Arcsaber Z Slash vs LiNingN90I?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by RKesler17, Oct 29, 2011.

1. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Well you might well be right, or they could have had both intentions in mind (record & sales)... who knows? Of course they wouldn't have produced a racquet solely to break a record. Anyway, my point is that the racquet is definitely not a "beginners" racquet and there's no evidence to suggest that the arc-z doesn't improve power. But given that smash records, be it Guinness World Records or tournament statistics have continually increased in speed ever since records began my money would be on the new technology giving players the extra power. I remember when Simon Archer had the previous record for the fastest smash (google says 260kph), comparing that with the 421kph of TBH I would say racquet technology would have contributed to that to some degree.

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I think it's a combination of improved training meaning that both improved racket strength and strings that can go 30+ pounds means smashes are getting faster. As Yonex haven't used TBH or borrowed FHF and put a ZSlash in their hands, it's impossible to know what they would do with it. The cynical ( read: twobeer ) would probably a argue there's a good reason for that.

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    definitvely :D .. And to continue my cynical view, is that I think the abscense of comparative test from YY with different models, different players, competitors models, actuallly says as much, as the tests say :p

To me real speed recordings of smashes at real tournamnets is a more interesting indicator of rackets (and players) power..

#23 twobeer, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  4. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

If anyone has realised Kenichi Tago switched the to Voltric 80 around August and now he has switched back to the Arcsaber Z-Slash
    Personally for me, I think my smashes are faster after using the nanospeed 800
    a factor is the Nanospeed has a thick frame as the Z-slash has a slimmer frame letting the swing speed of the racket faster than that nanospeed.

5. rikrydle

rikrydle Regular Member

Consultant
    I love Z-Slash and is still longing to buy one if the price is right considering a brand new VT80 cost much lesser than an older model Z-Slash. TBH probably was so used to Ti10 that his experience and expectation of rebound, speed, angle all went hay wire after using Z-slash. I have no prior experience with other high end YY so wielding Z just improved my game straight away and converted me into a wrist player with speed and accuracy rather than using arm strength as with most beginners.
    Switching to VT80, my timing was out, delicate shots are harder to push, defense was slower however overhead and backhand clears are more accurate and easier to execute. But my forte is smashing and dropshot with sound defense. So I'm just like Kenichi Tago, and not a LCW.
    Tried G2 Ti10 recently and found it to be easy to handle and above average on all aspects but nothing spectacular so I have bought Ti10 LTD since the price is attractive.
    BTW tried LN N90II before, flexy shaft with high repulsion power on well timed shots. But not as fast as Z. Price is ridiculous and makes no sense although I do like it.
    Pls give feedback as a Z user and your level/style of play. :)

6. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

The Z-Slash is an amazing racket if you get used to it

7. Koyori

Koyori Regular Member

Tago using z-slash and executing some of the great smashes and backhand shot.