My BAG802AI from Japan

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by tckang, Oct 28, 2009.

1. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Take Line 10 to ShuangJing, exit from the B exit, walk past the shopping mall, and turn left at the second crossing. The BBE shop is there on the right hand side row.
    Join us if you free. The Indonesian friend i am talking about is Licin who is our forum member too. You may PM him also.
    All the best.

#41 tckang, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  2. Arief

Arief Regular Member

bro tckang, a quick question. this 802AI model looks exactly the same as 9826 rite?

3. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    The answer is yes and no.
    Overall the dimension is the same. But it stops there.

1) The material used is slightly different. The JP ones are 100% confirmed to be rain and water proof. Good for SEA weather. SP ones i never tried it under the rain before. Also, the material used in JP are thicker and rugged. And it does not attract that much of dust/dirt (white color).

2) In JP 802AI, the outside pocket is 2 compartment instead of one for the 9826

3) Internally in the racket compartment side, the JP ones has extra mesh type zip pocket, good for wallet, etc extra stuff.

4) The 2 back shoulder sling for the JP ones are "Contourly" designed to fit your arm pit/shoulder section comfortably. The SP one the slign is Straight down (same width top down) , just like a normal school bag design. Believe me, it feels different when u put them on your shoulder, especially with load.
    Just notice the sling section of my photo and u will know what i am saying.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=62475&d=1256733511

5) Lastly, the JP 802-AI can stand vertically straight up by itself (I am not saying leaning the wall). SP ones so far cannot. ;)

So basically these 5 points sums up the difference between 802AI and 9826 SP. Durability etc is also another thing.

4. Arief

Arief Regular Member

wah.. wasn't expecting a long answer.. thanks for the complete explanation bro tckang! I want either one of those bag.. but still considering which one to get, since the 802AI costs twice as much as 9826

5. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Does anyone own the TW, US, UK etc versions of this bag? Wonder how different are these versions compared to the JP bag? Presumably these versions are all made in Taiwan?

6. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Only the JP ones are code name 802AI whereas the SP,TW,US,CH, etc are coded 9826 (white). Why such i am not sure perhaps to seperate the above differences i mentioend even though at one quick glance they appear almost identical.
    based on the 9826 coding for other region bags, i presume it is 100% same like the SP coded ones, theoretically....;)

7. wang.cly

wang.cly Regular Member

student
    hai tckang, i'm planning to get the white one soon..
    But i will buy the SP not JP version, to expensive for me.. hehehe...

I just want to know, after almost 2 month you used this bag how is the bag condition now? is it easy to get dirty? because i am used to go with motorcycle.
    But i love white so much. T.T...

8. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Hi there,

I am using the JP one, not the SP one. The material i would say does not attract dirt/dust. After almost 2 months of usage, i put it anywhere on my house floor, on the badminton court floors, etc. The white color bottom is still perfect. Occasionally just a wipe using wet tissue and it is still like new today.

As for SP, i m not so sure as the material is different.
    Good luck in yoru new purchase.

9. wang.cly

wang.cly Regular Member

student
    thx tckang you have replied very fast.
    yup,maybe cann't just compare the sp and jp version. But overall you realy satisfy with your bag. How about the fuctional of the compartement? Still feel great?

oh ya,maybe there is one of you who have this bag,the sp version of course, can give review about this bag. Thanks...

10. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    The compartment is always nice and user friendly. Whats most important are the zips.
    Overall a very good bag, but of course it burned a hole in my wallet. Evil empire ........:rolleyes:

11. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

so long as you patronize them, you are part of it, so perhaps calling it Evil Empire isn't so appropriate?

btw, how much are they in wangfujing? did you went just sunday?

12. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Well well i don't deny that i am one of the Evil Empire "crew" :D :D :D
    You mean how much the BAG802AI cost in Wangfujing? Nah, in China you can get the SP version, which is the 9826AI. Cheapest i came across for 9826AI in China is around RMB400.
    Come to think of it, it's been more than 2 weeks i did not step foot in Wangfujing area. Fancy "catching" you some day there? :p

13. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Can you really get SP versions in Beijing? or fake SP versions? :D

14. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    eh , there's fake sp bags too ??

15. Arief

Arief Regular Member

yes you can.. there are quite a number of shops here who sell authentic Yonex products. some are quite well known like BBE Sports and BBE Shop.

having said that.. it's even easier to find those fake Yonex products :D

16. MetalOrange

tckang,

actually, been there once only in the winter, just after lunar new year. mostly i go there in the summer time (jul or aug) and it's mostly xiamen and beijing. so bumping onto you in wangfujing might not be that easy but i will sure look around for a bag obsessed guy on the fourth floor next time. wait a minute, you are not just obsessed by bags, right? many more i guess?

as i said before i don't really fancy bags but once you plastered that slick white bag of yours, i just got captivated. tks for your 'evil empire' innuendo:D:D:D. ah well, blame it to your paper fan first, SO I WAS IGNORANT FIRST THEN I REALISE THE REAL CLIFFHANGER WAS THE SLICK WHITE BAG!

ok, i thought the jp version in cn would be cheaper (but why not import it to cn, i wonder? i'm sure there'll be takers). normally, i go to jpn (tokyo only) quarterly but of course, ''those'' are not my priorities when in jpn EXCEPT for the special JP racquets; like Arc ZS and NS9900.

MetalOrange

#56 MetalOrange, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  17. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Hahaha no worries, i am not a Bag fetish man. :D :D :D
    Anyway, you will be in luck. The JP "slick" white bag i got it in Beijing is via taobao, but i buy it cash and face to face with that guy (nick: Camel). He is in the midst of setting up a physical shop in Beijing, selling only , i repeat ONLY JP Mizuno and Yonex products (shoes, bags, accessories, rackets, etc.) The shop is scheduled to be opened in Feb 2010 and no it will not be in Wangfujing.
    No worries, next time when you are in Beijing, PM me ahead and we can go JP equipment shopping in Beijing itself, in a physical shop.
    (Note: Most (not all) of Camel's JP stuff is cheaper than in Japan, especially Shuttle house, because Shuttle house products are local tax included. Hint Hint ;))

18. MetalOrange

noted with thanks.

talking about mizuno, i got 1 mizuno tc700 (made in jpn) when it first came out (however, it seems jpn-mades are non-existent everywhere else) and even now the tc700 in jpn is made in chn also:confused:, any ideas?

btw, if camel sets up shop w only jp yy & mizunos, that'll be (wait...would that camel guy be your equal bizniz partner:)? i know you can talk him out and it's great bizniz venture anyways) great, i like mizuno shoes (specially running shoes) and shirts.

19. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    JP BAG802AI Stop production

Folks
    The BAG802AI has stopped production. :crying:
    So grab it if you can still find them in the market.

;)

20. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    why ??? :crying::crying::crying::crying: