Olga Konon

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by metalmon1188, Aug 10, 2008.

1. lindaweni

lindaweni Regular Member

student
    I'll support Olga and hoping that she will replace Camilla martin :)

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    she need to beat tina R. first:D

3. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    folks, come over, she's playing in Berlin this weekend:cool: actually she's the only reason I gonna go there to watch a german badminton league event LOL :eek:
    Anyway, her web page wasn't working, so I asked badzine to remove the wrong link:D there is no new one, gonna ask her where she is hiding it:cool:

4. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

Olga needs onsite coaching, she was alone when playing against lady Pi in FO.
    She might have won the 1st game.... best luck to her.

5. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I am sure Olga will be able to create threat to the chinese WS in the future. If so, there will be more interesting matches in the future whenever Olga is playing against any chinese WS. :D I would like to watch Olga to challenge all the chinese WS. Haha.. :D

6. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    what about her XD skills?

sometimes it looks to me like she is doing better in mixed matches than in her single battles.:cool:
    But maybe it's only because of her yoyo playing in singles. She's playing best if there's nothing to loose, either in the beginning if she's the underdog or later in the match if she's almost down. :confused:
    the main problem seems to appear when she start's to play 'safely' when having a little advantage in a game and she stopps the attacking play.
    I hope she's not working on her new nickname 'Ms Yoyo' :eek:

7. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    was watching her today - in singles she won against Juliane Schenk who is ranked a little better - but she needed the rubber. Schenk was out of steam in the rubber, I guess simply because she played the WD just 1 hour before the WS match :eek:
    Olga played the mixed match later much better, her skills on the net and reflexes are great:D

8. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    2 victories on Sat but not going to HK

what a pity, after she did quite well during European SS tour in Netherlands, Danmark and France, she is not going to China this week:mad:
    On Saturday she played quite well, beating higher ranked Juliane Schenk for the first time in 3 games and later on she won the mixed match while showing her great skills on netplay and reflexes.
    to me it still looks like she is better in XD than in single matches:confused:
    the link if you understand german::D

http://www.badmintondeutschland.de/...esiegt-schenk-im-bundesliga-spitzenspiel.html

9. lexluthor1975

lexluthor1975 Regular Member

IT Consultant
  10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Why she's not participating in the HKG and China Open?:confused:

11. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    Hi George, just figured out why she was not traveling to Indonesia last week. You know that I always complain european countries to not let their talents play in SS. Now they even did the worse - what a mess. They organized the european team cup event last week while the top event of badminton was held in Jakarta. Crazy, I don't know what was crossing their minds when doing that. Same fault as it would be to have German tennis championships while the Wimbledon tournament is running! It is simply a mess - donno what we can do to replace these organizers? Any idea is highly welcome!
    So due to that schedule Olga was playing this european final event - she delivered very well and even took a victory in WD when playing european champions.
    She is not injured and obviously doing well - hope we can see her in SS events soon!
    the link to latest article is this one:
    http://www.badzine.info/index.php/n...club-champs-reuter-delivers-saarebrucken.html

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

LOL, my that that post was was back last year. :D
    Anyway, thanks for telling me why she did not participate in this year's INA open.;)

13. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    she is a massive talent but she needs to participate in more big tournaments...

14. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    I know, but I keep an eye on her:cool: so I checked out her thread after I was missing her again and figured out that it needs to get updated LOL:D
    Anyway, I guess for the WC we can have some hope to see her. Hopefully also in doubles or mixed tournaments, from what I have seen, she has a huge talent for that:cool:

15. press100

press100 Regular Member

Science Officer
    I just read from Badzine that Olga will applying for German citizenship. So will she be playing for Poland @ Germany teams?:confused:

16. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

confirmed. See below.

http://www.badzine.net/features/20-questions-for-–-olga-konon-germany/8851/

Words of wisdom, especially answer in A10.

@kuwichert
    Now we know that why she isn't well exposed in internationa; thournaments. Anyway, she is playing for Germany now, aren't you excited?:p:p:D

17. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    that's new, just got it from Badzine as well. I didn't know that there was some trouble (as it sounds like) with the Polish team. It's also somehow strange - but good for players - that it is allowed to to play for 3 different countries in team tournaments - anyway, good for her.
    For the German team it is also good, she has beaten Juliane a couple of times already, and for me she is the better player compared to Ms Schenk. But important for the Baddy world would be if she is enabled now to play some more tournaments and can join SS. So it looks that we gotta keep an eye on her, and with some success it will hopefully push Baddy a bit more in Germany - we can't trust the knight, we need the girls!

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Both the Polish coaches leaving was a good indicator (the Korean coach, now headcoach of Netherlands and the russian woman now back in Russia) ;). Can't find the thread were we previously discussed it ... maybe Bitburger thread? Not important anymore anyway ... lucky Germans: perfect replacement Schenk for Xu Huiawen and Olga for Schenk in WS2.

#38 demolidor, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Hoping that Olga could raise the WS players' standard in Poland

Yes, it's lucky for Germany and Olga Konon. But it's not good for Poland though.

I was hoping that Olga could raise the WS players' standard for Poland. Now that Poland is without Olga, who are the other Polish WS players who could replace her as a strong WS player at tournaments?

#39 chris-ccc, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  20. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    Poland has only some good mixed pairs as far as I have seen. By the way, Olga I think is also a very good XD girl. Anyway, the polish didn't take her in the team events, so there should be someone they do consider the better one.
    anyway, I don't care that much about the German team, but for Olga it's the best she could do at the moment, and that should be good for baddy fans all over the world. that's it, good luck - hope she fixes once in her life the homepage LOL