Customworqs

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by f1rst, Oct 28, 2012.

1. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Hmm I know there are some of us that don't believe changing the balance point through handle/grip modifications actually changes the way a racket plays. Can you throw any light on this debate?

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Adding one gram of weight to the very bottom of the (inside of) a handle moves the balance point down by roughly 5 mm. However, it does increase the weight by... one gram:).

3. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    when I saw this post:

this is already a marketing tactic, and I will tell you, I don't like this tactic
    I won't buy from a dishonest seller (trying to defend your brand using a clone member)
    + you didn't say that you are the owner of Customworqs until the second page (after 5 posts or so)

and from your first post:
    you are trying to be a normal member asking for people or persuade people for your website. this is already some kind of marketing

well, I have no grudge to you, but I don't like your approach to market your brand (since I know this is under handed tactic)

#43 Avenger, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  4. qingshun

qingshun Regular Member

295, 303 and 312 balance point. I don't think that is a good selection. Can u set 270, 285 and 295??

5. Eddie Hang

Eddie Hang Regular Member

Marketing and Sales Director
    Hi Avenger,

If you don't mind me responding to a couple of you points:

Regarding me using a clone, every other badminton brand has multiple users on this site hiding behind different usernames to engage with badminton enthusiasts and talk positively about their respective brands without you knowing. If anything I should be given some credit for coming clean.

Re you deciding not to purchase from me because I am a "dishonest seller", I guess then you will not be buying any badminton brand as virtually every major brand tells you it has XXXX technology which delivers greater power, control, manoeuvrability and speed. My unique selling point is that I'm NOT selling you all these marketing technology stories.

I realise me being on here is a form of marketing although I would argue that engaging people like yourself is a good way of learning about how players choose their badminton rackets so that the badminton industry progresses forward providing equipment that you need. Every good brand manager, product manager of every other badminton brand would say the same.

However I take your point that being on here is a form of marketing, so will make this my last post.

6. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    You'd be stupid to leave and not use the site. The Panda Power people use the site from what Ive read for the same reason. Forums allow you to engage customers in a way nothing else other than twitter can. You may have lost a single customer but you'll gain more by posting.

7. amleto

amleto Regular Member

this much is not in dispute :)

8. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

I don't think that you should leave the forums. You came clean and that's OK. Plus it might be useful to answer some questions that potential buyers could have.

9. Eddie Hang

I'm happy to answer questions, please see below

10. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    well, if everyone are doing it doesn't mean it will justify you to doing it too
    and no, you don't come clean. it is after Kwun pointed that BaddersUS is actually a clone that's why you open everything

how about something like this?
    ha, a clone said he bought a racket from customworqs

I saw many people support other brands (esp if they are agents, like PP agent, Victor, etc) but this forum is more or less neutral compared to other badminton sites (such as Indonesian badminton forum which is flooded with sellers that trying to knock out each other)
    it becomes apparent who support who after reading so many posts (and we know the review would be good. PP does a good job in this but they do add some depth by not only telling you their racket's pros but also cons)

what I don't like is, you challenged us as a buyer, not as a seller.
    I did not bother posting about colour scheme, etc since I thought you are a clueless forumer
    but as a seller, buyer has the right to talk. I will give you free hints. I saw many people and only casual people who think about the colour scheme esp women or kids (which IMO, not your target market as it should be hardcore players)
    yes, I live in the UK for 5 years, and most of the time, the one who said: the "colour scheme is ugly" is woman
    for women, we recommend something a bit flash and in pink colour such as arcsaber 3FL / 9FL (and we say, go for it and earn brownie points)
    not many in this forum says: oh I hate the colour so I don't buy it
    that's why I said it is only 24-36 specs since colour is useless for us (and it is only 27 specs according to you)

I don't like how you justified your brand by saying you are not selling those marketing technology.
    it doesn't justify why you don't put sword frame or box frame, 80-88-96 string holes, why it is only 670 not 675mm
    so many questions and as a seller you don't justify why it should be that way (actually, I don't want to talk a lot about it since everyone already questioning it since the beginning)
    why not 675mm? why 22x21 string pattern? why isometric?

except you are saying this is not marketing tech stories:
    Detonate string
    Vlite cap
    sensigel

I don't know, I just feel so many thing wrong in this thread
    this is a new brand, and you need to prove us that this is something that worth our money. but not using an under handed tactics like above
    tell us about your brand. answer our question. challenge our ideology about a racket if you want to change it, and lastly, try to justify WHY we should pay £121.15 for your racket.

P.S: to Kuwn or other mods, sorry for being so frontal here. if you think this is too much, feel free to delete it

#50 Avenger, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  11. amleto

amleto Regular Member

thanks, good answer.

#51 amleto, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  12. Eddie Hang

I'll try and answer these in an order:

1. I'm not baddersUS so please stop quoting these posts as mine. however I know they are keen on customisation

2. I've not challenged you as a buyer as I'm not BaddersUS. I have, as all other brands do, challenged you and others as a forum member / person interested in what you have to say

3. I agree with you that members of this forum will look past the colour of the racket and into the playability. However these forum members are only 1 segment of many different types of badminton player who will buy expensive badminton rackets.

4. The rackets are a mold which combines box frame at the T joint for stability and aero frame or "sword frame" as you term it, in the head for good aerodynamics. In my opinion this is the best combination for badminton rackets.

5. 22 x 21 string pattern because it is easier to string, aside from this, in my opinion, there is little difference in playability between the most popular string patterns on the market today

6. I'd like to offer 665mm, 675mm as well as classic and optimetric head shapes. The reality I have agreement from the factory in principle to do this if I get to a certain sales number.

7. You list Detonate, Sensigel and V-lite as my technologies stories. I have to disagree with you that these are not stories as all I've done is provide images and construction information. I haven't claimed the string delivers for example, 25% more control. What I do know is that, they are excellent playing string and grips.

7. Re payment, you are paying �121.15 for rackets because:
    a) it has 2 years development time underpinning them
    b) my 30 years experience as an international player, coach and former Head of Carlton to ensure they are great playing rackets
    c) the molds created in the development of the rackets
    d) the numerous samples tested in the development of the rackets
    e) the fact it is manufactured as a one off
    f) the air freight from China to the customworqs office to QC it
    g) the air freight from my office to the customer
    h) any customs duty charges are included in the price

Can I ask you the same question. What racket do you play with, how much did you pay for it and why do you think it cost that much?

Hope this helps

13. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

I love the idea behind the site, but what I find difficult to figure out is how is a person to know what your racquet is actually going to feel like? Racquet balance is so subjective to where the weight is actually located in certain spots of the racquet that just knowing the balance point doesn't really give you a perfect idea of what it's going to feel/swing like. This is especially worrisome because these are one-off racquets where no one has the ability to test them before purchasing. This also applies to the flexibility of the racquet as well. I also find it interesting that you are basically telling us that the current top end companies are using technologies that don't actually stack up to their claims and are therefore misleading and or useless technologies... but then you proceeded to make a website where you can customize your racquet... but only to the technologies you personally deem worthy. It suddenly becomes a purchase that really requires a trust in your judgement... more so than my own personal likes/dislikes/preferences. I noticed you said you have to wait for a certain amount of sales to come in before you allow more customizations.. but from what I can tell you absolutely need it to be more specific.. and to figure out a way to convey how the racquet is going to feel. Head light - medium - head heavy just isn't cutting it.

14. bifo the monkey

bifo the monkey Regular Member

Student
    I am interested in buying one of these rackets but I'm wondering if there would be any discount if I buy more than one racket as I usually buy more than 1 racket at a time

15. Cillu

Cillu Regular Member

Racquet Tech
    On the review basket page, there is a banner that says you get a 20% discount for each subsequent racket purchased each time.

16. bbh66

bbh66 Regular Member

Demo

I was fortunate enough to have a hit with a variety of sample rackets this afternoon. To give you some background, I am a coach and generally find medium balance/weight/flex setups the best for me because they have good all round playability. So, I mainly stuck to that setup this afternoon. Comparing it to my current Forza rackets with similar setups, in a nutshell it felt far more solid to hit with and more forgiving too. I'm not saying these rackets are going to make you Lin Dan but a racket should compliment the users strengths and improve (to some degree) weaknesses and that's exactly what it did.

I also had a play with headlight and head heavy setups. They are what they claim to be (not much more I can add, just depends what you want/need from a racket. They definitely don't just manipulate the weight in the handle, you can feel the difference in the mold itself. The samples I used today were strung at 26lbs but I think Mat said that they can go up to 28lbs but don't quote me on that.

To the suspicious forumers: I am not a plant, I have had a Forza coaching sponsorship for the last 4 seasons and before that I owned a range of top line Yonex rackets. I've been waiting for something different for the past few years and I am very pleased with the results. For the time being I will still use Forza for clothing etc but I will most definitely be using Customworqs rackets.

Thanks again to Matthew for a very productive afternoon, cheers! :)

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

* pix or it didn't happen :D *

But on a serious note, just wondering if those demo's had their final paintjob yet and what Forza are you using and compare the three balances to FZ rackets?

On a sidenote: I also think not including girlie paintjobs is a glaring hole ...

18. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    * referring to a forumer that you quoted
    to think that a 4 years account can come back to life just to post in this thread.. must be a miracle? :p

19. bbh66

bbh66 Regular Member

@ Demolidor

All the rackets I used today had their final paintjobs. I have quite a few FZ rackets but the one I used today was the new N-Forze ipower 10000 which is medium stiff and medium balance. Hope this helps.

P.S. Avenger - it must be tricky going through life being so paranoid :p

20. maxout

maxout Regular Member

So my understanding of statement #6 is that there will be NO oval (Classic) head available as I don't expect there to be a lot of requests for them.