Glen Waverley Sat. 7:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by ashley, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Nooo Andrew gonna team up with me Vien - because I did all his washing of his stinky wet badminton clothes from the weekend - he owes me a BIG favour now, well just lucky I didn't get his jocks in my bag too:p

2. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    ughhhhh, u put that sour grape powerade drink in the photo - I will get all artistic and puke over it in a minute :O

3. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    You're getting your drinks mixed up .. its the purple powerade thats the grape flavour :)

4. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Guys - when is the next tournament? i hope i can get my 1st trophy in Oz soon.

5. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Do you mean in Victoria .. or anywhere in Australia? ... and as far as i know, there is no other tournament for 2010 .. you'll have to wait till 2011 for the next tournament.

this is the link to the badminton victoria's tournament calendar for 2011...
    http://hosting3.sportingpulse.com/w.../events/2010_Events/2011_Calendar_V_8__WE.pdf

The first graded tournament for 2011 is the Ballarat Open & Graded sunday 6th of March.
    I got runner up in B single, and won B double with Anthony at Ballarat this year .. so will play those two events again .. if not lower :) ... you can do the Fat-Ashley thing and try and compete with me for the same trophies .. but be warn i've been known to take out opposition's left eye at the nets :p

6. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    I will indeed try to stop your trophy hunting activities in Ballarat next year. Not only did I get a trophy and money voucher in Sydney but I had the pleasure of kicking your butt in the finals.:D

Look forward to similar fun times next year.

7. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    ...correction, I have you money voucher :p ... teach you to be lazy and not show up the next day to claim the prize ... its a $30 Sport Stadium gift voucher .. I'm willing to sell it to the first bidder for $20AUS cash :D

8. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Aahhh Ballarat, should be good in March, at least not freezing cold like the July one...I have won B doubles like 3 or 4 years in a row there now HAHAHAHAHHA :)

9. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    ... OK lets aim for 5 B Doubles in a row for you next year :) .. hope you have better luck in Ballarat then i did in Altona, when Ron ended my winning streak in B grade double at 4 years in a row by forcing me up to A grade this year :crying:

10. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    thanks vien for the valuable infor! thought there will be at least something during summer but to wait until March next year :( quite a long time though. i am thinking to start my hunting in D graded to avoid meeting both Ant & yourself.

11. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    They won't let you play D grade in Ballarat, as I remember they have reserved D grade only for junior players.

12. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler

... sorry eugene, i cant guarantee that Anthony and I will be staying away from D grade in 2011 :p ... its up to the tournament commitee .. cause we'll always try to get into the lowest grade we can .. its only fair since Anthony and i are getting older next year :)

... and its rare but fatAshley is right, Ballarat D grade is reserve for their junior only, but C grade in Ballarat is usually pretty weak, .. Ant and i will be playing in b again to try and give Anthony the 5 years in a row win in B there :)

13. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    LOL... then no choice but to compete with defending champion :D

14. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Yeah he stuck me up in A grade this year, so I protested by staying away:p I will enter again in 2011, and if he says A grade, then I might go in as someone else - a certain Nemesis player - YuTao :p

15. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    aiming for 5 years in a row!

HEY! no one is allowed to beat me and Vien at Ballarat in 2011 - its my 5th year anniversary of winning the B mens doubles and to take that away from a trophy hunter is just criminal:crying: Its almost tradition, even entering in the tournament is just a formality and the organisers have the trophy ready to hand to me as I walk in the door at the beginning of the day:)

16. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    hohoho....Santa claus is coming to town :D you better watch out, you better not cry :D

4 yrs in a row is definitely a very good result which can sustains at least for another 5 years in the history

17. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Ballarat is 4 months away, but i recon you've just got a few people rushing for thier 2011 diary or ecalendar and marking in Ballarat B grade for next year :p

Why dont we get Ash to organise a Titans Tournament or even a JT Titans Tournament sometime between now and Ballarat ... and I'll help out with getting the trophies made :)

Since we only have 4 courts at Glen Waverley .. why not just make it a doubles even only .. and have the differents grades start at different times.

eg. 9:30am-12pm C double, 12-2:30pm B double, and 2:30 - 5pm A double

and play it Sydney style .. double pairs can be of any gender .. and games best of two to 21 rally system, with points deciding the match if teams win one game each ... and if points tied then they'll have to play a 3rd and decider to 21 points swaping side at 11.

18. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Might be a coincident but just checked my email and the Ballarat Badminton just sent both of us a friend request on facebook :) ... else if someone from the BBA been reading this thread .. you can kiss B grade good bye for 2011 :p

19. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    hi guys, just to confirm whether this saturday's session is not cancelled?

20. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Fatter and jollier than Santa Claus Ashley just email the following Titan Social ..

Saturday 11 December - Open
    Saturday 18 December - Open
    Saturday 25 December - Closed
    Saturday 1 January - Closed
    Saturday 8 January - Closed

Saturday 15 January - Open
    Saturday 22 January - Open
    Saturday 29 January - Open

Reason given for why Titan would be closed on 25 Dec and 1, 8 Jan .. is that Ashley will be flying off to Japan in the pursuit of a perfessional career as a sumo wrestler in the super duper heavy weight division ............ we're all wishing you Good Luck with that pursuit Ashley .. may your big belly guide you to victory :)