Tribute to WS greatest ever player: Susi " the Ballerina" Susanti

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Yoppy, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    But Susi wins much more tittle than Gong. That's why I will say that Susi is still better than Gong.

As I said before that Susi was not so good as a teenager despite her experiences at early stages, that's I think why she couldn't win 1 medal in major event at that time. But again as I said before, after that she's improve and later in early and mid 90's she won many major tittles. So I would say that it's so ridiculous to judge her as a weak player just because she couldn't won any as a teenager, while she is rated as one of the greatest, based on what she achieved in her prime. It looks like that you do not even want to take a glance at her prime time --when she was great-- and judging her only by her lost in earlier time --when she was not so good already-- and later when she was declining --when she was lost and overtaken by Gong Zichao.

I agree that there's no way to said such a word to a great player like LLW. But in detik forum you also said that Susi is weak and a looser. Don't you think that an insult to her ???

#61 drquick, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  2. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    I said "queens" just to describe them as greats WS player because they won many tittles too.
    Ye has been ellected to the World Badminton Hall of Fame.
    Bang is an Olympic Gold and Silver medalists.
    Tang is an World Champion.
    Huang Hua is World Cup Champion.
    That was just a few of tittles they hold.

3. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    How can you tell us to forget about the world cup if the winners of these annual events are among the best players at the time. Even though it's not held by IBF and the H2H are not record by BWF but definetely it was a prestigious tournament where the TOP players are compete and willing to be the champion. Just take a look at the winner my friend !!!
    Here's some of the list :
    MS
    Liem Swie King, Han Jian, Zhao Jianhua, Yang Yang, Ardy Wiranata, Heriyanto Arbi, Sun Jun, Lin Dan
    WS
    Han Aiping, Li Lingwei, Xie Xingfang, Wang Yihan (all my queens expect Bang SH ;))
    MD
    Liem Swie King, Park Joo Bong, Li Yongbo, Ricky Subagja, Rexy Mainaky, Cai Yun, Fu Haifeng, Markis Kido, Hendra Setiawan
    WD
    Li Lingwei, Han Aiping, Ge Fei, Gu Jun, Yang Wei, Zhang Jiewen, Gao Ling, Huang Sui
    XD
    Christian Hadinata, Ivana Lie, Park Joo Bong, Chung Myung-Hee, Liu Yong, Ge Fei, Nova Widianto, Lilyana Natsir

I'm sure when we see the champions here, there's no conclusion that this event was not taken seriously by Top players.

For your last reply I agree that China have produce much more young star then any others countries in badminton :)

#63 drquick, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  4. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    Oh yes.
    Can you tell us what is the golden, silver, and bronze era of the badminton WS ???

5. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    The Golden Era : an era (1982 - 1989) which has the fiercest competition among WS players, where Susi & BSH (then become OG Champ) can't even win 1 title. Not so sure about TJH (then become World Champ) before 1989, but in the records, she also can't even win 1 title in 1989, when she was 20 y.o. Huang Hua and Sarwendah (runner up in WC 1989 and 1991) also can't win even 1 title (CMIIW). As a result : LLW win over 5 players that dominates "the silver or even Bronze era" :p. LLW win 5 titles in a row in 1989 when she retired at the age of 25.

#65 Fortune, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  6. bh185008

bh185008 Regular Member

to Yoppy and other Susy fans (including me)

as to respond to what FORTUNE has said..i only have 1 word

SING WARAS NGALAH

7. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    OG and WC is prestigious bcoz both events offers highest ranking points. World Cup : no ranking points, no H2H counts, number of matches won didn't count, so World Cup also prestigious ?
    Many players played in World Cup just to respect IBF invitation. For China player, why they have to take it seriously ? Look at 2006 World Cup Champion Wang Yihan. She only considered as B - Class player by CBA. that's why this tournament had been stop ! :p. If many top players have high motivation to win World Cup, then World Cup still continued until now :p. http://www.badzine.net/news/2011-china-badminton-league-team-rosters/11018/
    China produce much more badminton super star than the rest of the world combine altogether

#67 Fortune, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  8. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Did they start together ? Sure, bcoz Susi not in the same era with GZC. If they start together, I don't know what would happen to Susi :p
    Then why she can't win even 1 medal in major event @ Golden Era despite WC 1989 held in Susi home ground ? Bcoz Susi was too weak compare to LLW and HAP, right ? :p
    Susi only improve a little bit, after PBSI set her free from WD / XD, and focus in WS only, while CBA still do it (WS still play in WD and or XD). No doubt Susi can improve. When CHN WS players focus in WS only, what else left for 25 years old Susi ? World #1 ? OG champion ? World Champion ? :p
    If she is not that weak, so what is the reason ?
    If she is not that weak, so why Gong could overtake Susi while Gong also play in WD and XD ? Why Gong could slaughter Susi easier and easier ? :p
    If you are nice, I will be nice too

#68 Fortune, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  9. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

What fact?? your bla bla that i ignored?? you call that fact?? look boy.....get a mirror, if you cant find one, i dont mind sending a big one for you (Cos i know a small mirror wont fit your head)
    I did not create this thread for a debate, whos the world best, cos i know it will stir a debate. All my innitial intention merely was to create one since there is no specific thread about her. Thats why I call it a "tribute". My apology if the title says "world greatest ever", but it was my best opinion. Are we clear now??

By this no mean im afraid of any debate, SUSI SUSANTI is world greatest WS player EVER!!!

Bring it on mommy boy....!!!

10. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    oh Fortune, why are you so against Susi? has she done something bad to you like beating you 15-0 15-0?

11. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    donotfeedthetroll.jpg

You're talking to a fella who insists that All England is not a prestigious title. Whaddya expect? :confused:

#71 Jagdpanther, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  12. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    I'm just presenting the fact. If susi not good enough to become the greatest, then blame the fact, not me :p
    Since when WS players using 15 x 3 scoring system ? :p

13. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    So it is not a fact ? Which of my post that are not a fact, yoppy ? :p
    When you said about something or someone that are against the fact, surely it will stir to a debate.
    Just make it simple. Do you have the fact to support your claim ? :p. If no, then I also can say Han Jingna or someone else as the greatest WS ever...other member also can say, Hisako Mizui as the greatest ever :p

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..speaking of the AE, if i recall correct, i also remember one of the posters in this thread (not Fortune) also mentioned (to an extent), in another thread/post, that the AE is not one of the major or prestigious titles in badminton simply because Taufik hasn't won it....Yeah, tell that to the many LCW fans..:eek:

15. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Then to Lin Dan, Malaysia and Indonesia Opens are ******** tournaments because he never won it.

Taufik never won All England after 12 attempts, there's a good reason for it. Needless to say more.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i wish if i can find or locate that post(s) by the member who mentioned it..

17. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    no matter what is your judgement to Susi but she's one of the greatest badminton ladies badminton player. also she had won the gold medallion at the Barcelona Olympic Games same with her husband.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think the contention here is "one of the greatest" isn't the same as simply "The Greatest", the former may be more acceptable and less provocative than the latter claim. As for me,I'm neutral because I haven't set my mind on who is The Greatest WS of All Time, the jury is still out; whatever it is,the choice is personal and subjective even for players of the same era though arguable and more justifiable based on their results,let alone of different eras. Peace.:)

19. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Susi is history. Back in the days when badminton was not popular worldwide and other players got no access to the best training and technology of the sports. Even I do question Rudy Hartono and Morten Frost achievements back as not so great because it seems like they are the only ones who know how to hold the racket and hit the shuttle properly while others dont because they do not have the privilege to learn that philosophy.

Now is different. Everybody can train and groom themselves into a good player as long as they have a good coach and funding from government. Just like tennis, I used to hear Serena Williams and her sister dominate the scene back then. Now when other countries pay more attention to tennis and hire better coach and revise their training programs, the sisters are no longer that good. You hear some random player coming out of nowhere from Nicaragua (just kidding), Czech republic, Italy to cause upsets in any grand slam tournament. And now we have Li Na a one hit Chinese wonder who
    won the french open.

The one I would say right now that it is in contention for the title "The Greatest"; "Tian Sha Di Yi"; "Terhebat" whatever you call it are the players from China.

Lin Dan is no doubt the reigning "The Greatest" and I do not see in 100 years anybody can even get as close to him.

As for the women singles who are in contention, well disagree with me all you like, for this present era:

Wang Yihan
    Wang Shixian

ps: (both have 6 good years ahead of them and their title collections are already damn impressive right now)

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

OK,for Rudy Hartono,he's too far back, I can somewhat or grudgingly concede you on that point (but it may still invite criticism).

As for Morten Frost,he is a contemporary of Zhao Jianhua and Yang Yang, the former I consider one of the all time greats, how can all three not be qualified as great players, I find hard to accept? Maybe you only mean to say MF not so great but that's only your opinion, though I admit I place ZJH and YY slightly above him.

Lin Dan,I happen to concur with you, he is The Greatest of All Time - not expecting everybody to agree with me,naturally. However,to say he cannot be surpassed in 100 years, that's an excessive claim methinks, just for the next 20 to 30 years is good enough for me.

Women Singles,well, I'm still undecided, there are a few candidates I've in mind and I'm not saying who they are as any names I mention or omit will inevitably elicit arguments for or against. Let's not do it here,perhaps somebody might like to start another thread for it (oops,it'd provoke another war of words over there).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.