Broke Armortec 900 Power in a total of 16 hours game

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by qwerty777, Jun 14, 2013.

1. qwerty777

qwerty777 Regular Member

My wife bought me an armortec 900 power a few weeks back and I wrecked it in a total about 15 hours game. I think the main cause of it was when I scratched the floor once. :crying: £100 puffed into the air :crying:

It was quite surprising cause my nanospeed 100 and 300 still survive for 8 years now although occasionally hit the floor or whacked by my partner. My nanospeed 300 even strung at 26lbs.

IMG_6049.jpg

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    What was the string?N what tension u use?If u bought a UK,u can try to claim to your seller..n ask him to help u.Have u cut your string?

3. qwerty777

qwerty777 Regular Member

Yes I bought it in the UK...dont think the seller will actually do anything about it.

the string was the factory string (BG68ti) with factory tension (20-22lbs?)

4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

What's the code of it?If it's also UK,n in the suggested tension,it should be much easier to claim.If possible,u can ask other store owner that u're familiar to help

The seller won't do anything if u don't even try..

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Did it happend after the string was broken,n u left it without cutting the string off for at least a day?

6. qwerty777

qwerty777 Regular Member

i bought it from one of the official online store in the UK. the code is UK...unfortunately i dont know any store owner that im familiar with

nope...the frame broke first and the string snapped by itself afterwards (maybe due to the broken frame)

still think i got a chance to claim back from the seller ?

7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Yonex usually got warranty of 3 months from the purchase date.So,the main thing u should be concern when doing the claim,

1st,tension is not over than the recommendation.Since u said that it's around 22lbs or factory strung,then it should be no problem at all.

2nd,the more new it looks,the better possibility for a successful claim eg,no paint chips due to clashes,etc.

3rd,not over than the warranty period.

4th,when your string broke due to the frame brake,don't cut them.Because they inspect on what tension u strung based on the tension of the string on the racket.

So,if u felt that u fulfill all these terms,there should be no problem to get a successful claim.

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

EU consumer rules, the warranty must be at least 2 years. But definitely do not cut out the strings, don't touch anything and send it back to the store. Of course it is a little more difficult with rackets than electronic devices or something to repair :D, if the handle broke that is repairable, this should be replaced ... Sounds like it snapped at home?

#8 demolidor, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  9. qwerty777

qwerty777 Regular Member

oh no...i've already cut the string out but i believe i still have the seller receipt saying its not a factory upgrade... anyway, thanks for the suggestion, I will try to contact the seller...the company is one of the official online distributor for yonex so hopefully they have a solution for this. Thanks for the suggestion