Panda Power: A Racket That Can Take 40lbs. String Tension!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by DinkAlot, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Well, used it today at 31 - power was good, and it wasn't quite like playing with somebody else's hand (but still pretty bad). The Rev gave me the most feel out of N95 I've seen so far, but that's like saying it was "poor" instead of "terrible".

VS850 next time - that should be a feel player's wet dream combination;).

2. bsmith

bsmith Regular Member

Engineering software developer www.elitesoft.com
    Mark, I was surprised that you tried NBG95 with the Revelation in a tournament. You have mentioned being a "feel monger" when it comes to racket/string setup. With the tournament in mind, was the hope that you would get big power with decent feel out of the N95/Rev combination? Big power and good feel is what we all want, but it sure seems like lots of other strings, even NBG98, would have given better luck on that. And while VS850 is renowned for its feel, you might be giving up some power, especially if using plastic birds. Those of us who have Revelations on order will be very interested to hear what you think is an ideal string choice to maximize both power and feel with the new racket.

3. Poseidon1985

Poseidon1985 Regular Member

Random Thinker
    Hello, are we going to get our Revelation before Christmas?

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I played it safe and went for power and durability, but next time it'll be VS850 @ 31. N95 doesn't seem to come alive at all unless I go way past my tension limit...

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Or you play with it so long you get used to the numbness ;) I asked one of the really good players in of my clubs why he plays with it, and the answer was simple - 'BG80 is too expensive if you don't string yourself, and I got a reel of the Nanogy when I stopped stringing' :D Although I would pick the BG65 over the NBG95 any day if durability was an issue (which it isnt - I break just as many rackets as strings lately >.<)

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Update

1. Payment for the Revs will be going in before the end of the week, so anybody else who wants to order should contact me ASAP so I can sneak their order in.

2. My computer's power supply decided to fall over yesterday, so I can't currently be reached at my usual email address; anybody needing to get hold of me should use the BC PM function until further notice.

3. A few people have decided to pay in advance, and anybody who does (or leaves a deposit) will have their name shuffled up the list and get the first picks in terms of spec matching.

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Had another couple of orders come in - any more for any more? One day left:).

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Update

Payment has just gone in for the UK/EU Rev orders - everybody who came to me with specs has had them submitted:).

The rackets will not be shipped to me until after Christmas, so I am leaving open the pre-order window until the day of shipment, but any orders that come in between now and then will require payment in advance. There will probably be headroom for another four or five rackets.

Many thanks to all buyers:),

M.

9. RSX

RSX Regular Member

Canada Pre-Order - $165

Hi,

MJ Strings (www.mjstrings.ca) is accepting pre-orders for the Revelation until the end of the year. Price is $165. Bonus if you pre-order I will include Free BG-65 Stringing. ETA is end of Jan/13.

Please email with any questions/orders (I don't regularly check PMs on BCF):
    mjstrings<at>yahoo<dot>com.

Thanks !
    MJ.

10. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Temptation was too big...
    Just ordered two revelation. :eek:

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I have room for two or three more orders until shipping time, but no more than that - leaving the door open in case people want to use the Christmas money;).

12. Randomlegend

Randomlegend Regular Member

School
    Girlfriend bought me one for Christmas <3

Thanks for helping her sort it out, Mark, she said you were brilliant.

13. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Lucky!!!!! Your girlfriend got you a great Xmas present.

14. wning

wning Regular Member

Hey Borbor,
    Another month go by. How is the racket now compare to your PPRO? stiffer than the PPRO? thanks

15. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

I sold the farm to make the rev my one and only racket that I am going to use for a long time. To me it just has that kick that i couldnt get in the ppro, and it's a tad more forgiving. Not to mention which i can play singles and doubles with it makes it a no brainer for the switch. Debating if i should stick with zy62 or go 65 or 67 and up the tension again.

16. wning

wning Regular Member

more forgiving (less stiff)? you mean the miss hit are not as bad as the P PRO which dies when you miss hit. I like the drive and smash return on PPRO...will the Rev. be the same or better...

17. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

Head is the same shape, sweetspot size feels bigger. Strung with same string, same tension.No clue why that is, just feels that way to me.Hard to beat the smash return of a ppro; ppros are beasts when it comes to that :)

18. wning

wning Regular Member

interesting, I am hoping the Rev. is a bit less stiff than my PPRO...

19. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

It def feels that way. I mean granted i changed my overhead stroke in the past month and the strikes are def more solid, but i still think the shaft is less stiff than the one in the ppro.

20. wning

wning Regular Member

very interesting...hope to try one out before ordering one..:)