Badminton shall try 11 pt per game and best-of-7-games match like table tennis

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by Jonc108, Mar 30, 2013.

1. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

For me I enjoy all the events excepts WD. But then again I am a bit badminton mad. To promote badminton in western culture for TV the main event should most definately be MS, MS, MS. Maybe some WS if they got into modelling and on/off court fashion(sorry just being honest)

2. ChubbyCheshire

ChubbyCheshire Regular Member

I'm not sure MS is best for TV - rallies are much slower than in doubles. I find and equally matched doubles match more exciting to watch than an equally matched singles match. I like both but doubles is my favourite - whilst doubles in tennis is seen as a side show !

3. ChubbyCheshire

Oh and I agree that the use of the younger more attractive players off court could create more on-court interest !

4. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

For you yes and me, but have you ever watched a doubles match with someone who doesn't play, watch. Their like where's the shuttle whats going on lol. Plus a lot of doubles is just about first 3 shots, brilliant for people in the know, not so good for others

5. ChubbyCheshire

That's usually me !

6. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

it is good that someone finally give it a try in CBSL!!! ....although i wish they could try a longer match like best-of-5 games at least....