Kido / Hendra Leave Pelatnas

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Sandy, Dec 21, 2009.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Well, whatever they end up doing, Kido has to learn to, ahem, eat responsibly. Self discipline is extremely important when playing as independents.

3. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Sigit Give up Kido / Hendra

Push Up the backup players for Thomas Cup

JAKARTA - Sigit Pamungkas can only accept the decision of withdrawal of Markis Kido / Hendra Setiawan from Pelatnas PB PBSI in Cipayung. Double coach he could not do anything because previously had promised to allow them to be independent at the end of the year.

For Sigit, Kido / Hendra are the main provisions became coach for success. Who would not like to train the best players as they Pelatnas. In fact, until now they are still the best in world badminton.

"But I've promised to them. I have fulfilled that promise by not holding them back from Pelatnas," said Sigit to Jawa Pos yesterday (22/12).

According to Sigit, Kido / Hendra is already expressed intention to resign since last August. The desire comes after PB PBSI did not send Kido / Hendra to the World Championship in Hyderabad, India, as Kido hypertension problems.

"I was trying to restrain him. I want them to survive until the end of the year. Therefore, the time bear if back then. At that time, I promise to give up their withdrawal at the end of this year, "said Sigit.

According to Sigit, holding Kido / Hendra remain in Cipayung also will not produce maximum results. Because, Kido spirit was much decreased in the practice since he was convicted of ill hypertension. "I am more secure their release, because they promised would enter the national team if called upon," explained by Sigit.

The best couple's retreat, of course, makes Sigit have to work extra to improve the ability of the coating. The closest target is to appear in the Thomas Cup in Malaysia, 9-16 May of next. Couples staying Sigit hope could be the successor Kido / Hendra are Bona Septano / Muhammad Ahsan and Rian Sukmawan / Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki.

For long-term program, planned pair Ahsan with Yoke (greeting Yonathan). Meanwhile, Bona will paired with Rian. In addition, promote pratama Double Angga Pratama / John Rendy Sugiarto.

"I've prepared the draft. Currently, I am just waiting for the board's decision related to my plan called Anga / Rendy," Sigit call.

Separately, Hendra justify his decision to resign with Kido from Cipayung. Hendra not deny that the real difficulty is Kido. But, as a partner, Hendra was hard for me to part with Kido.

"I have been together since junior Kido. If I did not come back, very difficult for me to find a partner. I had to start from scratch, because it must match the game, character, perception, and many other things," said Hendra.

Because of that, 25 years old shuttler countered that decided to stay with Kido. Though, the consequence is the need to withdraw from Pelatnas. "We've thought about it carefully. I think, is the best decision. Moreover, even outside Pelatnas, we still can defend the national team," said Hendra.

#23 Sandy, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Sandy, is it google translation? Some of the wording & sentence sound weird. Do you have the link to the original article?

5. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Oh, the original was much better. Basically, Sigit said he promised to let MK/Hendra leave end of the year, all this has been in discussion since Aug 2009. And MK/Hendra promised they would be willing to give their services if need be - for team events.

The above para can be paraphrased as "I've prepared the draft of plans. Currently, I am waiting for the board's decision on the plan to include Angga/Rendy in the national team."

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Well, as far as I am concerned, this is all the National Team needs to hear... :cool: Let them be independents for the rest of the year, but as long as they are willing to fight for their country when they are needed, that's enough! ;)

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
  9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

If Sigit Pamungkas has decided to recruit Yohannes Rendy Sugiarto/Angga Pratama (and perhaps Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan) into the Pelatnas main team and to swap Rian/Yoke with Bona/Ahsan, it will indeed be a challenge for them to be proven SS holder winners in the short-run.

However, I think Rendy/Angga and Ulin/Berry need to have some exposure in IC and GP level tourneys first starting next year. They are our two top U19 pairs and can be considered two of the top junior pairs in the World as well, judging from the results of AJC and WJC 2009! Let them build up their rankings and credentials first!

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    honestly
    rendy/angga is much better than ullin/berry in my opinion:)

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Meski berada di luar pelatnas, pasangan juara dunia 2007 ini tetap bersedia membela tim nasional, termasuk jika dipanggil ke tim Piala Thomas yang harus menjalani babak kualifikasi Asia di Thailand, Februari 2010.
    ”Kami siap membantu tim nasional karena masih ada impian kami yang belum tercapai. Kami ingin merasakan merebut Piala Thomas, juga medali emas Asian Games. Kami juga mengincar juara All England,” katanya.

These words should re-assure us. They still have the desire to win the Thomas Cup, All-England, and Asian Games Gold Medal. The remaining major trophies that they have yet to win.

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, Ulin/Berry has always been a permanent pairing and in IMHO they have proven their worth, esp in WJC where they lost the final match in such a dramatic fashion :cool: They also won the Dutch & German Juniors, Auckland IS, Laos IC, also won at least one Sirnas titles, competing in the Open category.

As for Rendy/Angga, the only 2 tourneys that they were paired up for were AJC (which they won) and WJC (SF). Angga was paired with Ryan Agung Saputra while Rendy was paired with Mohd Rizky Delynugraha for the Sirnas tourneys. Unfortunately, both pairs have yet to win any titles.

No doubt, these 4 players are the best junior doubles players we have at the moment. Angga also tend to play well in mixed, winning another Silver at the WJC.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    i have watched both pair in both ajc and wjc
    atleast at this moment,i believe rendy/angga is better
    let see how they fare in future;)
    sorry for off topic

14. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Hopefully hendra will stay and play with another partner.IMO,chandra and hendra will do well.

15. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Hahaha........yes with all these problems they facing,...still can beat KKK/TBH badly in Fresch Open, SEA Games MD final.........really something to pround of...well done MK/HS :p:p

AS for KKK/TBH.........they shd be very shameful :eek:.........somethings is very wrong with this pair...:(:(

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Our Boleh shuttlers ... you know la ... cannot pressure them. Cannot set high expectations. Cannot comment about their performance. And coupled with excuses like taking part in too many tourneys, too much travelling, injured (but can go to Singapore for shopping) etc etc ... at the end of the day what we have is a bunch of mentally weak and pampered Boleh shuttlers.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

While going a little bit OT here:
    I am pretty sure fans from other countries will like to welcome Koo/Tan since they are not accepted by MAS fans themselves. You should be thankful that you have a World Class pair that can still win titles :cool:

Despite their shortcomings, even I can say that Koo/Tan have done well this year, winning 2 SS and 2 GP Gold titles, finishing runner-ups in 2 other events, and a bronze medal in the World Championships.

Please keep the discussion to the topic of the thread. Discussion about MAS shuttlers can be directed to the respective threads. Thanks.

#37 badMania, Dec 24, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  18. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Thanks, badMania.

As for MK/HS....I think they will still playing as a pair as club player or independent players ....right...? ;)

19. kittymimi

kittymimi Regular Member

http://www.jawapos.co.id/sportivo/index.php?act=detail&nid=107222

Hendra Setiawan, "Kesetiaan" kepada Markis Kido Membuatnya Meninggalkan Cipayung

Demi Ambisi Mengantarkan Indonesia Juara Piala Thomas

Keluar dari Cipayung, markas pelatnas PB PBSI, dianggap banyak orang sebagai tindakan tidak nasionalis. Tapi, Hendra Setiawan melakukannya demi Indonesia agar bisa segera kembali merebut Piala Thomas.

---

Pembawaannya tidak berubah. Gaya bicara Hendra Setiawan tetap kalem dan tenang seperti biasa. Begitu pula ketika dia mengabarkan akan mundur dari Cipayung di pengujung tahun ini.

"Keputusan mundur itu saya pikir sudah menjadi keputusan terbaik bagi saya, juga Kido," tutur Hendra dengan nada datar.

Sejak Agustus lalu, Hendra mempertimbangkan untuk meninggalkan pelatnas. Tepatnya, ketika Kido divonis mengidap hipertensi. Akibat penyakit itu, Kido/Hendra tidak dikirimkan ke kejuaraan dunia di India.

Kido paling sakit hati dengan keputusan tersebut. Sebab, berikutnya juga ada aturan tegas bahwa Kido harus bertanggung jawab atas keselamatannya di lapangan. Artinya, jika dalam satu pertandingan membela nama Indonesia Kido kolaps di tengah lapangan karena penyakit tersebut, itu akan menjadi tanggung jawab pribadi, bukan PB PBSI.

Hal tersebut membuat Kido kecewa dan mulai memikirkan untuk meninggalkan pelatnas. Hendra tidak mau ketinggalan. Setelah mempertimbangkan banyak hal selama empat bulan, mereka memutuskan meninggalkan Cipayung.

Bagi Kido sebagai pihak yang sakit hati, meninggalkan pelatnas mungkin tidak begitu merugikan. Tapi, Hendra yang sebenarnya tidak punya masalah untuk tetap di pelatnas harus meninggalkan banyak fasilitas dengan keputusan itu. Sebagai pemain pelatnas, dia tinggal berlatih dan bermain. Jadi pemain mandiri, ke depan dia harus mengurusi semua sendiri. Mulai membeli tiket untuk perjalanan mengikuti kejuaraan sampai menentukan jadwal latihan.

"Memang benar, Kido yang sebenarnya bermasalah dengan kondisinya. Tapi, saya sudah memikirkan dan memperhitungkan secara matang untuk mengikutinya. Keputusan tersebut memang sulit dan berat. Tapi, saya harus memilihnya," ujar Hendra.

Mencari pasangan baru bagi Hendra ibarat memulai semuanya dari nol. Dia harus belajar memahami permainan, karakter, persepsi, dan banyak hal lagi tentang pasangan barunya. Jika apes, bisa-bisa prestasinya makin tenggelam meski tetap berada di pelatnas.

Kondisi tersebut membuat Hendra yang berpasangan dengan Kido sejak masih junior di Jaya Raya itu seolah menjadi pasangan sehidup semati. Mereka bercita-cita tetap berpasangan sampai pensiun. Sikap keras Kido dan kalem Hendra tidak membuat hubungan mereka renggang. Malah, itu saling melengkapi dan membuat mereka semakin kompak.

Kecocokan itulah yang membuat Hendra mantap meninggalkan Cipayung bersama Kido. Bukan untuk diri sendiri, melainkan Indonesia. Alasannya, dia belum sukses bersama pasangan baru di Cipayung. Performanya akan lebih terjaga bersam Kido. Dengan begitu, mereka tetap bisa diandalkan di Piala Thomas 2010 yang diselenggarakan Mei.

"Mas Sigit (Pamungkas, pelatih ganda pria, Red) menggaransi kami masuk timnas jika bisa menjaga performa. Pergi dari pelatnas, salah satunya, saya putuskan demi terus memberikan sumbangsih untuk Indonesia," papar Hendra.

Lalu, ke mana mereka berlatih setelah berada di luar Cipayung? "Untuk sementara, kami akan berlatih di Jaya Raya, klub yang membesarkan kami. Tapi, ke depan, kami memilih jalan seperti yang lain, yang berada di luar pelatnas," tegas Hendra. (fim/ang)

20. andalusia

andalusia Regular Member

student
    hope their decision to quit National team will give a good effect in Badminton professionalism