Victor Thruster K 8000 (TK8000 / K8000)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by apachesun, Oct 14, 2012.

1. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Really? I tried my JJS last week and this thing is just purely raw power. Compared with the F9, this one lacks accuracy though.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

You should really measure the bp and weigh with a digital scale each racket before comparing them. Otherwise variations of a few grams here and there have a huge effect on the swing wt of a racket.

For simplicity sake, you could use

Bp*Wt/675mm

to compare.

3. apachesun

apachesun Regular Member

Student
    I just got my TK 8000 last week
    Its Taiwan code , 3Ug5 strung with bg 66 Maxima @25lbs

Weight : 93 gram ( original grip and without string)
    Stiff: Its say 3/5 , but its not really that kind of flex as BS 12 , its more feel like arc saber 10 in terms of stiffness

My review on this racket overall 9/10

- Power: On first day i tried ,the power of this racket is incredible until now BUT that day the game was quite bad i did a lot of mishit , cant even jump smash properly. I dont think people who are using stiff racket will love this racket especially when they are trying to smash/ jump smash with huge power , UR POWER GONE
    I also dont believe what i say , but this is what i feel , ( u cant stretch ur arm at the back hold the power like hard hitter usually does , to explore the power I found that i need to WHIPPING the racket to boost the power maybe cause of the catapult effect )
    there is an UNIQUE feeling when u smash using this racket, the shuttle drive really really fast if u are using this racket

I found something interesting about this racket : Its HEAVY but u wont get tired so easily using this racket , like z force does . Its saving ur power a lot .

- Control is superb too , how should i put this in words ?? HMmm , maybe same as Nanoray 700RP
    - Angle is great if u used total wrist , if u are not wrist type player then the angle is good
    - Maneuver is quite fast as long u can handle the weight of the racket , defend is just good

- Extra point : by using this racket , UR LUCK INCREASING .....
    HOW ?? its either tap /hit the top of the net which u always want to APOLOGIZE to ur opponent :D
    I feel strange , how come it continuously hit the top of the net , hahahha

I also realize about the quality of this racket is lame as Z FORCE
    for Z force : the paint quality bad , is happen for tk 8000 too ( lets the picture talks )
    ( the paint off /peel when i do defends/smash by hitting the frame)

DSCF0160.jpg DSCF0164.jpg DSCF0166.jpg

If u think my review is useful and helpful please DO some LOVE by clicking the like this post
    Thank you

#303 apachesun, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
    Sundis likes this.
  4. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

A very nice racket judging from apachesun's review.... but the paint quality is a big question mark....

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    There's a bit of what I suspect are stickers on the frame e.g. the black chip with white base layer. As I have 2 small chips in a similar area on the frame from attempting to defend against smashes.

6. victorgabriel1

victorgabriel1 Regular Member

Hmmm tempting... ill prolly stay with my jjs though since it brings me all I need. Are you planing on being in montreal any time soon?

7. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    It's very liely that i will be reviewing this racket very soon. I am currently testing the Lightfighter series and then will see what else there is to test in Victor range.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

8. wning

wning Regular Member

Can someone compare this TK-8000 to the MX-60 or MX-80 please

9. Kalen

Kalen Regular Member

Order on its way!! Ill also be reviewing this very soon. I have mx80 too so I can make a simple comparison between thruster and mx80. I can als9 compare it to vt80 since mx80 and vt80 are imhp very similar.

10. apachesun

apachesun Regular Member

Student
    this racket much more suitable for single player rather than double player

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

VT80 and MX80 are very very very different...the Voltric is very noticeably head heavier and softer. TBH there's no Yonex racket that's similar to the Mx80 and no Victor racket that's close to the head heavy Voltrics. Perhaps the TK8000 might be similar to the VT70, but I haven't seen anyone compare the two so I can only guess...

12. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I like to know it compare with the VT80

13. sraoo

sraoo Regular Member

Student
    I received this racket 2 weeks ago and after frequent use, I am certainly impressed. My overall power has increased (from smashes and drives) due to the added acceleration of the racket-head. However, I noticed back hand strokes are difficult to execute accurately, which may be an issue of technique. Defense performs fairly well and since I transitioned from the VT 70, there was hardly any difference in timing since rackets are similar. One aesthetic and quality concern is paint-chipping, though. I haven't clashed rackets with a partner before but I noticed a chip from an unknown cause (potentially induced by shuttle contact or floor).

I use this racket for singles explicitly and I rate it 8.5/10. I hope my concise review provides insight to potential buyers.

#313 sraoo, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  14. Inconsistent

Inconsistent Regular Member

Student
    So I recently received 3 Victor TK8000s, I've switched over from Yonex Armortec 700s which I've been using for the past 5 or so years.
    My first impression of them was that they were very light weight, compared to my Armortecs but the flexibility is about the same. The weight in theory should be the same as all my racquets are 3Us but the distribution of the weight felt more even balanced then heavy balanced compared to my AT700s.
    As commented by another poster, the paint chips very easily on this racquet, I have one that is already chipped in a few spots, but I am uncertain whether it was from mishits or I got them like that.. I guess I didn't thoroughly inspect all 3 of them lol.. -.-

Onto actual game time, I string my racquets at 29x31lbs with VS-850, using a towel grip (not really sure if anyone cares lol). I came from using AT700s with BG80/65 so it's not a direct comparison as I've switched strings but it should give a general indication of how the racquet performs.
    Drives- were easy to do with the lighter feel of the racquet, nothing to really complain or brag about here.
    Clears- About the same as usual as well, nothing really distinguishing but overall good.
    Drops- Same as the above
    Defense- Perhaps this was a bit easier then my AT700 just due to it being more balanced but I wouldn't say its a significant increase lol.
    Smashes- Now this is really where I noticed a difference, not necessarily the power of my smashes but the weight of the racquet. I was getting good smashes out of the racquet, though I was finding it to be very light after trying out an AT900P.

Overall I think its a very good racquet, I don't feel like I've lost anything switching to the TK8000 from my AT700. However, I am a firm believer in equipment not really making much of a difference in your performance and more so to your skill. So don't go out buying this racquet thinking you'll smash harder or anything, however if you're looking to try out something new or would like an awesome looking racquet, then the TK8000 is a good choice lol.

15. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    It is sad to hear many complains about the paint easily chip off... what a letdown...

16. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    It's not about rackets having some magical ability to make you smash harder or defend better or whatever, but finding a racket that supports your playing style and physiology.

17. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Many ppl fell into the marketing gimmick... the catapult effect which makes you able to smash harder!

18. kennyscj

kennyscj Regular Member

non of the rackets come with prefect ability. Choose the right racket for your playing style and make it more advantage in your game.

19. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
  20. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Yeah..quality control??