Badminton Player in Boxhill

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by Paye Lynn, Mar 22, 2008.

1. ShyYen

ShyYen Regular Member

BadmintonHolic
    thats where he normally books and is also unavailable, his trying monash..any further away and i'll :crying:

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    you can play at kilsyth:p:p:p:p

3. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

Left me out of the convo lol, i'll be trying to book at monash clayton tomorrow, apparently they only allow booking 2 days in advance.

Exams are really no excuse to miss thing :p you don't really study as much as you think or would like to, its quite normal (or at least for me anyway). Just do adaquet study to surpress your conscience then waste the rest of the time to your heart's content :D. I haven't actually started studying for my last 2 exams on the 17th and 20th :eek:...hey hey hey none of those disagreeing looks, i get my large share of HD's :D

4. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

Well for those who happen to live closer to Clayton...we're playing at Monash Uni Clayton campus, right now not many ppl coming so i only have 2 courts. But for those interested in coming lemme know :D

5. KC JACOB

KC JACOB Regular Member

Merchandiser
    Looking Forward to play in Melbourne

Dear all,

I'll be settling down in box hill around mid July 2008 and have been wondering whether I can continue my favourite sport there as I always enjoyed the game. I am quite pleased and surprised to see there are many badminton lovers in Melbourne. Can't wait to play this exciting sport there.

Just for personal interest, what brands of racquet, shuttlecock and strings do you all normally used there? How much does it cost to string your racquet in Melbourne and any recommendation on the stringing shops around box hill?

Thks and looking forward to meet new friends there.

6. ShyYen

ShyYen Regular Member

BadmintonHolic
    Yonex prob is still the fav brand around as its the one mostly sold. $20 for stringing mostly and Sports stadium at Boxhill central.

7. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

We're actually using AS50 and Aeroplane Black, i've tried some other shuttles but found for $$$ purposes these ends up being the cheapest. Mainly because they can withstand a hell lot more mishits to the feathers :D. And yes most ppl end up with a yonex racquet, i tend to promote ppl to buy those :p

8. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    At my club the racket that are mostly used are yonex and apacs while the shuttlecocks are RSL and apacs. The stringing can cost between $10-20 depending where you string in the area. You don't have to worry about not playing because there is always a social on everyday near box hill.

This is my opinion, I checked stadium sports a few days ago and checked out their prices on badminton stuff and was shocked to find that rackets and shoes where soooooooooo high. I think currently there is a trainee stringer there because i never seen her before and someone was teaching her how to string. IMHO don't go to stadium sports if you want to buy badminton stuff, just go to online shops that sell stuff because their prices are so much cheaper.

#48 phandrew, Jun 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  9. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

Well the thing with Stadium sport is their racquets are genuine AS coded racquets, the price won't be as low as any asian imports for sure, because australia has a high tariff on these kinds of goods. So for record stadium sport would be cheap if u wanted the AS code, but if TW/SP is fine then there are other dealers around which sells them cheaper (btw i don't think its actually legal since yonex does import racquets here) :D

I don't think new stringers are always bad, especially if its a girl, i'm sure she pays a lot more attention to what she's doing than the experienced stringers :p and if she's cute i don't mind her stringing my racquet slowly, while i stand and watch and talk to her ;)

and for those interested we're back to box hill next week from 11-2 with 3 courts, and 1 extra court from 12-1, its getting harder and harder to book more courts around now :( msg me if interested

10. KC JACOB

KC JACOB Regular Member

Merchandiser
    Thanks for the advice. Do you know whether they can do the stringing using my own strings (yonex BG65) I bought and how much will they charge as compared to using their strings? :confused: I consider myself as Intermediate player and hope to enjoy this sport over there as much as I have enjoyed in HK. :D

11. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Stadium sports does also sell TW rackets which is weird since they should be selling AS rackets. The stringing cost $15 labour if you bring your own string. You get 20% off the string if you buy the string from stadium sports when you want to string your racket.

I also had a look for yonex shoes and to my utter shock the price of SHB99 was $200 while SHB100 cost $180.

12. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

Actually yes i noticed 1 TW racquet when i was there, which was a MP100, i don't think it'll be illegal to sell a TW coded MP100 in australia in a real store, since its been discontinued years ago lol. I didn't check every racquet, but the few racquets i was looking to buy were all AS coded. I don't think you should be surprised at the shoe costs, the price for a good pair of any sport shoes in australia would be around 200+. I got 2 pairs if SHB100LTD for under 100 each :D

Btw i'm from HK too :) but i've been here almost 2 decades now, makes me feel old :(, but i do speak fluent cantonese :D

13. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Lucky you franco, I asked many shops if they had SHB100 in size 13US and i came with no luck. Even stadium sports didn't have SHB100 in size 13US.

14. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

Hahaha i have small feet, wearing like size 8-8.5. All my stuff came in today :D 2 pairs of SHB100LTD, Arc10, AT900T, another MP100, and a MP88 for my sister.

15. Emperor19

Emperor19 Regular Member

Hey Moggy,

Im quite interested in playing social but Ive kinda lost track of where/when/what day the sessions are. Do you currently have a lot of players?

Im intermediate level, live around the balwyn area.

Let me know if you guys need numbers.

Cheers!

-Ed.

16. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

Hi we're playing at Box Hill Aqualink from 11-2 this sunday, i've have no idea how many ppl are coming at this time hahaha :eek:

17. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I won't be coming this week but next week is a definite. I might also bring my brother with me as well.

18. ShyYen

ShyYen Regular Member

BadmintonHolic
    Should be getting a new raq so time to flog off my MP88 =) Franco, help see how much people are willing to bid for it..hehe :D

19. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

I offer you 5 bucks, and you better throw in free restringing too :p

20. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    You already got 5 rackets franco, don't think you need any more so play with.