Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    did anyone notice at the end of the final LD signs a paper with the RIGHT hand ?!!

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    now u mention it... I did see him signed with a right hand

in that case Lin Dance must be Ambidextrous!

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Lin Dan's parents insist that he should write and use chopsticks with his right hand

As far as I know; Lin Dan's parents insisted that he should write and use chopsticks with his right hand when he was very young. :):):)

#1543 chris-ccc, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  4. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Congratulations indeed to the AG2010 champ. Imagine if he takes the next WC and AE, the rest of the MS players will be left with.. reigning FO champion or reigning (fit any SS) champion. Make life difficult for the commentators :p

Now if he will start collecting all the premier SS titles just for the sake of it... :D

I'm not really confident the old TH is capable to test LD/LCW's skill/determination. There are so many rallies where the duo just continued after seemingly impossible retrievals. For LCW, there was a lapse in concentration in the 1st half of the 3rd set but he fought back respectably after the break. Down 1-11, there is simply nobody who stand a chance against a pumped up LD.

AG2010 will go down as one of the classic MS matches where the competitors exhibited great physicality, self-control, precision and utmost determination.

Yep, very different game today. The first time he showed this game was in AE2009 against LCW. LCW was still jittery from the OG2008 punishment. This one is pure mental. Practically returns everything LCW threw at him in the 1st game with impeccable defense. I think we are back to the era where MS is no longer about pure power play :).

5. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

LD won 4 AE not 3 right? LD should just play in AE and win it and no one can win as much as him..and he should take part in all the ss he havent won yet over these 2 years:)

6. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    chen jin is one example

its no more power or brute force

its attacking game

if you know what i mean by attacking

7. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    weeyeh: the game was an awesome display of physical performances with great, long rallies.. LCW and LD are both physical players with tremendous althletic ability... however, what TH was (lesser now) is a pure raw talent... he was never a great physical player.. it was his simple technique and eye of the game that i liked watching against the powerful lin dan... and other players in the arlier parts of 200*

Regardless. Congrats to lin dan.. WInning all the major titles now should seal it that he is the ultimate champion

8. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

It is very usual for Chinese parents to "correct" a left handed child when it comes to holding chopsticks and writting. It was taboo in Chinese culture to use the left hand for writting. There are many closet left handers out there

9. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Another note. LD seems to have found his respect for LCW. He went over to LCW's corner to hug him after the match. I dont know if he would have done so if he had lost?

10. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

who knows..he ma be devastated..and lcw may be the one who goes over and hug him:)

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..correct-a-mundo..
    ..LD has basically won arguably all of the individual MS major titles out there, yes, incl. WC and AE. Personally, i don't think LD will be focused on getting any more of the major individual titles, except the 2012 OG (if he and the coaching staff decide that he should go after). Retaining the team events (SC and TC) will be his (and the team's) focus in the future.
    However, next yr's WC is a bit crucial as there won't be another WC til 2013 (2012 is an Olympic yr). Imo, it's a good chance for Datuk LCW to win it as i don't think LD will really focus on that.

#1551 ctjcad, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I think LD will want to win WC11 as you said his last outing, to make it 4 WC and makes it very difficult for anyone to break his record. LD will go for AE (2 more) and IO11,12 (requisite for WR for OLY) and long shot MO too (just to add one collection he does not have).

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..2012 Olympic qualifying period runs from May 2011 til end of April 2012. He's not required to attend any of those tourneys, but yes, the 5 Premier Super Series (Korea, AE, Indonesia, Denmark and China Opens) are mandatory & carry a lot of WR points..I personally will be a bit surprised if he wins any more AE or WC. Maybe he'll win next yr's WC & 2012 AE, as they will likely be his last ones. LD missing the 2012 IO (held in June) will not affect his 2012 OG qualification pts ranking.

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I will not be suprised if he only plays the 5 PSS, Team events, WC and HK and China Masters. And that will be him for 2011. I am hoping to see him play at AE2011.:)

15. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I bet you LD will play and prepare hard for WC11, 2AE, the 5 PSS and of course OLY12. IO is a guess, if I am him, I would try it, really, the only rival is LCW (plays well in INA). Target all the majors and add to his legacy in this sport cos' after he retires, he would not look back and regret not doing so when he is still that darn good enough to win and best of all, limited opposition;).

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- Consider also the CBSL which will most likely be held again next yr. Let's see if its schedule (my guess is it'll be held in summer again) conflict with any of the PSS or SS tourneys. I know this yr, the INA Open & S'pore Open were "victims" of the CBSL.
    - OTB, even if LD doesn't win another major title until 2012 OG, it's gonna take a very long while for anyone to replicate or even better what he's accomplished. I'm sure LD is more than satisfied at what he's accomplished. Even if Sir Taufik wins the AE before he retires, and completes all the possible major individual titles like LD, he still falls short in comparison to LD in terms of the number of major individual titles garnered. So...don't be greedy lah; like eaglehelang likes to write, just share2 a bit lah with LCW, esp. the WC title..;)

17. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Record are made to be broken, but why tempt fate?...grab them all when LD can cruise along with no opposition (this is the best playtime period for LD, compare to the past greats of this game, that there really are no rivals within sight of the closest 18 month period, like a home run). Set a bar so darn high that almost impossible to break. Imagine LD being poster boy for Lining and lists out his entire major collections which are real daunting that sells everything.
    I would dearly like to bet with you, each tournament that you think LD would not play and I think he would. Exclusions are MO, Vietnam Open, Canadian Open, Batu Pahat Open, Batu Cave (you been there right?) Open and so so.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..isn't he on that stage already?..;)
    As for LD's current record/accomplishment, imo, it's gonna take a very long while for anyone to break it, if it ever happens; it's so high probably only LD could duplicate it if he comes back in another life...:cool:;)

19. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

You left out the Estate Open, many Malaysians lay claim to be Estate champions.

20. cadlag

cadlag Regular Member

researcher
    the post #1 should be updated. who can do that?