Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Yeah cause the weight isn't exactly on the head.

2. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    Fair comment but what I really want to know is why the manufacturers don't produce the pro version for mere mortal consumption and send them out all over the world so people who want to buy them can buy them :confused:

3. wning

wning Regular Member

BS-12 KR*P is similar or = to LYD in SPEC...I don't believe KO wants to use his partner's signature racket;) He might get his own soon or later.

4. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    To whoever that claims you are not getting the exact bravesword12 that international players use. Kindly...please kindly stop spreading this untrue statements. I have held lyd's and gedeon fenaldi of indonesia's bs in my hands and even used for a general stroke session...it is completely the same as the ones sold in the market.....thats ofcourse if you purchase the originals!!! No such thing as a different spec sold in the market by victor, i can assure you!!

5. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I've mentioned it before and I will again. I believe it's just cherry picked for a preferred BP and stiffness from the regular BS12.
    I did something I already regret just an hour ago....I sold my XP70 to a buddy who ended up breaking his racket today! He liked the feel of my XP70 so much that I offered it to him without thinking :-(

6. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...Anybody-want-a-KRP-coded-Bravesword-12-(BS12)

Check it out.

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

It is completely non-nonsensical imo, if they are going to special make rackets, to make everyone play with a BS12 [​IMG][​IMG]

"KANE IS ABLE!"

9. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    You may well be right but its more wood for the fire. But how come these special rackets are coded KR..P ?

10. stang1

stang1 Regular Member

Ill be honest, having owning 2 of the KRP's, original BS12 in blue(sold) and 3 BS12N's, i can safely say that there is a difference.

The BS12KRP's are definitely more head heavy, more robust in build and stiffer compared to the normal BS12. You can feel the difference in heaviness once you hold the KRPs.

Now, The BS12N however is tricky. It definitely feels stiffer than the normal BS12, but somehow gives a vibe that it is more headlight? Thats just my personal uptake on the racquets.

Overall in all, The BS12KRP is a nicer racquet to play with. FYI, I have strung all my racquets with 25lbs-27lbs of NS30 string and stringer. weight wise, they are all around 1-2g difference in weight, mainly the BS12N being off the chart of 3g over my lowest weighed BS12s

FYI, my 3rd unpictured BS12N is 240753. So I presume I have significantly reduce most of the possibly factors to gain a unbiased view of the racquets. Then again, this is a personal interpretation from owning these racquets.

http://tinypic.com/r/2lnxo93/5 => do not know why image isnt showing.

#610 stang1, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  11. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

I'm not sure about Victor and how they work in Korea but in Indonesia, Yonex printed the IP (Indonesian Player) code to supply those rackets to PBSI. A trusty source once told me that these IP coded rackets are the factory "pre-selected" batch by different/higher standard of QC. Furthermore, once these rackets reach PBSI, there is one more step of QC to be done by PBSI players and those rackets which pass the QC will be pierced/marked at their butt caps.
    The IP coded rackets with small holes at their butt caps are supposed to be used by PBSI for their players and not to be sold in the market but somehow, "some people" in the organization may be able to do that.
    Anyway, Yonex is no longer a sole sponsor in PBSI as Indonesian players are free to choose their own sponsors, so the system might be changed.

There is no indication that IP coded rackets were produced in a different way in Yonex factory. As we know that certain parts of a racket are handmade and handmade products tend to have greater tolerance. Hence, the QC take care of it !

I believe a similar thing happens in Korea where those Victor KRP rackets are just equivalent to the IP coded Yonex, CMIIW...

#611 quixilver, Jun 23, 2013
  12. icey_drone

icey_drone Regular Member

Student
    Very fast racquet and user-friendly. I'm sure many will like this racquet and I'm not surprised its being used by many of the Korean team, namely Ko Sung Hyun and Lee Yong Dae.

Lightning quick which is good for net play, defense and smashes in doubles. For singles I'd opt for something within the MX series.

Those who bought the racquet will not be disappointed. Very affordable and adaptable racquet for anyone who plays competitively.

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

To allocate them to the right people/teams? Yonex rackets also have player codes like CP (CH), MA, IN, GP (GR), DP (DK). My presumption is that they are specs the local distributor doesn't stock (for the European anyway). Say Yonex UK only has a 4UG4 and a player prefers a 3UG3 or G5 they might send a special request and mark them with a UP code (not that I've heard of that particular one). Thinking along these lines since the 4UG4 of Boe and Gade are regular DK code and happen to be the spec that is available in Denmark.
    I know someone on BC has some of the GP codes but never released any details about them ...
    But most players are nowhere near as fussy as the average BC'er :D (in specified numerical details anyway)

Others also mention the BS12N feels a little more headlight compared to the commercial blue one (but probably more so because that particular racket was slightly lighter and no difference in stiffness) so did you ever have a commercial BS12 blue?
    Just reading back, j4ckie measured his "commercial" at ~295mm (which is hardly the 297 vs 288mm portrayal in the KRP SOSA shop thread). Others a guestimated 300mm and a measured 299mm ...

#613 demolidor, Jun 23, 2013
  14. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

KRP is supposedly 297mm +/- 2mm.

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The 295,300 and 299 are not for KRP rackets, just to clarify. And also to clarify that my reasoning about the Yonex (euro) *P codes are unrelated to Victor's use of special serials ;)
    I think I did notice some difference in the BKA logo on the KRP ones though ... and who knows they (SOSA) might just mean it is stiffer than a TW coded one(?)(what is the dot allocation?).

Funny to note though that the Victor KRP are supposed to be stiffer and the Yonex KP ones were supposed to be more flexible [​IMG] (and the CP stiffer and heavier)

#615 demolidor, Jun 23, 2013
  16. xianxun

xianxun Regular Member

Also the krp bs12 specs state that the highest tension it can hold is 35bls..rather than the normal 30bls.also if you see the pic before,the kba logo printed is also different between the krp and normal unit of victor rackets.

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The only clear logo difference was on the SW35 as far as the SOSA pics are concerned. Also the 35lbs is only in word so far and is also mentioned for BS10 KRP, yet the pic of the cone only has it printed as 30lbs. The stiffness indicator also attempts to show a difference but the non-TW commercial spec was already 5 dots ...

[​IMG]
    1245967468-ac-2001xf8x0600x0451-m.jpg

But I'll be happy to finally see some user pics of the BS12 KRP that our BC'ers have so generously shared up till now :eek:

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Uhm those are BS11 btw xD

19. stang1

stang1 Regular Member

I've posted the pics in my linky, seems that I can't upload it for some reason. Maybe file too large? Will re attempt. And yes, I've owned a normal bs12 in blue.

20. stang1

stang1 Regular Member

BS12.jpg

Above is the pic resized. specs is exactly the same as the BS12/ BS12N. I am definitely certain that the BS12N is not the same racquet as the BS12 that I had, nor are any 3 different codes the same in quality. just my $0.02