Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    There is alot of untold stories and behind the scenes that many don't know. I do hope and wish both players well in their future of badminton.

2. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

s

Frustrated doesn't mean mentally weak, it's the action, the ;giving up-act' is what shows you are strong or weak. It's almost impossible nobody feel frustrated.

Preaching as the only thing I could, but these 2 chaps isn't a recreational players. They are athletes, and it is their job to not giving up in any circumstances, almost like a soldier you may say. They have been trained physically and mentally to face this. But in the end, both of em failed. Physically and also mentally. On TBH side, 2 smashes, then start to drop shot/drive or even worse defensive mode. On KKK side, too much of 'anticipation', fancy-mancy shots which give is points to the opponent and worst part is letting his partner feel not worth to smash all-out.

And by the way, since when doing a fancy shot/showing off is wrong? Duh. . . does giving up while in a big game is not a WRONG thing? You are bringing you country's pride with you but then you gave up when you lost 1st game?

3. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Fancy shot is not wrong when it works. It is however wrong, when it's being used to such an extent that opponents know where your favourite shot is going to.

I am not saying TBH is right in giving up. This is a case of what you do negatively and then affects your partner.

Yes they are not recreational players. However, players are human too. So are you saying it is right for KKK to play recreational style but not for TBH? Bear in mind, it's cause and effect.

I also think you do not know what it feels like to play doubles as what TBH is feeling. I am not saying he was right to give up, but hey, walk in his shoes.

PS: In your post 1819, you said frustrated one is not mentally strong. So? Now change status again?:D Since you admit also KKK's 'fancy-mancy' :D and giving points away (your own words), I wonder if you know what you are talking about.

And pls lecture me - what do you mean by 'too much of anticipation'? Is there ever such a thing called 'too much anticipation'? You can never have too much of those, I tell you, the more the better!:D

#1823 Pakito, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  4. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

I don't think you get my point.

I don't think he wants to share his shoes with me :p. And FYI, TBH did not gave up on the OG because of KKK's fancies. Watch it and count who made the most errors. Mind you that we are talking only about OG, not previous games.

And yea, maybe I never played doubles in badminton or maybe I never had a partner that made me feel frustrated always. Duh~:rolleyes:

5. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Dude.. your duh duhs are confusing and are expressions of the female gender. I know it means 'go figure' but it's confusing in your opinions and can be exasperating to read what you are saying.

Am curious, what is the score counts of errors they made? any figures to share?

6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

One line that all of us can agree on:

2 wrongs won't make a right

7. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

It's the act, genius.

Even when the shot where TBH could smash-kill it?

8. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    You posted 'too much anticipation' as KKK's negative. Now change again?

Erm, if a partner has a chance to kill but drops instead (you are refering to TBH rite?), you consider that as 'too much anticipation' rite? I see..

9. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

:confused:

10. visor

visor Regular Member

From today Sep 9, 2012

END OF THE ROAD: Proposal for Kien Keat-Boon Heong partnership to be split

Read more: BADMINTON: Close tobreaking up - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/badminton-close-tobreaking-up-1.140877#ixzz260erFlEJ

THE writing is on the wall for men's doubles Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong.
    Despite the BA of Malaysia (BAM) coaching and training committee (CTC) trying to keep its decision under wraps, they look certain to be split.
    The CTC, which yesterday probably had its longest meeting (lasting six hours), came up with some proposals after the failure to win gold in the London Olympics. And the future of Kien Keat-Boon Heong, currently competing in the China Super League, is one of them.
    However, the BAM executive council (exco) has the authority to approve or reject the CTC proposals.
    CTC chairman Ng Chin Chai did his best to evade questions regarding Malaysia No 1 doubles' future.
    Chin Chai said the feedback from the all quarters was received and it was discussed at length whether to split Kien Keat-Boon Heong.
    He said the views of the players will also be heard before submitting their recommendations to the BAM exco at a meeting, likely to be held, on Sept 19.

"We have heard the pros and cons of splitting them and we also want to hear from Kien Keat and Boon Heong. We will submit our proposal to the exco which will decide whether to split or retain them as a pair," said Chin Chai.
    "If they want to remain as a pair, we want them to state what is their target and give a time frame and what are the options (combinations) if they are split.
    "What I can confirm is that they are part of our elite squad in the 2016 project geared towards the Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games as a pair or with new partners."
    As Chin Chai tried hard not to reveal the CTC decisions to the media, BAM general manager Kenny Goh said there have been plenty of arguments (for and against) in splitting the pair.
    He said it was the management's duty to ensure that the decision taken would not jeopardise Kien Keat or Boon Heong's careers.

"There have been plenty of speculations on the matter. It was felt that the decision to split them was to safeguard Boon Heong's career while Kien Keat will be neglected but this is not the case. Both players are part of BAM's elite squad as long as they prove they are good enough to remain in the 2016 project," said Goh.
    "We want to talk to them to find out their views. There could even be a possibility that they themselves probably want to be split and play with new partners but we want to hear what they have to say.
    "As of now, they will be competing in the Japan Open (Sept 18-23) and their performance in the event can give some indications. The final decision will come from the exco."
    However, everything looks towards new career paths for Kien Keat and Boon Heong as their separation looks inevitable, and the exco's decision will be more on how soon it will take place.
    There have been suggestions they should be allowed to partner each other until the end of the year but there have also been calls from the CTC members to break them up as soon as possible.
    Boon Heong has been proposed to partner Goh V Shem while Kien Keat is likely to be paired off with Lim Khim Wah.
    On the issue of appointing a chief coach to oversee the national training programmes, the CTC was still undecided.
    It is now contemplating identifying two individuals, who could be either appointed as chief coach or manager, to head the 2016 and 2020 projects targeted to win gold in the Olympics. There will also be an elite squad made up of senior players for short term targets.
    "We may select two individuals to head the 2016 and 2020 projects. They could be chief coach or manager. We will also have an elite squad where players will aiming for short-term targets in the next three years.
    "Players like Lee Chong Wei, Liew Daren, Kien Keat and Boon Heong are all part of the elite squad."
    But it looks unusual that the elite squad, who will be involved in almost all the Olympic qualifiers for the 2016, will be without a chief coach or a full-time manager.
    With plenty of grey areas in the CTC's new training structure, it remains to be seen whether it will be approved by the exco

Read more: BADMINTON: Close tobreaking up - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/badminton-close-tobreaking-up-1.140877#ixzz260fWorAW

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    this show us how useful and effective the meeting is

12. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
  13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

They are playing more aggressively in the club than for the country;) This is what i noticed.

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

15. visor

visor Regular Member

It only seems like it, but remember they're playing against provincial players, not international players. So it'll be much easier to stamp their authority over them instead of over Cai/Fu for example.

16. visor

visor Regular Member

17. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Liu Xiao Long is not provincial player
    he plays for CHN international team
    but of course his partner in the league is a bit weak..

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of NST

Top pair agree to split

By K.M. Boopathy

BEST INTEREST: Kien Keat and Boon Heong soon to have new partners Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong

THE BA of Malaysia's (BAM) meeting with Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong yesterday turned out to be fruitful as the duo were positive about continuing their futures with different partners.
    BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai and general manager Kenny Goh had a closed-door meeting with Kien Keat and Boon Heong, as requested by the coaching and training committee (CTC). This was for the pair to understand that the decision to split them was made in the best interest of their futures.
    Kenny said the meeting went well with Kien Keat and Boon Heong taking the explanations positively.
    Although the CTC didn't reveal much after its meeting on Saturday its proposals, Kien Keat and Boon Heong are to be split. They will most likely partner Goh V Shem and Lim Khim Wah.
    The only thing left to be decided when the BAM executive committee (exco) meets on Sept 19 is to decide whether the split will take immediate effect or at the end of the year.
    "The meeting went well and we have explained the plans for them and they have been receptive. They are willing to accept that these decisions are made to safeguard their future," said Kenny at Juara Stadium yesterday.
    "More importantly, they are willing to accept whatever the final decision, and we will report the feedback from Kien Keat-Boon Heong to the exco."
    As a reward for their services to the national team in the last seven years, they may be allowed to compete in the super series until December by the exco.
    It is learnt that men's doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her had proposed that Boon Heong partners V Shem while Kien Keat plays with Khim Wah in grand prix events during this period.
    They are to go full swing in all tournaments beginning in January.
    Earlier, there was concern that Kien Keat and Boon Heong might turn professional and join a club, likely to be KLRC Berhad, should they be split.
    However, continuous failures in international tournaments have made them aware of their "unsalvageable" situation.
    Kien Keat and Boon Heong, who are former All England and Asian Games champions, are now prepared to save their careers by adapting to BAM's new plans.

Read more: Top pair agree to split - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/top-pair-agree-to-split-1.142532#ixzz26ETfqP7T

19. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

Oh My Gosh!

20. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    interesting...hope some good results will come in the near future