Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I think Tan Sri Elyas Omar is open to the idea of becoming the big boss of BAM if there is enough public support.
    So, here is one theory you can put to the test. Just go around, everyone, to canvass support to appoint our honorable and distinguished Tan Sri Elyas Omar to take over as president for life. No such thing as a mere advisor for that will be "chicken".

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Pardon me for asking,why for life? Once the appointment is for life,it becomes entrenched, habits,style of management become set, everybody will want to please him,when something goes wrong and he doesn't think so,what can you do but live with it unless you dare to oppose him publicly. Sycophants and toadies will tend to sprout and accumulate around him for their own benefits.I think 5-year term subject to renewal is better and safer.

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Salute to TSEO for he dare to go public.

He should be first candidate for the presidency

but I don't think he wants to be president.

Maybe he has someone in mind :D

4. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    It would be very interesting if you can tell us why for life?

What if he can't make it happen like in 1992?

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    If he can whip the fatty beer belly and the gambler, maybe still got chance on the next one. ;)

6. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    And that would be.....?:D

7. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Look, he's old but still wise

and an ex (so he knows what kind of person to lead)

so chances he will put someone in

and who I really don't know.

I was guessing :D

8. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    I agree with you.
    There is no doubt he still very much passionate for the sports, but because of his age, there's only so much he can do.

In my mind, he might prefer:
    - someone (other than the current management team) who's capable and trully understand the sports well to be given the opportunities to steer BAM into the right direction. And maybe, a one-head coach strategy be adopted
    - to contribute his services and counselling as a advisor or mentor. That way, the new person in charge will have the additional backup support from someone who has done it and been there

9. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    BAM alive here in BC threads?

Hey Taneepak, are you in fact really Ng Chin Chai? So free to write over here?:D

10. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Yes thats possible :)

Beside that he needs something really really big to make it happen

and its already giving the impact at the moment! :D

11. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    BAM Exco Members

Does anyone know who the Exco members of BAM are? Who are they who elect the current president year in and year out?:confused:

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    ....none other than our own...Limsy...Haha...just joking after a session of satisfying badminton.

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

[h=2]NOT MOVING: Elyas takes association's present officials to task for being stagnant[/h] FORMER BA of Malaysia (BAM) president Tan Sri Elyas Omar has lambasted the association over the dismal state of badminton in the country.
    In direct reference to the association's present president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Salleh's leadership, Elyas said those concerned have failed to raise the bar despite being given ample time.
    Elyas, who was president between 1985-92, also offered a helping hand to manage the sport. "How much time should we give those who have failed despite being around for 12 years? When I was president, I gave myself three Thomas Cup editions to win the title and achieved it in 1992," said Elyas in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.
    "If one fails after a targeted term then a new face should be brought in to manage badminton. We gauge the strength of the sport through the Thomas Cup, where at my time we had a host of good players to depend on.
    "Logically, we should be making progress but we are not. We do not have a solid foundation and to start with ... we need academies."
    He said priority should be given to developing an all-round formidable Thomas Cup squad.
    "They first need a complete overhaul in terms of structure, management and training programme before they can think of developing a solid Thomas Cup team," said the former Kuala Lumpur mayor, who also chided BAM for making wrong decisions in development.
    "Maybe their way is not the right one although they think it is the best one.
    "BAM must be held accountable for everything. The BAM leadership must be sleeping on his job as despite claiming he could bring in funds, we do not have a huge base of players. We cannot depend on just one or two players as if they go, someday our badminton will be nothing.
    "BAM needs to develop a huge base of players of the same quality on par with the world's best."
    On whether he was willing to govern the national association, Elyas said it is a tough question but it depends on the majority.
    "I am old but it is up to the badminton fraternity and fans. The fate of badminton should be decided by the public and not by one person," he said.
    On the recent resignation of former Olympic medallists Rexy Mainaky and Yoo Yong Sung as coaches, Elyas said it was a bad sign.
    "I believe something had happened as they left so suddenly. It is a huge setback," he said.

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I would agree with you that when a teacher is gifted with a bunch of talented, hardworking students (with the right DNA, as Epak said, like the Koreans - btw, I have high regard for my Korean friends I know here for their attitude, etc) then teaching is a lot easier to do. But why NBB or OBT. Migilin7, you are in UK, so enlighten us on your choices, maybe you know something that we don't...or another of your super jinx theory at work here....NBB has been out of baddy or at least not in the news, just because he won AE 2X with 2 different player, that made him a great player back then, but what's gives that he can coach pro players now and 30+ years since he last played.

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Don't you think that post sound like BBN? :D

16. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I soon be retiring here and plans to go back to KL, may needs something to do to keep my mind active and occupied...since I love baddy and seeing what NCC makes, well...if someone nominates me, I will take the job with 2 years contract and give 10% commission (that is the standard rate as I recalled I heard from someone that a certain big shot is called Mr 10% in MAS) to whoever nominates me. And I boldly promise I will restore MAS baddy to the glory past, win OLY and all, and if I fail to deliver, I will resign after 2 years and balik to Canada....with my pocket rich and laughing all the way to the bank:D

17. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    guys if u are bam president, what will u do now to improve badminton in msia?

18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Ok, if there are so many talks on money making in BAM

(until OTB also has the interest to be nominated :D),

just where the hell are the money making opportunities coming from?

Sponsorship deal?

19. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

I am guessing that MISBUN SIDEK will be next BAM President. HAHAHA