for me. FYI, I was using 2nd Gen Ti-10 b4 this. After a couple of sessions, I started to love the racket. It generate very powerful smashes. I thought the racket will be slow and abit lack in defense which to my surprise, it's not that bad. For now, this racket will be my primary racket untill I have found something better.

13. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    I have sold my SW35 and swoop it for SW36. SW36 is more user friendly in terms of control def and atk. There is no strong point for 36, the only strong point is it is an all rounder abit like an Arc 10.

Sw35 is hell of a beast. Very head heavy and stiff. If you can handle it, it can hit bombs. The only problem is when you are defending, you will find it hard to generate power just by using ur wrist. Especially on defensive drive or backhand drive. Ideal racket for singles who are more attacking minded. For example lin dan

If you are more of an attacking player that plays single, go for SW35. The feel and power is better. Go for SW36 if you are more of a control type of player playing singles. Ideal for players who like to play like taufik or gade.

14. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I had a really good go of the SW35 today and, without getting into specifics (I was invited to try it by another member, so I'll wait for his OK before I review it properly), it's one of the most powerful and accessibly powerful rackets I have ever tried. Much less work than an AT700 or 900P. Balanced like a golf club, though, so it's a total rearcourt basher's racket:D.

15. johnjohnny

johnjohnny Regular Member

huangxl,

I thought you have high regards on SW35. Too bad you choose to swap it. Anyway SW36 should be an all rounder and you choose what suit you best.

Mark A,
    I concur with your comments. It's for backcourt player that does the bashing job. In terms of defense, it might not be as fast as BS09 or Ti10. However it's not too bad either. Anyway out there who are looking for hard hitting session, do consider this beast.

16. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    I still do have high regards for the SW35. It is really one of the most powerful racket with excellent feel and pretty cosmetic. The only thing i choose to let it go is because of me not able to handle it well enough. No fault of the racket. I realised that i lose out in a double games when opponent counter my smash with a drive to my back hand (assuming they managed to defend it). The stiffness and head heaviness makes it tough to generate power just from wrist alone. I will still highly rec it to people who can handle it or singles player.

17. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

To go into a bit more detail, I tried six Victor rackets yesterday and the SW35 was the most powerful by a country mile. It's not just power, though: it's easy power. Even when I couldn't get behind and really hoof it I was getting enough power off the wrist (which I noticed most when going around the head).

I was drilling with Paul for a long time, and the backcourt stuff felt easiest and most natural with the 35. I will probably be ditching my Z-Slash and swapping it for one of these pretty soon.

18. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Mark A: did you tried SW36?

19. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

No, not yet - Paul isn't able to get this or the BS09 yet, but they're on the list. Should be able to have another testing session some time soon.

20. rapidfire

rapidfire Regular Member

I bought 1 recently...wat a heavy monster...nice looking racket from victor