Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. jon_91

jon_91 Regular Member

Student
    for me kkk/tbh are still the best pairs in MAS md....during hk open...they are more stable....fuzzy keep smashing also no use...giv away easy point...if u all say fuzzuy is the best....why they have to play till 22-20 although kkk/tbh look like giving them training + little smashing???.....they only noe how so scream during smashes....so wat....in the final they should be winning...lead lead the give easy points....+lyd tired....i never see this fuzzy pair as the 1st md... or a better paor...twk/razif better then them...

2. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    i slightly disagree, fairuz and zakry are almost, if not as good as KKK-TBH... Zakry esp is a good player, a thinker on court, he can really play amazing shots to outmanouver opponents... But i agree, Fairuz needs to improve, he is very erratic, maybe as he said, due to their eagerness to win that final... Fairuz kept making errors, and Zakry was the one that was more stable...

KKK-TBH, from what i've seen in recent performances, i think have begun improving again, and looking alright... Hope they can really hit top form in the SS Final.. So they're going uphill again... hehe... The way they beat Kido-Setiawan (ignore the injury claims), according to the stats, was good... Keep it up!

If KKK pair with Zakry, wow... one net master, one thinker and back player... worth trying out...

3. snail85

snail85 Regular Member

student
    well said. i agree with you

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well...finally...i have some support here...;)...fuzzy the best???:rolleyes:

5. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Well, I've just finish watching the Semi of the Hong Kong SS and what a disappointment from KKK/TBH. It is obvious that KKK/TBH is the stronger pair, Fuzzy has lose defense and often get killed by just one hard smash from TBH, also their fire power is weaker in contrast, and it takes them smash after smash to kill a rally.
    Who really beat KKK/TBH is not fuzzy but themselves really. Their arrogance body and facial expression pretty summed up the result from the beginning.
    If only KKK/TBH could have the Fuzzy's attitude + their skills, or vice versa, Malaysia would simply has 2 of the best MD in the world. What a shame.:(

6. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    I have never watched a more boring badminton match than KKK/TBH vs Fuzzy... it literally put me to sleep. It has been the only badminton match I have ever EVER deleted from my collection... SERIOUSLY, it was like watching average club players(with faster pace only) play with numerous unforced errors that were like jokes.

I even kept my MD match featuring Canada vs Korea in the Thomas cup... even that match was way more interesting than the KKK/TBH vs Fuzzy match(what a waste of disk space).:mad:

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

have u ever watched a more nicer baddy matches award wining drama series who scoops 5 titles in the grammy awards directed by mr Li?:D during the all england 2008 final and the OG08 semi final? not to mention the 'actor' name:p;)

8. Isegrim

Isegrim Regular Member

@bananakid
    It was the same to me!!
    I deleted it directly, too :D

9. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Hey, at least the so-called 'match fixing' actors/actress were really put in some effort in making it sort of 'real'... especially how Lin Dan would try to imply the idea that he had a bad knee during AE 08, and he still was doing some diving implying the idea that he was still trying. I found it funny enough to remain in my badminton match collection.:p

The KKK/TBH vs fuzzy was showing no heart whatsoever... the crowd was dead and probably most of them were taking their afternoon nap or something. You have 2 arrogant players on one side showing no interest in the match, and 2 short guys(who look like junior high school kids) making silly errors... WHAT A MATCH!!!:rolleyes:

10. jon_91

jon_91 Regular Member

Student
    i agree with tht part....very obvious wat...even my uncle tht do not understand badminton also say kkk/tbh the more stable pair o wat ever...moreover he is a singaporean....they cannot have thier attitude...c zakry fast his team mate also wan to show that kind of face....sure kenak beat if offcourt with samseng...haha...really hope kkk/tbh can jump up from thei slump n win the SS final tittle...+more confident nexy yar

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

your so called short guys who look like junior high school kids eventually reach the final and actually did gave the favorites korean pair a run for their money.;)
    just inches away from clinching the title.:cool::rolleyes:

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think he meant the look, not their play.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha...i dont want to add oil into fire...but...fuzzy have their own thread...please have a visit in there...not here...

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

oops, again, this one is turning to be Fuzzy's thread, LOL.
    The "2 short guys" did beat Tony/Chandra in 2008 Indonesia SS to clinch the title. In HK, they beat the other Korean pair - Cho/Yoo (this was the pair who beat Tony/Chandra in round 1), to reach Semis, even though they're not in top form.

#874 eaglehelang, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Rexy: Generosity costing players Thursday, 04 December 2008 By : K.M. Boopathy This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
    MALAYSIA'S doubles players are at times too generous and this is costing them.
    National doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky said this can only be stopped if the players start believing in themselves, battle hard and stop throwing away chances that could have earned them titles.

Rexy added that the 21-point scoring system leaves no room for players to relax and their intensity must be maintained if Malaysian players wish to remain consistent.

Consistency has helped Indonesia's Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan and Jung Jae Sung-Lee Yong Dae of South Korea win five titles each this year, while Malaysians Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong only have the Macau Open to show.

Compatriots Zakry Latif-Fairuzizuan Tazari are marginally better with two Super Series titles.
    In the recent Hong Kong Open, Kien Keat-Boon Heong eliminated Markis-Hendra but fell to Zakry-Fairuz in the semis.

In the final, Zakry-Fairuz matched Jae Sung-Yong Dae shot for shot but it was the mentally stronger Koreans who triumphed.

"Our players are on par in terms of skill but are all a little too generous, and opponents have capitalised on this," said Rexy.

"The current scoring system doesn't leaves room for players to relax and trailing by anything more than five points means certain defeat. Our players sometimes do not finish off a game when they can.

"We have seen our players work hard for points and then suddenly you see them conceding five points in a row. However, it must be said that it's never easy to earn points from Markis-Hendra or Jae Sung-Yong Dae as they work hard for their wins.

"The error margin must always be kept low but our players commit too many unforced errors. This is because they don't really believe in or follow their game plan.

"The younger players must also work hard and utilise every chance. They should look at Yong Dae as an example. He is only 20 but shows maturity and confidence before and during a match which allows him to produce his best. Yong Dae would not have become an Olympic champion so young if not for these qualities."

The Korean partnered Lee Hyo Jung for the mixed doubles title in the Beijing Olympics in August.

The consistency of Kien Keat-Boon Heong and Zakry-Fairuz will come under scrutiny again at the Super Series Masters Finals in Kota Kinabalu on Dec 18-21 where the world's top eight pairs will be competing.

http://www.bam.org.my/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=774&Itemid=1

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  17. giant

giant Regular Member

student
    this is their last chance to show they should not split right?

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    just relax...they wont split for now...;)...but many want them to be split...those mistake maker in hko final...they applause...koo/tan...they blast...so fair...see how rexy comment abt them...:rolleyes:

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think rexy is scraping the bottom of the barrel for excuxes. He make it sounds like his players are new to the NSS. Didn't kkk/tbh won their touted AE title under the NSS ?? no problem back but problem with the NSS now?

Now, how many tournaments left for kkk/tbh to prove themselves??

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Please read again...this are pointed to fuzzy...some said mas number 1 md...;)