2013 Malaysia Open SS Final Day (20 January 2013)

Discussion in 'Korea / Malaysia Open 2013' started by etudiant, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

A low centre of gravity and a stocky build, not unlike Jung Jae-sung. Saina is (was) the same but she's put on a lot of weight ("fat" was the word used by some TV commentators).

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    He has been banned.

3. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    I wish our mods not only ban the regular troublemaker, but also delete his entire posts to make sure no one will ever read those rubbish.
    IMO, such respawning troll is no different than real life terrorist: they don't care if they got killed, as long as his messages is made known to the world.

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    LCW has already put the pressure to SDK as early as the first serve. LCW does not have the intention to rallying, because rallying is SDK comfort zone while LCW is in speed. That is why, LCW drags SDK to LCW's comfort zone which is speed and totally owning him in the first and second set. On top of that LCW class is way above SDK, not to mention SDK fitness level which is depleted. Furthermore, it is MAS open SS, LCW performed in front of their Home crowd, that is why he is performing as magnificent as possible. Malaysia Boleh, Janji Ditepati.

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    boooooooooo to the last sentence:p

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    limsy, don't get mad at me ler, since i am not PAWing for TZY, you should introduce me to her someday. :p

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    cannot,haha
    since u and me have different stand in politic:p
    but she dont know me either:crying:

8. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
  9. qabuz1

qabuz1 New Member

Hi Limsy, Do you know the shoes worn by Tai T.Y. in the finals?

thanks.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sorry,limsy never know anything about shoes,racket,shirt nor birdie:p
    i only know about pretty/cute girl or some badminton record;)

11. bigying

bigying Regular Member

ERP Consultant
    i think her flair, and love for the game transpired on her play and her emotions displayed on court, carried over to the audience in the stands. people enjoy watching enthusiastic players. it is almost as if they are on the court with the players. as badminton players, we love to see trick shots and fantastic angled net shots. this is what the game is about, not so much about the brute force.

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    so true. so true.

i am not too into the trick shots per se, but the enthusiasm and attitude counts a lot to appreciate the player's game, regardless of whether they win or not.

very stark contrast in this final between YX and TTY. YX was frowning most of the game, move and play like she is just another product of the Chinese factory, no personality, no flair, no expression.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

It sure doesn't hurt that she's cute too... ;) :p

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    For YX, it was her first SS final and she looked she was under heavy pressure to perform, for herself and the nation.

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Without any big tournaments in the next few weeks until AE, the forum has gone quiet.

16. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    Based on past experience, during calm times BCers will usually discuss (and occasionally battle) about players.

17. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    The Chinese factory is a mass production factory (like Toyota), after all, so the programming cannot be too far different for each model ....... wakakakakaka

Whereas other country's factories are, err, more exotic, low volume concerns ...... with more focused programming but could be temperamental or prone to breakdowns ...... I think the Italians used to call these things "character".

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u must have vast experience on this:p

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not exactly true that CHN is a mass production badminton factory. Look at Lin Dan and Li Xuerui, how different and exceptional, that's why they are top of the heap respectively; even Wang Shixian is so different from everyone else in the CHN squad, not to mention Chen Jin the typical runner, rallying type player.

And I wouldn't take Yao Xue's MAS final performance as a typical example. Even if she is the mass produced product, it must be scary that CHN is able to produce so many capable of going from Qualification stage to the final of a Superseries. In that final match,she displayed jittery,stiff and mechanical form more due to her nerves being the first time in a SS final coupled with her inexperience in international tourneys.

That said, I must admit Tai TY is not only much more experienced, she is also a more thinking and deceptive player to outsmart Yao Xue who has a lot to learn from her in those aspects; the same goes for many other CHN WS players with a few notable exceptions such as Han Li who is also a second stringer if I may say so but she was able to beat Tai TY in the KOR Open PSS the week before. Likewise I think Sun Yu who overcame Tai TY in the recent WJC is a different kind of player from Yao Xue. As for Tai TY she has lots of potential being still relatively young and only a little more than three years in the international circuit;she will rise further in the next 1-2 years.

IMHO, CHN has a variety of players with differing styles; occasionally a few of them even transform themselves, say Du Pengyu who used to be the rallying 'mechanical' type but now becoming a more attacking, all-rounded player. To use the car market analogy, CHN is the high quality mass product factory cum top-of-the-line niche producer, just like Toyota has their Lexus.Just my 2-cents.

20. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    Actually no need experience, just simple thinking...
    [NORMAL CASES] No tournament -> nothing to discuss -> going to players' thread instead -> yada yada yada -> tournament day -> now can discuss.

Or:
    [UGLY CASES] No tournament -> nothing to discuss -> going to players' thread instead -> yada yada yada -> some ppl praise their fave players too high / invade other players' threads + boast / flame -> fans of "opposing team" get irritated -> battle -> ppl report -> mod intervene -> thread closed / some ppl got banned -> tournament day -> now can discuss / continue the battle there.

:eek::(:rolleyes::cool::p