2013 EUROPEAN Mixed Team Championships (12th-17th February, Ramenskoe-RUS)

Discussion in '2013 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Feb 7, 2013.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    There is a noticable lag at many times recently, more pronounced when replying with quote; the page does not begin to refresh and people hit the "Post Quick Reply" button again... and again... :D

I think the glitch will get cleared soon enough...

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yeah the lag is frustrating, but not nearly as frustrating as no being alerted to new posts (still haven't received an email for the replies in this thread :(

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Yeah, I know... :( I think it will take a few days to clear up... but you should be able to get real-time notifications in the top menu on this page when you're log in, though! :D

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Welcome to my BC experience :D. It randomly lags every day for years now, I have posted about it before and seem to be the only one with the specific problem that it will simply time out from loading at random. Through 3 different ISPs and two computers with different modems, routers and cables.
    As for notifications: turned that off a looooong time ago, now getting spammed with quote notifications :rolleyes: ...
    But this weekend there seem to be some issues yes, site was unavailable for a while as well at some point.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

DEN losing the WS and MS to GER wasn't totally unexpected but for the Danish WD Christina/Kamilla to do so to the scratched pair of Schenk/Birgit was shocking to me. Great job, Germany.

DEN without Peter Gade and Tine Baun will need their new blood to step up to the plate quicker, though JOJ and HKV aren't exactly new. I supposed Christina/Kamilla was under tremendous pressure to deliver in a must-win situation and couldn't handle it well. Either DEN were overconfident and overrated themselves or underestimated their opponents as a team. Team events are known to have a different 'logic' and game plan from individual championships.

There is always a first for everything. I believe DEN would come away drawing valuable lessons from this sensational loss and profit from it in future.