Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Agree. But doesn't it remind you of AT600? Hmm....

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

enough, but not really. i just want to know if its even/ slightly head heavy, and if is maneuverable. supposedly its cai yun specific, so yeah.

3. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    My mistake. I was think about N77. Haha...:D

But from the advertisement photo. Cai Yun isn't hold the N33....

4. tinned_ham

tinned_ham Regular Member

further to that (and perhaps slightly off topic...?), Li Ning seems to be a little inconsistent with advertising who is using what racket. Cai Yun doesn't look like he's holding a stock N33 (i can't remember where i saw it, but i remember i've seen what you're talking about before Gemcat). now if you look at this thread: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71370 of the pics of the Li Ning booth at the Singapore Open, in the 2nd/3rd pictures from the top Bao Chunlai and Du Jing/Yu Yang on the posters seem to be holding the wrong rackets - in fact by their colours, BCL is holding the racket that was meant for DJ/YY (blue Storm N77) and vice versa for BCL's racket (red Storm N70). this is also apparent on the official Li Ning website: http://intl.li-ning.com/badminton/. check BCL's match photo though (about a third of the page down at http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71368&page=5 -> thanks to Sealman for that) and it clearly shows him using his red Storm N70.

:confused: confusing...? i think so.

PS. just looking at the Li Ning website again, Cai Yun's racket is indeed white/silver, but the one he holds on the same page as the racket made for him (the Rocks N33) has tinges of red in it.

5. altreality

altreality Regular Member

Li Ning Rackets

To be honest, I am really keen to try out their rackets and attire...
    However, S$489 is quite a bit to pay for a racket, even if its their top-end one... top end Yonex made in JP (lets forget whether its better or not) where costs are higher etc...
    If Li-ning rackets are made in China, then I would be keen to understand what accounts for the additional costs. Top end Kason never costed more than $150 in my memory..

The clothing also quite pricey - some t-shirts/shorts at S$89. That's more expensive than most nike/addidas stuff (with Dri-fit/climate etc.) ...

My view is that they want to come in a big aggressive way and stun the world - which is quite good and successful. Look how people are interested in them, but the pricing will kill them...

At less than $300 we see clones of YY rackets... it would be interesting to see clone/fake Li-ning rackets...:cool:

6. cephas_chan

cephas_chan Regular Member

For those in Singapore, you can visit Mustafa, level B2 where their sports section is. I saw they have the full range of li ning products there. Rackets, shuttlecock, grips. But too bad, all the li ning rackets are tagged with the plastic security card, so the actual feel of the rackets are not accurate. Not cheap though, the price i saw is around S$259.

7. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

full range? i tot at there only selling li ning low to mid end racket only... they still dun hav their high end or N series model over there yet...

8. modious

modious Regular Member

Fyi

Mustafa does not have the full range Li-Ning rackets yet.

9. cephas_chan

cephas_chan Regular Member

oic. the N is their high end series. I din really go thru all the rackets there but found that they are quite prominent as they in brand-new red colour.haha.:D

10. Johnson0204

Johnson0204 New Member

Li Ning products

I do agree with some of the views on the web regarding the prices of Li Ning badminton products. But on the other hand I must admit their products are bringing badminton to different level. I bought two t-shirts, one short, one pair of shoe and two rkts from Avivia open booth, last week and used the equipments last week end. I manage to get N-90, I was playing with Yonex AT 700 and Nano 9000, I was really surprised with the feel of N-90, Its really much much better than Yonex rkts, more smashing power may be shaft is not as stiff as Yonex rkts, and the rkt seems to be well balanced and game become more enjoyable. Drops were controlable and even clear was excellent. Over all I can say N-90 was the best rkt I have ever played, Same thing was with the shoe. I am basically a yy fan and first time realised that some one else can really create products better than YY. I hope they continue the good work and bring badminton to different level. Even for the badminton players its good to have some one like Li Ning in badminton market to compete with Yonex and top class players will earn more money from the sponsor ships and will able to retire good life, similar to top class Tennis players. The second rkt I bought was their lower end model Ultra Carbon UC 2200B, Let me honestly tell you even this rkt is compare able to any of Yonex top end rkts. Well done Li Ning. If possible do something to your prices, they seems to be a bit on higher side. I fully understand that good product cost more but we badminton players want to use it, We also need to afford ......... Li Ning. Anyway well done. First time in any super series tournament world wide, Yonex player didnt win even one of the five titles. Is'nt its great with in one month of introduction in the market. Wish Li Ning good luck.

11. szekt

szekt Regular Member

WOS also has Lining products but again none of the high end rackets; just saw it today when I made a trip to WOS Toa Payoh. Also saw Lining shuttle (practice grade; duck feather) for about $26 ( if I remember correctly)

12. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Hmm...sounds pretty biased; the players who won ie Chinese players were only recently sponsored by Yonex which had been pumping in money for their training previously; Lining merely "grabbed" the Chinese players ie the fininshed end products, get them to use its rackets (maybe with better sponsorship deals or all in the name of nationalism?) and so, win this "Racket Brand A vs Racket Brand B" competition. ;)

It is all about talent and hardwork on the part of the coaches and players....the name comes in only if for example, players who train under the "yonex technique" get beaten by players who train under the "Linging technique"; wielding a Lining racket and beating the crap out of someone who is using a yonex racket does not make Lining rackets superioir to yonex:)

13. Johnson0204

Johnson0204 New Member

I agree with your opinion that its not the Rkts what matter most, its the class of player what matters. You could see this time so many players were using Victor, Head, Carlton, FZ and Gosen also. What does it mean? Yonex rkts are also similar to other brands and player's capability matters most? One more thing we must remember, Yonex is the strongest in badminton and no one have challanged them before and players were scared to change the equipments but slowly they have realised that Its not so difficult to have similar or better feeling rkts from other brands? or Other brands have come out new Technology....? What ever is the truth, I think it will be better for game of badminton as a whole... before that Yonex have monoplised for too long and if you see the living standards of previous badminton champions compare to other games, I really feel sorry for them.

14. szekt

szekt Regular Member

I like the idea that yonex may not be able to monopolise the badminton market like before; in fact for the good of the sport, I dont think there should only be one dominant brand; however, I suspect the poor living standards of previous players you alluded to were more than monopoly by Yonex.... I think it is mainly somehow, badminton as a sport is not as widely embraced as other sports eg tennis, golf, etc as in developed countries like UK, US, European countries; you need consumers with high spending power to buy badminton products, revenue from TV broadcast rights etc to spur the development of badminton.

15. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Oops, just realised my previous threads are a bit off topic...got carried away...sorry guys!!:D:D

16. Johnson0204

Johnson0204 New Member

I understand what you are saying, But most important point what I want to make is, Now atleast top 100 ranked players will have reasonable market value and will have choice. Even for all the main suppliers, they will have to compete for market cake. Let the fittest survive and as a consumer we will get out of competition, both price and quality and who ever wants to be there on top will have to work harder. You can see in Tennis the development is much faster and better, because of competition. Lets see what happens in next two to three years.

17. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Guo Zhendong still use an ArcSaber10 with a Li Ning logo stencilled on the strings...

Attached Files:

18. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

you sure? that does not have the inner white rim of an arc10... it could be like an N77 or whatever the FU hai feng specific racket is.

19. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

hmm i think that is not a arc 10... if u see the frame white colour line there's a word li ning in the middle... it shld be one of the N serise...

20. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    That's the N50.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@tinned_ham: Cai Yun is holding the the N70 in his N33 advertisement. :D

#120 Gemcat, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009