Yonex Nanoray 700 FX / 700 RP (NR700FX / NR700RP)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by demolidor, Jun 30, 2011.

1. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Is the NR700 aerodynamic (i.e. aero shaped)?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

^ More so than Arc, VT series, but not as much as BS series.

3. meteor

meteor Regular Member

I began looking into the Nanoray series as a potential move to head light from Victor MX70.
    I'm interested in the swing weight/BP/overall weight measurements you guys did on MR700FX/NR.

My reference (for perfect balance) is Carlton VT S-lite - SW:40.3, BP:300mm, Weight:90.6 - these are wet, strung with bg80 at 27lbs and factory grip ONLY.
    S-lite is amazing in defence but smashing is relatively poor - too flexible. I'm looking for a racket with similar sw but more attacking potential and the Nanorays sound about right. Cheers!

4. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    Sounds like NR700RP is what you are after. Weight is around that - I think from memory mine were around 93-94g with towel grip (heavy)

BP is around 300 from factory.

Shaft very stiff.

Lovely rackets, just break too easily for me.

5. meteor

meteor Regular Member

Thanks. 94g with tower grip is good weight!
    Breaking easily is concerning, did yours break as a result of a clash?
    I had a fairly recent experience with Carlton Kinesis, frame collapsed for absolutely no reason so I was put off. Superlative power AND speed I've ever experienced on any racket and wondered if the new generation Yonex head lights have a similar performance.

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    the difference between the two 700s are very very minimal to me. if i didn't play with the two 700s back to back, i would not have realized that the rp has a more flexible shaft...i think it's rp, the whiter color one and not the dark brown one fx?

ok i just checked and the fx is more flexible than the rp in my opinion, the lighter color racket. crap, now i'm confused because i always thought more repulsion needs more flexibility in regards to racket (not string)???

7. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Love this racket, especially when tied with NBG 98... massive repulsion baby :D. Only problem though, once you get tired... the shots will go halfcourt....

8. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    All did stem from clashes, some of them very slight though. Previous rackets I have owned stood up to more punishment.

Birgit Michels, German Mixed player seemed very surprised, bordering on annoyed, at her 3 rackets breaking at the London Grand Prix Gold through very slight clashes with her partner's VT80 (Michael Fuchs). Indeed I was surprised as well, until she gave one of them to a spectator in front of me and I saw it was a 700FX.